YOU gotta keep YOUR composure!

I'm finding it difficult to find any humor in this photograph, especially on our school's sports forum, ie, GMG.com. Some of you have already insulted a newbie female poster as if she had no right to express her own opinions so the isolation and demonization of her began from some of you truly class acts. And this pic really puts the icing on the cake on the thread that she began. I'm sure a few 8'th graders would find it funny, though, right there along with some of their public farts.

I'd wager that all the Texas HS potential recruits who might consider North Texas and who we understand from parents regularly read GMG.com are most impressed, too. Whats next for this forum....photos of bestiality? I guess that would get a big belly laugh, too, from some and especially from the soul'less part of a particular generation in this country who are doing their damndest to lose our republic while they'll laugh at that, too......on their way to a soup line.

Plumm, I think you may believe someone posted this to make fun of Ms. Schilleci. She however posted it herself and thus the point is moot.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 4

My wife, like many other women, do not seem to understand the sports-crazed world that most men live in. When they try and cross over into a male-domininated forum to have a legitimate conversation, it seems like every thread seems to take a turn for the worst. It would be nice, just once, to see a woman be able to enter a forum without being the center of attention immediately, just because they possess the "other" thing that men desire (in addition to sports).

I know that some women may like the extra attention. But, it would be nice if they could be given some extra space first to make an impression, before things take a turn away from the sports topic in question. If they were given some space initially, maybe there would be more women in these forums. Just a thought.

I don't want to be a downer and I realize that this type of thing occurs on every sports message board. Yet, it would be nice to see things change a bit. A lot of the witticisms, gentle badgering and other clever banter make this forum an interesting place to visit on a daily basis. But, what if new posters, especially women, where given a little space to breath before their sexuality is thrown in their face ? I personally know that some women with sports opinions avoid forums like this for the exact reasons that I mentioned.

Just a thought. I will probably take a hit for ruining the spirit of this thread. But, I felt a need to say this for all the sports-loving ladies like my wife, I wouldn't say this on most public forums. But, I feel that this forum is a more closely-knit community that most. Thanks.

I'm just waiting for Godwin's Law to kick in.

• Upvote 1

Well that fun ended quickly...

I know, right? Dammit.

My wife, like many other women, do not seem to understand the sports-crazed world that most men live in. When they try and cross over into a male-domininated forum to have a legitimate conversation, it seems like every thread seems to take a turn for the worst. It would be nice, just once, to see a woman be able to enter a forum without being the center of attention immediately, just because they possess the "other" thing that men desire (in addition to sports).

I know that some women may like the extra attention. But, it would be nice if they could be given some extra space first to make an impression, before things take a turn away from the sports topic in question. If they were given some space initially, maybe there would be more women in these forums. Just a thought.

I don't want to be a downer and I realize that this type of thing occurs on every sports message board. Yet, it would be nice to see things change a bit. A lot of the witticisms, gentle badgering and other clever banter make this forum an interesting place to visit on a daily basis. But, what if new posters, especially women, where given a little space to breath before their sexuality is thrown in their face ? I personally know that some women with sports opinions avoid forums like this for the exact reasons that I mentioned.

Just a thought. I will probably take a hit for ruining the spirit of this thread. But, I felt a need to say this for all the sports-loving ladies like my wife, I wouldn't say this on most public forums. But, I feel that this forum is a more closely-knit community that most. Thanks.

I appreciate it that and the spirit from which it came, but honestly- this is exactly what I didn't want this to turn into. This is a football forum. I for one would like to keep it that way.

• Upvote 3

I guess we are going for 10 pages.

I couldn't agree with you more, however I posted that picture as a sarcastic gesture that seemingly frequents this forum. It was probably 6 times that I had someone make a snide remark. ANd yes.. the fact that they find it so funny is kind of amusing. But, I can't say that I really didn't expect it. It was my mistake to assume that leaving this thread open with my real name and photo wouldn't provoke a few cave men. (Hence, the name and photo change.) I could really care less.

Unless we are in the market to recruit female football players, I think its safe to say that our school won't be judged to harshly on a few mouth breathers. It's all good. ;)

Firstly, some of you know that I'm hardly a prude, but with some of my own (admittedly) crap I've posted in past years some of which I look back to with regret and I'd walk back many of those in a minute If I only could but SSP.........

...........I've become even more mindful of the fact that some who read this board; that is, some who could be very important to our future athletic program read this forum more than I was ever aware.

Some of this stuff we can laugh at privately (perhaps) but on a public forum it just seems to lose much of its humor?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

David: Lemme ask you something - lemme ask you something
Ian: What?
David: Have you seen Duke Fame's current album?
Ian: Um... yes, yes.
David: Have you seen the cover?
Ian: Um... no, no, I don't think I have.
David: It's a rather lurid cover, I mean...ah, it's, it's like naked women, and, uh....
Nigel: He's tied down to this table,
Ian: Uh-huh.
Nigel: And he's got these whips and they're all...semi-nude.
David: Knockin' on 'im and it's like much worse...
Ian: What's the point?
David: Well the point is it's much worse than 'Smell the Glove'...he releases that he's number three.
Ian: Because he's the victim. Their objections were that she was the victim. You see?
Derek: I see....
Nigel: Oh...
David: Ah....
Ian: That's alright, if the singer's the victim, it's different. It's not sexist.
Nigel: He did a twist on it. A twist and it s-
Derek: He did, he did. He turned it around.
Ian: We shoulda thought of that....
David: We were so close....
Ian: I mean if we had all you guys tied up, that probably woulda been fine.
All: Ah....
Ian: But it's...it's still a stupid cover.
David: It's such a fine line between stupid an'...
Derek: ...and clever.
David: Yeah, and clever.
Nigel: Just that little turnabout....

• Upvote 2

ronburgundy.jpg

I'm not sure I could have titled this thread any better.....

i applaud you for your humor. I'm glad someone here has a sense of humor. Who cares if the thousands of "remember that game we lost to UT in 1988," threads get hijacked. It's nice that were all having fun here, no? Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2

Are you also mr sunshine on my goddamn shoulder John Denver?

Are you also mr sunshine on my goddamn shoulder John Denver?

Won't say exactly who but... When cerebus was the at the nadir of popularity, and widely seen as a board nazi, the loudest and most popular insurgent was also me.

People would send that account PMs and tell me to keep sticking it to the man (cerebus).

• Upvote 2

Won't say exactly who but... When cerebus was the at the nadir of popularity, and widely seen as a board nazi, the loudest and most popular insurgent was also me.

People would send that account PMs and tell me to keep sticking it to the man (cerebus).

Sounds like a gestapo tactic........ hmmmm.

Firstly, some of you know that I'm hardly a prude, but with some of my own (admittedly) crap I've posted in past years some of which I look back to with regret and I'd walk back many of those in a minute If I only could but SSP.........

...........I've become even more mindful of the fact that some who read this board; that is, some who could be very important to our future athletic program read this forum more than I was ever aware.

Some of this stuff we can laugh at privately (perhaps) but on a public forum it just seems to lose much of its humor?

GMG!

I'm confused. You do know that Mrs. Pedigo/Schilleci changed her board name to SSP and she posted that pic as a joke, because another member asked her to post a pic of herself in a bikini, right? Edited by Green Crazy

If it was a Gestapo tactic, you wouldn't know if I was telling the truth, for all you knew I might still be a super double secret admin...

But I'm not.

:ninjaface:

You say you are lying, but if everything you say is a lie, then you are telling the truth, but you cannot tell the truth because everything you say is a lie, but you lie... You tell the truth but you cannot for you lie... illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are human. Only humans can explain their behavior! Please explain!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708432/quotes?item=qt0406610

Edited by Stix

First of all, Cougar King is two words not one. It's only one word on Coogfans, because two word names aren't allowed

Second, I'm pretty sure I have no trouble getting women, namely those in the 18-24 range, especially with a body like mine but that's another story for another time.

You can call me out when UNT is able to hang with UH on the football field.

So you're saying you're a hot lesbian? Nice.

• Upvote 2

First of all, Plumm, I hate to reissue it so soon after it was flawlessly introduced:

Plumm, eat a Snickers.

So basically, this forum is like the nude beach scene in Eurotrip?