Very Good Forum

croatan

I am an ECU fan and somewhat of a message board nerd. When the new schools joined Conf USA, to learn more about them, I went to each of the message boards to glean what I could about the history of each school . In my opinion, this forum has some of the most well informed and level headed posters among all Conf USA schools, including ones already in the conference.

I actually have learned quite a bit about your school through some of the excellant posts. I really think Conf USA will be a competitive league and it certainly was important to ECU. Except for Southern Miss and Marshall, ECU did not have any rivalries in the Conf when we started in it. Over time however, ECU developed some very good ones , as well as benefiting from better recruiting, and fan support.

Anyway, good look to you guys are you enter Conf USA. I think you will be pleased with what it can do for a school.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Stay tuned CROATAN. It's still very early in the off season. Before very long you will see debate of the pros and cons of helmet stickers, how much green an Athletic Department member should wear, and discussion of the selection of tunes played by our marching band, the Green Brigade. We have a large number of dedicated fans most of which have an opinion on any given topic. Accurate or not, an opinion.

We're agreed, I think, that we are excited to join CUSA. I hope you can visit our new stadium soon and I look foward to visiting all our new conference mates.

Go CUSA

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

I think we should have throwback day in 2013! Think about the revenue opportunities for the school. Sell NTSU shirts, old logo items, bring back some leaders from the past and celebrate our history at halftime. Play some music from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Rule #1:

1. Make sure this is a non-televised game - no need to confuse the sheep out there.

2. Create a tagline for the game - Our History Our Pride or A Rich Tradition

BSU celebrates its history from the 50's through the ranks of 1AA and into today's college football power.

I have seen so many colors, logos, names...and I only started following the Mean Green in '86! I have a lot to learn about our Rich Past.

Finally, I saw a 16 ounce glass tumbler at Voertmans the other day with our full fight song on it, including the change U-N-T-Eagles...I would like to see the football leadership - coaches, student presidents, fraternities, alumni associations...talk to the kids at Eagle Camp or whatever we call it. Talk about working together to preserve the pride of our fight song. Get them to practice it and even talk about how to drown out anyone who disrespects the fight song. It would be like turning the tide against the idiots and getting students to organize for tradition. This could also be talked about in freshman orientations...

GMG

• Upvote 2

As you know, last season, Aopgee's first, a different generation of teams were invited back at each of 6 home games. The final home game (MUTS ?) featured the team that was fielded when Fouts opened and Ken Bansen "scored" behind a slower but as determined line just as he scored the first TD at Fouts in 1960.

I'd really like to have a different jersery era per home game. The lime green and the Stylized Eagle are my favorite.

GO MEAN GREEN

The AD needs to make those throwback jerseys available for Mean Green fans to purchase. Can you imagine how many lime green and the stylized Eagle jerseys could be sold to alumni? Heck, I'm from the Joe Green era, but I sure would buy a throwback jersey from the Fry era.

Your funny.

They didn't even have a Tony Mitchell jersey available until mid semester this year, there is no Joe Greene throwback to be found anywhere, and yet you expect a throwback jersey?

I know it seems common sensical, but don't look for it to happen, probably ever.

• Upvote 1

Croatan, has it right. I also frequent some other sport forums. Most are full of internet tough guys or people that just want to argue for no good reason. There are a few folks on here like that, but for the most part everyone just wants to talk sports and have a good time. Way to go us!

I have cat like ninja fighting skills and an uber large brain. I'll mentally destroy you then beat you silly. I am the toughest man on the internet and no living person has ever known more or held more valuable opinions as me.

Admittedly, I starterd writing this as a joke but suddenly realized I sounded a tiny bit similar to my favorite Houston fan.

• Upvote 1

Call me, there is someone I know who needs to have an "accident."

That is a decal I saw on eBay.

I love it! I wonder if that's where the inspiration for the AFLAC Heisman TV commercial came from.