Opening line has Ohio (-8)

meanrob

Man, if you really gain enjoyment out of coming to UNT's football forum to attempt to troll us I can only imagine how sad and empty your real life is.

Ohio has lost two senior starting offensive lineman and will now have to shuffle players around. I think our defense can go toe-to-toe with their offense now given those losses. I have no idea how our offense will fare against their defense though. For now, I will take Ohio by 3.

Also, I believe they will still be short a starting cb, which will help us in one of our weaker spots, in my opinion. It's going to be tough to pull this one out. It will be within 10 pts, I just don't know which way.

• Upvote 1

Joe Public will bet this line down. The big NT win and the big Ohio loss helps change perception in NTs favor.

This will be a very, very tough game for NT to win.

I wonder what knee jerk threads pop up if NT loses this one?

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

The line listed in the DMN today reads 5.5 altthough they list the opening as just 6.5. Lines are not based on what odds makers think the game will be, lines are set to create a roughly equal number of bets on both sides. Always remember the difference!

By the way, if everyone simple ignore trolls, they go away. If no one responds to them, it isn't fun for them and they leave. Trolls want an angry response which is why they post the way they do.

Speaking from experience, they have a shorter week with some issues. Playing field is level. It is down to turnovers and our secondary.

I'm worried about our starting corners. Another game like that against a better team could be trouble, but James Jones is nice to have on the bench. Too bad it may take a big play to the house for him to get in. the corners are going to have to play that post a lot better, if our safeties are going to be playing up.

There were two plays that had me concerned in the Idaho game.

1.) The breakaway run where their back blew past the linebackers and no secondary was there to help

2.) The wide open catch by their receiver where our defender looked lost.

I'm going to hope that those were just 1st game jitters and that won't happen again. I'm not very confident that is the case however. Call me worried about Ohio...

I predicted a loss in the Ohio game at the beginning of the season. I am still sticking to that. I hope I am wrong. I want nothing more than to be wrong. But, statistics and history say my head is more right than my heart.

Go mean green!

I think the bigger issue is Mac's record on the road at North Texas...we've won like 3-4 games total if that?

Hey Mods, why do we let trolls like this TCU douche continue to post? I'm serious--at least the UH poster has some connection here, since he used to be a student at UNT. And GL2Greatness just argues ad nauseum his points. But the TCU got is just a troll. Ignoring posters is one thing, letting the board get trolled by someone outside of here isn't what I thought this board was about. Seriously, even ignoring him, you still several replies to his stupid posts that just draw UNT discussion offsides.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...