uniform upgrade

wardly

Do you know why I moved from PA to TX? 1) To get away from the hellhole where I lived and 2) To go to one of the best art schools in the country. We have amazing art students, teachers, and alumni. You're absolutely right.

I'd probably rephrase that one next time.

See, I told you guys I wasn't the only one who thinks and talks like this ;)

haha :)

• Upvote 1

I like our current uniforms, I mean, after all, we are the Mean Green. I also like the current shade of our green. I do say we probably could make the helmets a little more lively and take off the "North Texas" as I agree with a previous poster, it seems redundant.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Look at other teams green uniforms (Baylor, Michigan State, Marshall, The Jets,Philadelphia etc.) and you realize they all look better than ours. There is nothing mean about our weird shade of green.

• Upvote 3

*Ahem.*

Hands down the best look I have ever seen for the team. Perfect design. The team would be proud to wear these and I would love to see the team wearing them.

The current uniforms isn't the worst the team has had. They are just terribly generic. The current players and more specifically recruits care about this kind of stuff. The interlocking NT is great. The unimaginative uniforms and constant brand changing screams Busch League.

• Upvote 2

Look at other teams green uniforms (Baylor, Michigan State, Marshall, The Jets,Philadelphia etc.) and you realize they all look better than ours. There is nothing mean about our weird shade of green.

This.

I've never understood why we don't use the multi-green look. Both a light and dark shade offsetting each other to emphasize the ONE unique aspect of our program.

I like our current uniforms, I mean, after all, we are the Mean Green. I also like the current shade of our green. I do say we probably could make the helmets a little more lively and take off the "North Texas" as I agree with a previous poster, it seems redundant.

Funny you say that. Only a couple of years ago, everybody was complaining about our lack of green on our uniforms, now everybody is screaming for white, black, and every other color underneath the sun. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 2

You mean our official color of green? I like it, but it needs some design changes to the helmet (logo).

I see kids eating gummy, gross, chemically based looking candy and realize that, except for our uniforms,it is the only time I ever even see that color. We have old uniform designs that would be a big improvement. If we want tradition we sometimes have to go back and rediscover it.(Like the original Scrappy, for example).

I love it! Why don't you please forward to Rick and Coach Mac? This is the best NT uniform I have ever seen! Thanks,Ward White,class of 66'.

I have a better idea. Post a printer friendly image on this thread and everyone who is going to the signing day event, walk up to Rick and Mac and give them a glossy print copy of the image. And sign your name on the copy/image so that they know that Mean Green club members are in favor of the uni's.

OR, someone bring a glossy image/copy of the uni's to the signing day event and then go around and have people sign the back of it and then present it to RV and Mac.

If you forward it via e-mail, then the famous black hole that is the Athletic Department (especially the part of it that only wants your money but not your suggestions) will swallow it up and claim that they never got it.

Edited by SilverEagle

Why is this a fail? He is probably right.

We bring up uniform changes every year and how many times has anything discussed on this forum really made a difference? With that in mind, how would a Facebook community make any significant difference? It's really just a waste of effort.

All we seem to do is practice insanity because we keep doing the same thing year in and year out and expect a different result.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We bring up uniform changes every year and how many times has anything discussed on this forum really made a difference? With that in mind, how would a Facebook community make any significant difference? It's really just a waste of effort.

All we seem to do is practice insanity because we keep doing the same thing year in and year out and expect a different result.

So a hotly discussed subject should not be brought up on a forum where the point is to discuss subjects? Nothing wrong with you thinking its a waste of time, your participation isn't mandatory. For those that want to "waste" their effort, this is the place.

• Upvote 1

These uniforms are badass, we all agree on that. Coming from the perspective of a current college student, college students would love to see new, trendy jerseys.

We watch big-time football and see these Oregon jerseys and Nike pro combat jerseys. There are a lot of UNT students who want this to happen for us, players included, and a Facebook page that we could like in mass numbers would allow us and anyone else who cares to voice their opinion.

That being said, it may very well not make any difference at all, but if Rick Villareal saw 10,000 likes on a page with custom made UNT jerseys you would hope he would at least see that this is what the students, fans, and even players want.

Also, Mac has said he doesn't want new jerseys but it may not be entirely his call.

I don't see why it's not worth a try. I do see how you think it's a lot easier to face palm than create a page on Facebook, much less like it.

Why not bring up these uniform change discussions and suggestions at the quarterly meetings?

I was actually at the first (and last) one which was not at the time an official quarterly meeting. It was RV's first ever meeting at UNT which one could say

was the prelude of others similar that would not come to pass. It was a fumbling of quarterly meeting plans of biblical proportions.

And UNT's Unis? At least our shade of green is much prettier and better looking than the Tulane Green Wave. YUK! Whoever picked their color combo

must have been on an all night drunk on Bourbon Street. Was the green inspired by all the puke on that famous street? Might be worth a google search.