Derek Thompson Tweet

Harry

Agreed that it sucks, however UNT doesn't have great brand identity.. FOR GOD'S SAKE, THIS IS THE SECOND YEAR THAT WE HAVE HAD THE NIKE JERSEYS FOR OUR FOOTBALL TEAM AND WE STILL CANT BUY NIKE REPLICAS... UNT's branding department has come a long way from 10 years ago.. however, they have second class designers making our t-shirts and design wise suck. I love UNT for the people and the sports, but the management people in the office need to be replaced.

Edited by UNTeagle88
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

we don't care about "hits" Kram. Nice try though

Just wondering why the mods would let this guy and a couple of others hang around. Doesn't make much sense to me...and all boards who advertise care about hits by the way. At least that is what the professionals who create these things for a living tell me about this sort of thing. Just repeating what I was told when I asked a guy about it. It's not a rag on you guys, just a comment....and a possible reason for allowing these guys to hang around.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Just wondering why the mods would let this guy and a couple of others hang around. Doesn't make much sense to me...and all boards who advertise care about hits by the way. At least that is what the professionals who create these things for a living tell me about this sort of thing. Just repeating what I was told when I asked a guy about it. It's not a rag on you guys, just a comment....and a possible reason for allowing these guys to hang around.
I'd think # of hits would be important for selling advertising, but what do I know.

Regarding giving this guy the boot, he's a former UNT student that doesn't always have positive things to say. If that is boot worthy, it seems like this board would get pretty quiet if enforced. Just my thoughts.

Or because they care about having breadth of opinions. The all RV love all day channel needs changing from time to time.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I'd think # of hits would be important for selling advertising, but what do I know.

Regarding giving this guy the boot, he's a former UNT student that doesn't always have positive things to say. If that is boot worthy, it seems like this board would get pretty quiet if enforced. Just my thoughts.

Well, you do have a valid point.

• Upvote 1

I do internet marketing for a living so I am fairly well versed on the pluses of driving traffic.... however he and some others are limited to 1 post a day at this point so it is fairly obvious that we don't depend on him and a few others for anything. We can't just ban any and everyone who comes by to troll. Sometimes some of these guys say things that you don't want to hear but sometimes they make a point. GL2G has GOT to start limiting his posts if he wants people to read them but he is starting to tone down the hate speech. Just saying that banning 3-4 people won't change our "hit counts" either way.

Or because they care about having breadth of opinions. The all RV love all day channel needs changing from time to time.

Get a new gig, Sarge...I guess you and FFR had a love fest together in all the negativity all the time at the AF-Rice game. Why is it that you seem to think negativity is "breadth of opinions", but the same is not correct regarding positive comments? If it's fine to knock everything that is RV and UNT then it should be OK to praise where one believes praise is due as well. Last time I looked it's opinions and you seem to have plenty to hem as well. Hammering on me constantly is getting a tad lame and old...perhaps you could tell us about more cookie bakes or something instead for awhile...or about how much you love UT. You have been fairly quiet on that front for awhile.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

I do internet marketing for a living so I am fairly well versed on the pluses of driving traffic.... however he and some others are limited to 1 post a day at this point so it is fairly obvious that we don't depend on him and a few others for anything. We can't just ban any and everyone who comes by to troll. Sometimes some of these guys say things that you don't want to hear but sometimes they make a point. GL2G has GOT to start limiting his posts if he wants people to read them but he is starting to tone down the hate speech. Just saying that banning 3-4 people won't change our "hit counts" either way.

OK...makes sense. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Get a new gig, Sarge...I guess you and FFR had a love fest together in all the negativity all the time at the AF-Rice game. Why is it that you seem to think negativity is "breadth of opinions", but the same is not correct regarding positive comments? If it's fine to knock everything that is RV and UNT then it should be OK to praise where one believes praise is due as well. Last time I looked it's opinions and you seem to have plenty to hem as well. Hammering on me constantly is getting a tad lame and old...perhaps you could tell us about more cookie bakes or something instead for awhile...or about how much you love UT. You have been fairly quiet on that front for awhile.

Let me get this straight. When people post things that aren't complimentary of a football program that is at eight losing seasons and counting (or a basketball program that would love to be treading water as well asthe football program currently) they need a "new gig" or should perhaps be BANNED?? Yet, we should all respect differences of opinion when the strident voice is your sunshine pumping? Would you prefer to play the role of the pot or the kettle in this scenario?

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

As fun as sub-threads about internet marketing and poking fun of the jilted fan boys is can we back to my t-shirt cannon idea.

Or can we at least observe the irony that this board goes down the rabbit hole about lack of school sprit on every other thread, but now that there is actually a timely thread about school spirt no one is talking about the actual issue.

• Upvote 2

As fun as sub-threads about internet marketing and poking fun of the jilted fan boys is can we back to my t-shirt cannon idea.

Or can we at least observe the irony that this board goes down the rabbit hole about lack of school sprit on every other thread, but now that there is actually a timely thread about school spirt no one is talking about the actual issue.

You say you need some kind of a cannon built? Why the hell didn't you just say so?

I could build you something to help you reach campus from say...Lewisville...or you could go the more conservative route and shop here...http://tshirtgun.com/

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1