Lehigh Game Promotion!

Harry

".,people see the team...people might just come back and buy tickets"

Hahahahahaha

So, perhaps you do have a sense of humor...you are coming, right? Even considering a tailgate, right? What 's wrong with you Sarge?

And a HaHaHa right back at ya! Smile, the aides love those cookies...are you baking cookies for the tailgate? If so, I might have to stop buy...rumor has it that they were pretty good.

Yep...people buy concessions, people buy shirts, hats, etc.,people see the team...people might just come back and buy tickets. I call that a promotion. You are welcome to call it whatever you wish. I'm just guessing, but it will probably be something negative.

Mr. Sunshine. no matter what unless someone disagrees with you.

If giving away free tickets, is a promotion; it is a lame one. Economic justification, as you have attempted, does not work. How many people that won't spring for a $7 ticket are going buy big amounts of anything. Probably only those that would have came anyway and bought tickets if they couldn't have got them for free.

As far as people liking what they see and coming back as paying customers, it seldom happens. What does happen if you do this type of "promotion" too many times is that your product is cheapened and people who actually have been buying tickets wonder why.

No I don't see this as a promotion or a thanks to supporters. It is more an attempt to not be embarrassed by bad attendance for a much ballyhooed game. . I would be happy if it added thousands to the attendance, but I doubt this ticket give away has any real effect.

• Upvote 2

You are correct. This has nothing to do with MGC and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with a secret donor who wants us there so bad that he bought a huge batch of tickets. This has to do with the AD realizing that tickets sold is going to be an issue and they are doing anything they can to stop the inevitable from occurring.... a very low turnout rate for such a highly touted (in the preseason) matchup. Desperation hidden under the guise of charitable giving. The same play I would make in similar circumstances.

We have a winner!

• Upvote 1

Once again, one mans generousity, and it was his idea, not the athletic department, has been made a joke by people on this board. People doing everything in their power to make things better at this place, including opening their checkbooks, and you guys finding a way for unselfish giving to be bad. THIS PROMOTION HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH ONE DONOR WANTING HIS BELOVED ALMA MATER TO LOOK GOOD AND TO SHOW THE KIDS ON THIS BASKETBALL TEAM THAT SOMEONE HAS THEIR BACK AND BELIEVES IN THEM. And if they just keep shooting the basketball, some of us fans have faith that the shots will start falling, and if they keep improving and playing hard, then they will start winning games. And the belief that just maybe if our kids put it together, albeit a considerable long shot, and we get some people in the building that may have not come otherwise, then they might come back and make this place one of the most difficult places to play in the country because it is loud and full during conference play.

These are all ridiculous and stupid ideas. Imagine if we get on a roll, and win some new fans, and then the students come back in mid January, how much fun it will be. I will be there regardless of what happens, cussing losses, celebrating wins and singing the alma mater after the game.

I am very proud of someone that I consider a friend, "The Tasty Greek" taking somewhat of a high road on all of this even though I know HE MUST BE ABOUT TO BLOW, but except for the occasional jab and good humor, and I may be wrong about this, he has not publicly stated that one of the hardest working and most accessable athletic directors in the country needs to be fired, or that the basketball coach needs to be fired.

Why not just bring 4 of your friends to the game. Tell them what it is. Two potential future NBA draft picks on the same court in Denton Texas. One of the teams beat Duke last year to advance in the NCAA tournament. It was only the 6th or 7th time in history that a 15 seed upset a 2 seed.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Once again, one mans generousity, and it was his idea, not the athletic department, has been made a joke by people on this board. People doing everything in their power to make things better at this place, including opening their checkbooks, and you guys finding a way for unselfish giving to be bad. THIS PROMOTION HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH ONE DONOR WANTING HIS BELOVED ALMA MATER TO LOOK GOOD AND TO SHOW THE KIDS ON THIS BASKETBALL TEAM THAT SOMEONE HAS THEIR BACK AND BELIEVES IN THEM. And if they just keep shooting the basketball, some of us fans have faith that the shots will start falling, and if they keep improving and playing hard, then they will start winning games. And the belief that just maybe if our kids put it together, albeit a considerable long shot, and we get some people in the building that may have not come otherwise, then they might come back and make this place one of the most difficult places to play in the country because it is loud and full during conference play.

These are all ridiculous and stupid ideas. Imagine if we get on a roll, and win some new fans, and then the students come back in mid January, how much fun it will be. I will be there regardless of what happens, cussing losses, celebrating wins and singing the alma mater after the game.

I am very proud of someone that I consider a friend, "The Tasty Greek" taking somewhat of a high road on all of this even though I know HE MUST BE ABOUT TO BLOW, but except for the occasional jab and good humor, and I may be wrong about this, he has not publicly stated that one of the hardest working and most accessable athletic directors in the country needs to be fired, or that the basketball coach needs to be fired.

Why not just bring 4 of your friends to the game. Tell them what it is. Two potential future NBA draft picks on the same court in Denton Texas. One of the teams beat Duke last year to advance in the NCAA tournament. It was only the 6th or 7th time in history that a 15 seed upset a 2 seed.

The donor needs to donate his money to buying out the Benford contract.

#realtalk

#-1meifyouwant

#youknowimright

• Upvote 4

If this is the case, more power to the donor and thanks. I just wonder why if these tickets are paid for and donated, it is not publicized with no names mentioned if they want to keep it anonymous.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate this guy. I always thought that 'Secret Santa' meant someone purchased something to give away secretly. Not sure how people came to the idea that this was a giveaway.

I think in reading most of the posts on this board, the support is certainly with the guys. I think it would be hard to argue that. It's the Head Coach that appears to be the sticking point with most. We'll all watch and hope that something 'clicks'. I know I will... regardless of how many nut-kicks I take.

FYI, in my opinion, if anyone thinks that Rick V should be fired for the Benford hire, you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

• Upvote 1

I know that I will be bringing 6 people that don't normally come with me. When I went in and picked up my tickets earlier, they had had more than a thousand people already take up this generous donor on the offer. Do I think giving away tickets is bad? Yes. But this isn't giving away tickets. This appears to be someone who is offering to buy tickets for others. Maybe I'm naive in believing this, or perhaps I'm not as cynical and caustic as some of y'all yet...

Whatever the case, Thank you for the free tix! Lookin forward to a W and Go Mean Green

• Upvote 1

Why not just give tickets away at the gate? Our most celebrated home game of the year and the Super Pit will be a ghost town.

Benford'd

I do wish they would make it easier to get the free tickets. Getting up to Apogee before 5:00 tomorrow isn't going to happen for me, so bringing 4 friends may be a long shot without my dishing out a serious sales pitch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok you got me. I should have said "playing hard and start to improve". Instead of "keep improving". Believe me, I am watching the same games you guys are, and it is not fun at all.

Let's hope that this Lehigh game is the catalyst for turning this season around. I think if we can shoot just a little bit better we can hang with these guys.

Never underestimate the ability of some to make lead out of diamonds! If ever there is even the slightest way, the "usual suspects" here on GMG.Com will make it so.....

Thanks to Flyonthewall for letting folks know that the "secret Santa" is indeed paying for the tickets...so, while the folks who take the guy up on his generous offer get a free ticket, the ticket has been paid for by the "Secret Santa". I hope I run into "Secret Santa" at the game so I can tell him thank you!

Here's hoping the guy has to pay up for a bunch of tickets...great to hear that perhaps a thousand or more have already been picked up.....THANK you Santa for being part of the solution. Please understand that the majority of members of the Mean green Nation appreciate your generosity!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1