If there's a bright side

emmitt01

Southern California was No.#25 before a 10-7 loss at home to Washington State.

Uh oh... "The Pirate" beat USC in only his SECOND YEAR?

I bet WAZZU is glad this morning they didnt listen to the "You just don't hire anyone who has current litigation against their previous employer"...crowd.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 1

The bright spot overall was the defensive effort. Even giving up the big play to start the game, they regroiuped and only gave up 20 points. That should be a good enough effort to win on the road.

The second bright spot is that our players played through another TERRIBLE offensive game plan to have a shot, however slight, to win the game in the last possession, only to have a screen play called from their own 16 yard line.

Ohio is picked to win the MAC. They put up 42 against a good ULM team last year. They are a good mid-major. Too bad we didn't take advantage of a golden opportunity to win the game.

• Upvote 1

I'm not quite sure how either helps NT respond to this loss

The bright spot overall was the defensive effort. Even giving up the big play to start the game, they regroiuped and only gave up 20 points. That should be a good enough effort to win on the road.

The second bright spot is that our players played through another TERRIBLE offensive game plan to have a shot, however slight, to win the game in the last possession, only to have a screen play called from their own 16 yard line.

Ohio is picked to win the MAC. They put up 42 against a good ULM team last year. They are a good mid-major. Too bad we didn't take advantage of a golden opportunity to win the game.

Thank you.

Finding positives in how our guys handle themselves in the face of trial seems more valuable than tearing down the efforts of other young men because they wear different colors.

• Upvote 1

They need a new head coach in present

They fire anybody and everybody except the guy who needs to go. He had one miracle season, and probably in spite if himself. I don't think the school wants to shell out all that buyout money.

But I digress. Go Mean Green 'Merica!

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

They fire anybody and everybody except the guy who needs to go. He had one miracle season, and probably in spite if himself. I don't think the school wants to shell out all that buyout money.

But I digress. Go Mean Green 'Merica!

The ONLY reason the school in Austin beat USC is because Pete Carroll was arrogant and went for it late in the 4th instead of punting. They didn't make it and left the QB just enough time and a short enough field to get lucky.

• Upvote 1