QBs in practice...any news?

BIG DAWG

Unless he gets injured , DT will be our starter games 1 - 4 no matter what. If we are sitting at 0-4/ 1-3 before CUSA , then Mac will make a change.

I think this is the likely scenario also, but I just still think the coaches don't have any faith in DT. If they feel more confident in another qb then I think we see him.

Don't forget, Mac said in the spring that he wouldn't be opposed to a qb rotation especially at the beginning of the year. Not a wildcat system, but a system where each qb gets a couple series to run the offense and see how they move the ball.

• Upvote 1

For one, I am plenty happy with DT being our #1 coming out of spring and fall ball. I like senior leadership under center and from what I have heard, DT has really stepped up and into that leadership roll. He, from all comments I have heard...not from personal observation mind you...looks very good in practice and is moving much quicker than last year. He knows the system, knows the players, knows the coaches and he is our most experienced QB.

I really hope DT posts a TD-to-INT ratio better than 14-14.. If not, it's going to be a long season and even longer off season.

• Upvote 2

Returning starter Derek Thompson, Andrew McNulty and Brock Berglund all saw time with the first team. Thompson took the most snaps with the first team.

Canales and McCarney said there is no clear-cut pecking order at this point.

Freshman Dajon Williams made a big impression while working with the third team and is pushing the top three. He has not worked with the second team at this point, but could that opportunity before the end of fall camp.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/scrimmage-notes-video-coming.html/

Aw, look at ya'll writing off my assessment of Dajon. How cute.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would like to think that fans would buy season tickets to watch and support North Texas football, not Derick Thompson football, or Dan McCarney football, or a helmet-I-like football. North Texas football will last for another 100 years. Be a part of North Texas football.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

I would like to think that fans would buy season tickets to watch and support North Texas football, not Derick Thompson football, or Dan McCarney football, or a helmet-I-like football. North Texas football will last for another 100 years. Be a part of North Texas football.

GO MEAN GREEN

Anyone on here is invested as a fan. Varying degrees of investment for sure, but we're all invested.

I'm only speaking for myself for sure, but I feel others agree, I will go to all home games and cheer for whoever is at qb. I want to see the best product on the field possible and if that means someone else other than our redshirt senior at qb then that's what I want.

• Upvote 2

Bros. It's a joke. Simmer down.

I guess just to fully clarify since some really did think I was serious:

My first post was continuing the rub on FFR's obsession on practice this week. So I singled out the one QB who I knew would probably not be mentioned much this season. Lo and behold my bemusement later that day... So of course I run with that.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2

So we are going to wait until the last 2 series of the last, meaningless game of this season to waste another year of his eligibility.

Is that the part of DT 2010 you were talking about?

Funny, but no. However, if he consistently performed the way he did in that single series, I think we'd all be thrilled.

I was referring to comments I think RV made in the podcast regarding DT's weight and performance at practice. But then again, seems like we've heard historically that he's usually outperformed others at practice.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I really hope DT posts a TD-to-INT ratio better than 14-14.. If not, it's going to be a long season and even longer off season.

I would hope so as well, but I believe his ratio will be much better this season....he has a more experienced and reportedly a bigger, faster and stronger offense to work with. And remember...an improved defense will help as well. QB's tend to "look" a lot better when they don't have to go 70+ yards on so many drives.

So many factors here, but I think we will all see, those of us watching of course, a much more experienced and productive offense this season...led by, yes, our senior QB, DT.

Also agree that we will see other QB's playing in certain packages and in certain situations. Seems a good strategy to me.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All you are hearing right now from RV and Mac is complete coach speak, which is what they should be doing, by the way.

And from every other coach in the country..HS, College and Pro. Isn't that always the way it is...especially this time of year? Nothing at all new here and certainly not unique to the Mean Green.

My first post was continuing the rub on FFR's obsession on practice this week. So I singled out the one QB who I knew would probably not be mentioned much this season. Lo and behold my bemusement later that day... So of course I run with that.

Sorry, bud. I guess I missed it. Thanks for clarifying.

And its funny isn't it? For as many times as I was told no one around here but me cares about a scrimmage,..there sure has been a lot of discussion about a scrimmage?

:)

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

And its funny isn't it? For as many times as I was told no one around here but me cares about a scrimmage,..there sure has been a lot of discussion about a scrimmage?

:)

Rick

But you're the butt a joke... Not exactly something to best your chest about.

• Upvote 3

But you're the butt a joke... Not exactly something to best your chest about.

LOL....I'm sure I am and I could care less, which seems to be lost on you.

I was the only one here bitching about our AD besmirching our school by shoving Burnt Orange and Blue down our throats 17 years ago. And weak-kneed, yellow belly ass kissers who marched along with them lock step came on Gmg.com calling me all sorts of names because they were all convinced that the same group who disallowed tailgating...KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING! The attacks on me got heated to the point of wishing for my death,... which I wouldn't doubt still thrives today.

...."I hope in his next fire FFR dies in a collapse and I can go see his little boy crying at his funeral then afterward I can go piss on his grave"....

Later on, 5 years maybe, the powers that be from Dr. Pohl's office admitted that inserting Blue and Orange was a terrible marketing mistake and promised we would never do that again.

So to hear from the likes of you that I'm the butt of jokes because my opinion again isnt a popular one tells me I'm doing something right.

Maybe sometime soon we will start to see some changes to where our program values the customer and does everything it can to cultivate and grow like some of the successful programs do.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

LOL....I'm sure I am and I could care less, which seems to be lost on you.

I was the only one here bitching about our AD besmirching our school by shoving Burnt Orange and Blue down our throats 17 years ago. And weak-kneed, yellow belly ass kissers who marched along with them lock step came on Gmg.com calling me all sorts of names because they were all convinced that the same group who disallowed tailgating...KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING! The attacks on me got heated to the point of wishing for my death,... which I wouldn't doubt still thrives today.

...."I hope in his next fire FFR dies in a collapse and I can go see his little boy crying at his funeral then afterward I can go piss on his grave"....

Later on, 5 years maybe, the powers that be from Dr. Pohl's office admitted that inserting Blue and Orange was a terrible marketing mistake and promised we would never do that again.

So to hear from the likes of you that I'm the butt of jokes because my opinion again isnt a popular one tells me I'm doing something right.

Maybe sometime soon we will start to see some changes to where our program values the customer and does everything it can to cultivate and grow like some of the successful programs do.

Rick

:shocking:

• Upvote 2