New book store means new fan gear!

This picture in this article seems to indicate that it will reopen July 1st: http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20130624-ahead-of-schedule.ece

Construction does not always run on time. So, I figure someone on here might have been on the campus and actually saw it open. I am old and out of shape. Parking and walking over there could kill me in this heat.

• Upvote 1

Construction does not always run on time. So, I figure someone on here might have been on the campus and actually saw it open. I am old and out of shape. Parking and walking over there could kill me in this heat.

Good point. I actually thought it was very cool this morning though!!

Wnt to Voertman's and it is definitely closing...and had a Texas Tech trailer hitch cover for sale.

Man that is really sad they've been there since 1925! Are you sure about this? What is going in that building?

Is the Barnes and Noble in a new location? I was in the union bookstore today and nothing has changed.

Wnt to Voertman's and it is definitely closing...and had a Texas Tech trailer hitch cover for sale.

They said they are keeping the Voertmans name... I hope you are joking about this damn trailer hitch.

• Upvote 1

Voertman's isn't closing. What are you talking about? Maybe it looks bad, but it has for a year. They usually have good UNT gear, I hope that stays the same. But, they're likely going through a transition...but not going out of business.

Also, the founder of Voertman's sold it a long time ago to Neebo, who recently sold it after going bankrupt. So, it's not likely changing, either. Have you been in Voertman's recently, though? It's looked terrible since I first came on campus. Leaks, dirt, crap everywhere, no organization, disgusting looking...love it, but it's been in disarray since I started at UNT. I doubt it'll change much. They're in a bit of transition where people will get the books for you instead of getting them yourselves and reorganizing the apparel, as well as their art supplies.

I have a hard time believing the Tech hitch. Sorry.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

Voertman's isn't closing. What are you talking about? Maybe it looks bad, but it has for a year. They usually have good UNT gear, I hope that stays the same. But, they're likely going through a transition...but not going out of business.

Also, the founder of Voertman's sold it a long time ago to Neebo, who recently sold it after going bankrupt. So, it's not likely changing, either. Have you been in Voertman's recently, though? It's looked terrible since I first came on campus. Leaks, dirt, crap everywhere, no organization, disgusting looking...love it, but it's been in disarray since I started at UNT. I doubt it'll change much. They're in a bit of transition where people will get the books for you instead of getting them yourselves and reorganizing the apparel, as well as their art supplies.

You doubt me...guess I just imagined the double "T" sitting amongst the North Texas hitches. Strangely diet coke boy imagined the exact same thing while he stood beside me.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2

Is the Barnes and Noble in a new location? I was in the union bookstore today and nothing has changed.

They made the switch last week. They are using the space in the union and moving in August.

http://www.dentonrc.com/business-tech/karina-ramirez-headlines/20130519-karina-ramirez-voertmans-sold-to-out-of-state-investment-group.ece

Exactly. They sold it in 1990. Says clearly in the article it was sold to Nebraska Book Company...also known as Neebo. Neebo went out of business and sold Voertman's The Voertmans haven't owned it since 1990...what makes you think it'll change?

What worries me is that they will change these buildings from their historical style to something like Sterling. Which is worrisome. I doubt Denton would let them since the only reason Fry disappeared is due to fire, but who knows...Denton has been letting our historical and unique style disappear as of recent. However, I think it'll stay as is and get some much needed renovations...but keep the same building/style.

Considering Big Mike's isn't going to let them change the building nor Kush, I think it'll be fine. They're renovating and changing the inside of Voertman's, which makes me think it'll stay the same.

As far as the Tech tailgate...didn't want to believe it...wow. Since that's the only one, likely it was an accidental ship by the company.

tl;dr voertman's has been owned by big business since 1990...nothing's changing.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

You doubt me...guess I just imagined the double "T" sitting amongst the North Texas hitches. Strangely diet coke boy imagined the exact same thing while he stood beside me.

I spoke with the management about this and asked if this was going to be the norm. They told me they have been getting a lot of messed up orders from there distribution center. Last week they said they got a huge of shipment of UTA hats. Thank god they sent that crap back. They also said they kept the TT hitch because it was the only one they had in the shipment. I still think they should have sent it back though... The fact it is there drives me crazy.