Tony Benford is most like....

H-towngreen

Yes, all we do is gripe. None of us are donors. None of us go to games or follow the team from afar if we live hundreds (or thousands) of miles away from Denton. None of us wear NT stuff or talk up our school to anyone who will listen, including co-workers who could care less.

No, all we do is complain on this messageboard.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

So we have green dude and Kram who seem to know what they are talking about versus a bunch of whiney alumni. At least a few us know what it takes. I am by no means wealthy, but my contribution is never missing a game and supporting this team and program as best I can.

An example was this fair-weather fan I have seen at a few games who wears a green cap. Last game he had another guy with him wearing all blue. They could nothing but gripe and not even show support when we did make basket. People like that frustrate me to no end...

Where would we be without you Andriver?

• Upvote 2

So we have green dude and Kram who seem to know what they are talking about versus a bunch of whiney alumni. At least a few us know what it takes. I am by no means wealthy, but my contribution is never missing a game and supporting this team and program as best I can.

An example was this fair-weather fan I have seen at a few games who wears a green cap. Last game he had another guy with him wearing all blue. They could nothing but gripe and not even show support when we did make basket. People like that frustrate me to no end...

That fair weather fan is just the type of person we need to be converting to die hard, and it isn't going to be done by guilting them, or badgering them into submission. It's going to come by being competitive on our own floor.

We should be making them feel at home.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 3

We just lost by 10 plus to a terrible team that was 2-8 coming in and in a game we were favored to win by 13.

At home.

We are 1-4 in conference play.

And yet there are still folks that want to stick their head in the sand and pretend everything will be ok.

Amazing.

That was Lee Jackson. We like for him to show up every so often.

• Upvote 1

Don't think I would qualify anyone that's made several games in person in this massively disappointing season "fair weather".

Shanice Stephens.

Talks a big game, can't back it up.

Not just losing games but getting hammered by bad teams.

And now were starting to see players being suspended game after game, and for what reasons???

This is getting worse and worse as each game goes bye.

I don't know... Benford was handed a great collection of talent, that many believed would have won the Sun Belt West under Johnny Jones. In my opinion, Benford was in a better position then Stephens, and that makes him a worse coach.

I'm still waiting for the athletic department to address the failures of this basketball season. If they wait much longer, it will be too late. This team has no business in last place. Benford needs to go.

• Upvote 1