Tony Benford is most like....

H-towngreen

Shanice Stephens.

Talks a big game, can't back it up.

Not just losing games but getting hammered by bad teams.

And now were starting to see players being suspended game after game, and for what reasons???

This is getting worse and worse as each game goes bye.

Hard to justify losses, but it should not be hard to justify a suspension. There is more to life then winning basketball games. Accountability is huge. I have no problem with Benford holding players accountable for going to class and following team rules.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Benford needs to go but RV won't fire because then he will have to admit he made another bad hire. Benford is like a cancer and needs to be cut out.

He won't let him go because UNT cannot afford to eat that much contract. He's guaranteed to be here three years regardless of performance unless someone with really deep pockets steps up.

• Upvote 1

He won't let him go because UNT cannot afford to eat that much contract. He's guaranteed to be here three years regardless of performance unless someone with really deep pockets steps up.

No...eff that...I will gladly only have 5 home games next year or the next for RV to do what southern miss did in order to get rid of their coach. Sell games...fire this dude...he is a disaster for our school!

UNT will cost itself more if it refuses to right this disaster, assuming a major miracle doesn't happen and this somehow turns around this year (I'd give this about a 2% chance).

Even if UNT does do the right thiing, who would make the next hire?

And will they even interview the following:

Scott Cross

Danny Kasper

Bob Marlin

• Upvote 3

No...eff that...I will gladly only have 5 home games next year or the next for RV to do what southern miss did in order to get rid of their coach. Sell games...fire this dude...he is a disaster for our school!

Best answer....how does that feature work?

But seriously. Thor's post plus a million. Not sure I trust our ability to hire a replacement, but that's another thing altogether.

• Downvote 1

We can't afford to let him go but we can spend millions converting a cafeteria into a basketball practice facility?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

We can't afford to let him go but we can spend millions converting a cafeteria into a basketball practice facility?

Those millions came from private donations for the purpose of building that facility. As far as I know at his point, those same folks have no intention of donating to buyout any coaching contracts at this time.

I guess it's up to you. If you are so inclined, see what you can do. How much do you think it would take?

• Upvote 1

Ok, it's comments like this that show really how little people really understand about how D1 athletics work at this point in time. If folks want us to be competitive we have to have facilities to be competitive.

Has anyone seen the tcu practice facility? How about the new SMU practice facility? Let alone the ut practice facility? Recruiting is predicated on a commitment to a program. Practice facilities are part of the game now. Hell most suburban high schools have practice gyms or additional courts now.

Did you contribute to the practice facility or toward the coach's salary?

• Upvote 2

And there it is ... It was only a matter of time before we had the obligatory pissing match post.

Has nothing to do with a pissing match. Has everything to do with getting in the game. You want improvement, quit bitching and start helping. Somebody commented earlier that bitching showed they were a passionate fan. I call BS. Participating, attending, cheering, and giving show passion. Takes a hell of a lot more effort than bitching, but the rewards are greater.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Has nothing to do with a pissing match. Has everything to do with getting in the game. You want improvement, quit bitching and start helping. Somebody commented earlier that bitching showed they were a passionate fan. I call BS. Participating, attending, cheering, and giving show passion. Takes a hell of a lot more effort than bitching, but the rewards are greater.

I'm not trying to start a fight... Merely asking. What do you suggest to those who do all that you have stated? And to those who do all those things but aren't able to give millions? Surely you're not suggesting they are lesser fans? So your point then is just shut up and say nothing, am I right? If so then only fans who give millions should be allowed to yell "Go Mean Green" at games.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2

So we have green dude and Kram who seem to know what they are talking about versus a bunch of whiney alumni. At least a few us know what it takes. I am by no means wealthy, but my contribution is never missing a game and supporting this team and program as best I can.

An example was this fair-weather fan I have seen at a few games who wears a green cap. Last game he had another guy with him wearing all blue. They could nothing but gripe and not even show support when we did make basket. People like that frustrate me to no end...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10