HC Crowd

NT91

I took off at the half. I could not take anymore. I needed some JD.

I made a remark after one of ASU's touchdowns that they were scoring effortlessly against us, which resulted in a woman standing nearby flashing her son's jersey number on her necklace. Figured I'd better flee before the frustration caused me to say something really stupid. That's what I get for not drinking today.

• Upvote 5

I don't understand how 6K students, extending into the end zone is "disappointing"? Okay.

Because people focus on the 200 sloppy drink students who were outside stumbling over each other to bad rap music and puking on each other's shoes. Surely, had they come in, we would have won.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 5

student showing was well below troy. not even close. if the students attendance had equaled troy, we wouldve had 20k. I'm surprised at this week's number. This is the first time this year that I think the number was actual bodies in the stands. my rainman-like eye guesstimated 18k...

nt91,

i think 12500 is ambitious. that might be the "reported" #. My guess is 7000

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really not worthwhile for me to guess the attendance....I thought, by the end of the 2Q, we were getting close to 20K. The alumni side was as large as it has been this year and where ever there was shade, we were filling up there. Students were not in place at kick off but their side was respectable by half (respectable for the type of game we were watching).

Never was a much noise in the stadium (see my parenthetical comment from above).

GMG

• Upvote 1

Because people focus on the 200 sloppy drink students who were outside stumbling over each other to bad rap music....

Yea, we stayed till the end of the game. So while walking through the gates on the east side with kids in tow alongside other families and AState visitors it pissed me off to hear blaring from the hill on a loud sound system...

....MOTHA F--CKA!!!!!.....BITCH GOTTA BIG FAT CHUNK A $@&...

....GOTTA GET SOME A THAT MOTHA F--CKIN......

Unbelievable! I couldn't cover both kids' ears at the same time so I just grabbed the 8 year old's and used what voice I had left and started talking about next week as loud as I could and rushed them to the truck.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Yea, we stayed till the end of the game. So while walking through the gates on the east side with kids in tow alongside other families and AState visitors it pissed me off to hear blaring from the hill on a loud sound system...

....MOTHA F--CKA!!!!!.....BITCH GOTTA BIG FAT CHUNK A $@&...

....GOTTA GET SOME A THAT MOTHA F--CKIN......

Unbelievable! I couldn't cover both kids' ears at the same time so I just grabbed the 8 year old's and used what voice I had left and started talking about next week as loud as I could and rushed them to the truck.

Rick

I find your comment a bit ironic based on a personal experience of mine with your own language and actions with one of your kids in tow.

However...I agree with your sentiments here 100 percent. This type of thing is NEVER appropriate in public. Sorry you had to experience that...never good.

• Upvote 1

As a student who went to the game, I've felt that we came out in good numbers. Some did leave, however, after the 3rd quarter when the team was pretty far behind. The alumni side was a bit fuller than usual.

Hey...thanks for supporting the team. It is YOUR team much more than it is the Alumni's team. Please come back next Saturday for senior day and bring a ton of your friends!

17,000 is a VERY ambitious number. Joe Blow fan has long since chalked this up to "same ol' NT" and even many of our season ticket holders (several that I know) are already making alternative plans for their Saturday.

Like it or not, the "progress" talked about on this board is t equating to wins...and those we desperately need on the bandwagon read box scores not GMG.com.

P.S. I saw where somebody said that a good expectation for next season is 5-6 wins. With the way that schedule sets up (VERY winnable opener AT HOME, games against Tulane, UTSA, UTEP and MAC schools) I would consider 5 wins stagnation at best.

17,000 is a VERY ambitious number. Joe Blow fan has long since chalked this up to "same ol' NT" and even many of our season ticket holders (several that I know) are already making alternative plans for their Saturday.

How would u even know that ,you have never been a professional crowd estimator before...

Edited by NT03