Derek Thompson Tweet

Harry

Let me get this straight. When people post things that aren't complimentary of a football program that is at eight losing seasons and counting (or a basketball program that would love to be treading water as well asthe football program currently) they need a "new gig" or should perhaps be BANNED?? Yet, we should all respect differences of opinion when the strident voice is your sunshine pumping? Would you prefer to play the role of the pot or the kettle in this scenario?

Nope just commenting on the fact that you jump on those of us who choose to be positive while giving those who like you seem to want to criticize all the time a pass. Seems a tad ironic to me...and if it's OK for you guys to constantly criticize, why is it not OK to find something positive? You can have your position of negativity and I can be one of those who choose to see things differently. If it bothers you for someone to be positive...well, just ignore the posts and have a love fest with all the negative folks...no problem...it's an opinion board, right? Maybe we can get together and bake cookies for the ladies of the 911 division.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

DerekThompson_7 We BETTER be bowlin next year. Nothin better than football in December... All in.

2 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Something we can all agree on !!

BINGO! in fact...double bingo to that!

Back to the original post...Not true. If you walk across the UT campus you see t shirts from other schools, even aTm. Obviously there is more UT gear, but other school's gear appears. It happens everywhere, well, maybe not college station. And I'd bet the higher the winning percentage of the athletic program, the higher count of that schools tshirt sales. I don't like it either, but it happens. It's worse at UNT b/c we don't have a winning tradition.

• Upvote 1

Solution: On campus t-shirt cannon. Between 10-2 on any given day a roaming band of boosters should be given the t-shirt cannons from the game and be allowed to peg people not in green.

Or, how about we take the TAMU method of cult like peer pressure to solve this issue. I will never forget 1,000 Aggies chanting "BITCH TAG..BITCH TAG.." at Sebisa Cafteria Hall in 1986 when a young lady walked in with a bow in her hair. She took the bow out immediatly of course. I was stunned by this behavoir. After I transfered to NTSU, I realized that this was not a Texas thing. Just an Aggie thing.

Your t-shirt cannon idea has more upside than down. I like it. Just the right amount of peer pressure, but not too much unless you seriously turn up the air pressure on the cannon.

By the way, my 12 yr old and his gamming buddies don't tweet or text or even use phones. It's all gamming/Skype simulcast. "Why would anybody text, tweet or talk on a phone?" ...He asked me.

• Upvote 1

By the way, my 12 yr old and his gamming buddies don't tweet or text or even use phones. It's all gamming/Skype simulcast. "Why would anybody text, tweet or talk on a phone?" ...He asked me.

Your 12 year old and gams? I think it may be time for The Talk.

1327416596_cameron-diaz-lg.jpg

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe, but I wasn't on here talking about us going bowling all year either. I would guess his meatloaf is now crowloaf.

"Meatloaf is now crowloaf?" Good lord that is lame, just how dorky are you in real life? This is why I usually ignore your posts, you are horrible at smack talk. You or Kram (who actually doesn't like me because I said something about him being old or something like that once) try to come at me almost every time I post something even when it has absolutely nothing to do with flaming or trolling and you guys fail miserably doing so.

ANYWAY, relating to the thread. This was a problem on the UH campus for quite a while until Khator and some UH professors started a campaign about 4 years ago called "Keep Houston Red". That and the recent success of the football team and the rise of 5-star recruit Danuel House leading the now 10-2 basketball team has cause the number of people wearing other school's shirts on campus has dropped dramatically. The ONLY person I've seen on campus wearing another school's shirt since I got here was some dude in the library wearing a Yale shirt.

As far as how the Keep Houston Red campaign works, is that there is always a place where you can trade in other school's shirts and get a free UH t-shirt in return. The goal of that is to eliminate the excuse of "I don't have a UH shirt and can't afford one at the bookstore." This was also why they give out over 5000 t-shirts on game day as well. (Even though I have NEVER seen anybody wear another school's shirt at a UH football or basketball game unless they were the opposing team's fans)

When we had our basketball game against Aggy at the beginning of the month, Keep Houston Red had an event where if you had an Aggy shirt, you can exchange for a UH shirt and a Popcorn voucher. Also what professors are doing now, is if you were to come into their class with another school's shirt on, they will make you turn it inside out and tell you to come by their office later on for a UH shirt.

I think UNT needs a "Keep Denton Green" campaign similar to UH. An aggressive administration plus a winning football and/or basketball team will do wonders for school spirit and eliminating the other school's t-shirts on campus problem. When I was at UNT, I was annoyed at seeing people wear other school's crap on campus and even my roommate I had an apartment with wore Whorn gear around campus and we lived literally a five minute WALK from the Super Pit yet he refused to go to the UNT games and instead watched Whorn games on TV and always said "we" when referring to them. He didn't even know who Tony Mitchell was until I told him. Even then, he still wasn't interested.

