Been meaning to ask.....

DeepGreen

Did anyone watching the North Texas vs ULL Espn2 telecast find it annoying to hear the band director in the background before every band piece was played? This went on throughout the game. Same thing at the Houston game, but I dismissed it because we were sitting right there by the band. But over a TV telecast, across the field? Maybe he needs to turn down that cheesy little Radio Shak PA system he uses.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 10

no i like his little quips... they are pretty funny...

but on a sidenote... I was more disappointed that the ULL/Arky St. game had Joe Tessitore and Desmond Howard as their announcer, while we got some scrub and Andre Ware...

I need more Desmond Howard at UNT

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Did anyone watching the North Texas vs ULL Espn2 telecast find it annoying to hear the band director in the background before every band piece was played? This went on throughout the game. Same thing at the Houston game, but I dismissed it because we were sitting right there by the band. But over a TV telecast, across the field? Maybe he needs to turn down that cheesy little Radio Shak PA system he uses.

Let me shed a little light on the situation, so that way you don't make yourself look silly for criticizing. ESPN puts mics by the band. It's not our fault the ESPN crew decided not to turn down the mics that were by the band.

Also, the "cheesy little Radio Shak PA system" is basically the most common PA system used by marching bands across the nation. So way to make yourself look like you know what you're talking about.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

no i like his little quips... they are pretty funny...

but on a sidenote... I was more disappointed that the ULL/Arky St. game had Joe Tessitore and Desmond Howard as their announcer, while we got some scrub and Andre Ware...

I need more Desmond Howard at UNT

Give Andre ware over Howard every time. I listened to Howard for about 5 minutes and wanted to rip my ears off. He's better on game day.

• Upvote 4

A guy that was in the Texas State band said that it was lame that North Texas uses the PA system at all. According to him "Only High Schools use PA systems. It's pathetic"

I had no idea this was a thing. I had no comeback for this.

Ask him if the Texas State Band Director needs to speak to a marching band of 350 members...

• Upvote 1

A guy that was in the Texas State band said that it was lame that North Texas uses the PA system at all. According to him "Only High Schools use PA systems. It's pathetic"

I had no idea this was a thing. I had no comeback for this.

NT is not the only college band using PAs.

Edited by greenminer

Let me shed a little light on the situation, so that way you don't make yourself look silly for criticizing. ESPN puts mics by the band. It's not our fault the ESPN crew decided not to turn down the mics that were by the band.

Also, the "cheesy little Radio Shak PA system" is basically the most common PA system used by marching bands across the nation. So way to make yourself look like you know what you're talking about.

Look pal, I don't have to know anything about marching bands. Anyone watching the game on ESPN2 or 3 could hear the band director quite clearly in the background. This was a national broadcast for crying out loud! For such a highly acclaimed marching band, I thought the band director announcing instructions for a national audience was small time and very annoying. No one in the broadcast truck could have instructed the field crew to turn down the ESPN mike?

Look pal, I don't have to know anything about marching bands. Anyone watching the game on ESPN2 or 3 could hear the band director quite clearly in the background. This was a national broadcast for crying out loud! For such a highly acclaimed marching band, I thought the band director announcing instructions for a national audience was small time and very annoying. No one in the broadcast truck could have instructed the field crew to turn down the ESPN mike?

Well, you have now pissed off the Sicilian. Good luck with all that.

• Upvote 1

It's O.K. Everything is fine. I have just contract.............er, contacted my own private sound engineering team and they will make the necessary "adjustments" prior to the next televised or ESPN3 home game. They will be supervised by one of my own, Alphonso Destefano.

article-1096751-02D32184000005DC-139_468x250.jpg

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm just amazed at our ability to complain about anything and everything. I heard that we lost some 4* prospects because they didn't like the way the marching band sounded on TV.

• Upvote 1

I'm just amazed at our ability to complain about anything and everything. I heard that we lost some 4* prospects because they didn't like the way the marching band sounded on TV.

I'm not complaining about the marching band. In fact, I'm not complaining at all. Just pointing out the obvious. Did you watch the game on TV?

You know... Really annoying stuff like getting the band to join the cheerleaders, having the band do the way inbetween quarters (or during tv time outs), telling the band what song is next, telling the band to yell on third down after they play...

Ban the wave!

• Upvote 1