Attendance For Today's Game

cdizzle86

We have seen this trend for decades. These same students eventually graduate and become pathetic alums by not coming to games.

Hopefully with the work Coach Mac and RV are doing with the freshman orientation sessions this is changing. We'll know more in about 4 years.

This has been the trend for decades. These same students eventually graduate and don't attend the games.

How can you say that? Attendance has been increasing year over year. Obviously it's not old ass alumni coming back to the program.

I'm a product of the freaking Todd Dodge era and have season tickets with 7 others from 2010/2011.

We're not going to put 30k in there for a while, but as long as our current student turnout keeps increasing and we can add more season ticket holders than are dying off (which we are), we'll be fine. Wait until we play relevant, regional opponents.

• Upvote 1

The culture transformation will begin and end with today's students. The sports culture and initiatives the school is doing today isn't the same as even when I was a student up until 2007. I won't worry about the old alumni that we lost because the chances of them coming back are very minimal for the most part. A complete culture change is a work in progress. But there is no doubt that the arrow is pointing up.

• Upvote 3

The students that showed up tonight were pumped! I was amazed by how many knew players names including new guys like Trice, Akkune, Jimmerson etc. It was a nice change from the usual 3 hours of negativity.

If we can get on a roll and come in the Tuesday night game against ULL at 4-2 I have no doubts the students will show up in droves. They're ready to see a winning product on the field.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully with the work Coach Mac and RV are doing with the freshman orientation sessions this is changing. We'll know more in about 4 years.

As someone who took part in freshman orientation this year, I can agree that they make attending those games very appealing. Especially the ULL game that'll be broadcast on ESPN2.

Also, from the student side of things I can say that others were pretty happy, and from what I can tell, we will be coming in droves for the other home games this season as well. Great atmosphere.

• Upvote 3

How can you say that? Attendance has been increasing year over year. Obviously it's not old ass alumni coming back to the program.

I'm a product of the freaking Todd Dodge era and have season tickets with 7 others from 2010/2011.

We're not going to put 30k in there for a while, but as long as our current student turnout keeps increasing and we can add more season ticket holders than are dying off (which we are), we'll be fine. Wait until we play relevant, regional opponents.

Obviously, Cooley is not making a blanket statement.

We've had attendance peaks/valleys before. The program is on it's way up, and we'll be looking for long term (more than 4 years) sustenance.

• Upvote 1

Keep winning.

I cant overstate this fact. