GoMeanGreen.com Reputation Standings 8.26.13

Harry

Quantity does not necessarily equate to quality. :lol:

Thank God someone finally said it. Take off the lol, because you are dead on here. I really wish these plus and minus things didn't exist, as they may possibly limit, or stifle completely, unpopular (but possibly correct) opinions from those new to the board or just not confident in their opinions.

The only reason I lead this stupid thing is because I post A LOT (sadly, I'm addicted, DAMN YOU, HARRY!!!). If Tasty didn't become a mod, he would be leading by a LOT. If Tony (KingDL) posted more, he would be leading by a LOT.

Not only that, but the negatives give the trolls a reason to stick around and a goal to shoot for. I wish this would just go away, but I know I'm probably in the minority.

And, yes, I did find something new to bi+ch about.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I really wish these plus and minus things didn't exist, as they may possibly limit, or stifle completely, unpopular (but possibly correct) opinions from those new to the board or just not confident in their opinions.

I wish this would just go away, but I know I'm probably in the minority.

THIS

• Upvote 2

I am for the whole plus/minus thing to go away, or at least the minus or negative. Several forums only have a like.

I like the plus minus ratings. There a couple other forums I visit that would be improved by the ability to note your dislike of a post without the need to get into a more public and often nasty tit for tat.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I like the plus minus ratings. There a couple other forums I visit that would be improved by the ability to note your dislike of a post without the need to get into a more public and often nasty tit for tat.

So passive/aggressive is better than open conversation?

Doggie Style's post above illustrates another reason these things suck. The trolls get a reward instead of ignored.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So passive/aggressive is better than open conversation?

Doggie Style's post above illustrates another reason these things suck. The trolls get a reward instead of ignored.

To answer your first question - yes, sometimes it is better than open conversation, because IMO it reduces the noise on here. If I don't like one of your or someone else's posts I'll just -1 you and move along. It leaves more room for complaining about helmets on hats and other such groundbreaking discussions.

I'll also say it gives me and I'll say probably others a way to scan through topics to find the great nuggets of comments and humor. I'd say that for the most part it does a good job of sorting that good from bad out as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thank God someone finally said it. Take off the lol, because you are dead on here. I really wish these plus and minus things didn't exist, as they may possibly limit, or stifle completely, unpopular (but possibly correct) opinions from those new to the board or just not confident in their opinions.

The only reason I lead this stupid thing is because I post A LOT (sadly, I'm addicted, DAMN YOU, HARRY!!!). If Tasty didn't become a mod, he would be leading by a LOT. If Tony (KingDL) posted more, he would be leading by a LOT.

Not only that, but the negatives give the trolls a reason to stick around and a goal to shoot for. I wish this would just go away, but I know I'm probably in the minority.

And, yes, I did find something new to bi+ch about.

I am 100% behind you. To add, to me it seems a bit silly to have a college-level forum with a "reputation" point-based system and counter-productive for the reasons you mentioned.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the plus/minus stops any nasty tit for tat here, but I do like the tit side.

• Upvote 3