UNT really needs to reach out to students like him if they want to make this less of a problem. I know Villareal does it, but just hi, doing it is not enough.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

"Meatloaf is now crowloaf?" Good lord that is lame, just how dorky are you in real life? This is why I usually ignore your posts, you are horrible at smack talk. You or Kram (who actually doesn't like me because I said something about him being old or something like that once) try to come at me almost every time I post something even when it has absolutely nothing to do with flaming or trolling and you guys fail miserably doing so.

ANYWAY, relating to the thread. This was a problem on the UH campus for quite a while until Khator and some UH professors started a campaign about 4 years ago called "Keep Houston Red". That and the recent success of the football team and the rise of 5-star recruit Danuel House leading the now 10-2 basketball team has cause the number of people wearing other school's shirts on campus has dropped dramatically. The ONLY person I've seen on campus wearing another school's shirt since I got here was some dude in the library wearing a Yale shirt.

As far as how the Keep Houston Red campaign works, is that there is always a place where you can trade in other school's shirts and get a free UH t-shirt in return. The goal of that is to eliminate the excuse of "I don't have a UH shirt and can't afford one at the bookstore." This was also why they give out over 5000 t-shirts on game day as well. (Even though I have NEVER seen anybody wear another school's shirt at a UH football or basketball game unless they were the opposing team's fans)

When we had our basketball game against Aggy at the beginning of the month, Keep Houston Red had an event where if you had an Aggy shirt, you can exchange for a UH shirt and a Popcorn voucher. Also what professors are doing now, is if you were to come into their class with another school's shirt on, they will make you turn it inside out and tell you to come by their office later on for a UH shirt.

I think UNT needs a "Keep Denton Green" campaign similar to UH. An aggressive administration plus a winning football and/or basketball team will do wonders for school spirit and eliminating the other school's t-shirts on campus problem. When I was at UNT, I was annoyed at seeing people wear other school's crap on campus and even my roommate I had an apartment with wore Whorn gear around campus and we lived literally a five minute WALK from the Super Pit yet he refused to go to the UNT games and instead watched Whorn games on TV and always said "we" when referring to them. He didn't even know who Tony Mitchell was until I told him. Even then, he still wasn't interested.

UNT really needs to reach out to students like him if they want to make this less of a problem. I know Villareal does it, but just hi, doing it is not enough.

Just FYI....I have no clue who you are, so I don't dislike you or like you. In fact, it is a "who cares" to me. It is just that your posts are so inane and childish and immature that folks just wish you would go away and go play with the rest of the Cougar diaper set in your own board. Why you constantly have to come here to post reflects your immaturity. Just go let your Mom know you need a diaper change and go away. And, as far as you calling me old and that hurting my feelings....oh, man...I have been called much worse by far more immature folks on this board. Being called old is a badge of honor I will wear proudly. Not much one can do about their age, but you can certainly do something about your immaturity and need for recognition here on GMG.com.

But, Happy New Year to you...maybe you can grow up and go away in 2013. Or, start posting appropriately here...maybe folks can learn that Cougar King is really not so inane after all...give it a try. Appropriate conversation welcome here....give it a try sometime.

And, I will add...this post...other than the first part...is very good and a case in point. Keep this up and folks here might just start reading your posts again. I gave you a plus 1 for this....

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 3

Just FYI....I have no clue who you are, so I don't dislike you or like you. In fact, it is a "who cares" to me. It is just that your posts are so inane and childish and immature that folks just wish you would go away and go play with the rest of the Cougar diaper set in your own board. Why you constantly have to come here to post reflects your immaturity. Just go let your Mom know you need a diaper change and go away. And, as far as you calling me old and that hurting my feelings....oh, man...I have been called much worse by far more immature folks on this board. Being called old is a badge of honor I will wear proudly. Not much one can do about their age, but you can certainly do something about your immaturity and need for recognition here on GMG.com.

But, Happy New Year to you...maybe you can grow up and go away in 2013. Or, start posting appropriately here...maybe folks can learn that Cougar King is really not so inane after all...give it a try. Appropriate conversation welcome here....give it a try sometime.

And, I will add...this post...other than the first part...is very good and a case in point. Keep this up and folks here might just start reading your posts again. I gave you a plus 1 for this....

This

• Upvote 1

UNT did have a program to exchange out other schools' shirts for an NT one omce. In fact, it was spearheaded, fundraised and implemented by a student back in 2000.

That guy is gone now...busy policing Dallas and being called "negative" because he hates mediocrity.

• Upvote 6

It ain't the message it's the delivery.

Oh, if I could only give you 500 plus 1's for this post.

It isn't so much what the guy is saying as we all realize his love for UNT, it's more the way it is being said. One might think about that a bit if one cares.....

My bride for several years beat on me for the exact same thing...she would say...it's not what you are telling the kids, t is how you are telling them. Took awhile but I finally figured out that she was 100 percent correct. Found a different way to deliver the message, and it was amazing to witness the improvement in results. Glad I wished up...after much wifely prodding....before the kids were old enough to stop listening entirely.

So, yes, I give you much credit for this post...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2