For All The DT Haters Out There

Chico says, "he's probably one of the smartest quarterbacks I've ever coached in my coaching career to be honest with you."

He continues on about the wide receivers last year and says, "living in that tight world that we had to live in last year was very difficult for me but I'm looking forward to what we're going to do this fall."

Here you go:

Here's to hoping our offense is significantly improved!

Gosh, I don't think anyone hates any MG football player. They may have hated a performance or 2 or 3 or game results, but hate one of our kids who wear the green?

I think many of us have gone on record saying we hope Derek Thompson has a career year his last year at UNT (and I'd bet

he wants that to happen 10 X's more than anyone on this message board).

Again, I think DT#7 puts it all together this Fall and our team wins 6 or 7 games.

If we win 7 we go bowling. Not sure 6 wins with a 12 game season would cut the mustard.

GMG!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

There was nothing in the spring game that made me think that Derick Thompson had improved greatly. His stats reflected a typical game from him. Eager to see the best QB emerge in Fall, but worried with Mac/Chico's comments and what I saw in the spring game. How many days a week do the guys practice during Fall practice?

Edited by Snowy
  • Upvote 1

My money says the North Texas football coaches will go with the QB who will give them the chance for the most wins and their own job security, too......after all......wouldn't you do the same if you were in their shoes?

This will not be relegated to that of a popularity contest except on this message board.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Gosh, I don't think anyone hates any MG football player. They may have hated a performance or 2 or 3 or game results, but hate one of our kids who wear the green?

I think many of us have gone on record saying we hope Derek Thompson has a career year his last year at UNT (and I'd bet

he wants that to happen 10 X's more than anyone on this message board).

Again, I think DT#7 puts it all together this Fall and our team wins 6 or 7 games.

If we win 7 we go bowling. Not sure 6 wins with a 12 game season would cut the mustard.

GMG!

I couldn't agree more with your first statement. I don't hate any player, though no one made me pull my hair out (what's left of it) last season more than DT and his terrible passing. I am not convinced that he has "It" but I am willing to be proven wrong, and I hope he does prove me wrong.

I don't hate any player, though no one made me pull my hair out (what's left of it) last season more than DT and his terrible passing. I am not convinced that he has "It" but I am willing to be proven wrong, and I hope he does prove me wrong.

I firmly believe that UNT's kicking game starting about 2007 and frankly--up to now--has shortened my life considerably.

Chico says, "living in that tight world that we had to live in last year was very difficult for me but I'm looking forward to what we're going to do this fall."

That is the most telling comment in the piece. And it has little to do with DT.

• Upvote 1

Let me just comment about the title of this thread. If I hate anything it's the term "haters". 99.9% of the time, someone utters it when someone else is just being "critical" or offering "constructive criticism" that is based on their humble opinion. The term is used when someone is trying to derail "constructive criticism" or just regular criticism. IMHO, the person uttering the term is trying to avoid having a back-and-forth with someone because they are mentally incapable of being logical and conveying that logic in a cogent manner. Either that, or they are just intellectually lazy.

Now, as to Mr. Thompson. Being smart and being of good character are very fine qualities. But I believe that one of our biggest areas of need, as stated by our head coach, reflects Mr. Thompson's overall performance as a QB. And that need (as stated by Coach Mac) is getting the ball into the end-zone after we make it to the red zone. Last year we tore it up between the 20's (which is reflected in Mr. Thompson's high stats), but after that.........

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know who doesn't hate DT and agrees he's super smart?

WKU

TROY

MTSU

ASU

ULM

Nobody doubts the guy's character, or heart, or brains. It's that whole accurate throwing thing that is an issue.

Powerhouses Texas Southern and South Alabama both like him a lot, too...

• Upvote 1

--Don't blame the QB, he is trying to do his best most likely.... blame the guy that puts him on the field... if you have a problem with him being QB... He should play a better one (if one exists on team) or recruit better.

Part II : don't call plays that he can't really execute well ... know what his capabilities are.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Downvote 1

Let me just comment about the title of this thread. If I hate anything it's the term "haters". 99.9% of the time, someone utters it when someone else is just being "critical" or offering "constructive criticism" that is based on their humble opinion. The term is used when someone is trying to derail "constructive criticism" or just regular criticism. IMHO, the person uttering the term is trying to avoid having a back-and-forth with someone because they are mentally incapable of being logical and conveying that logic in a cogent manner. Either that, or they are just intellectually lazy.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2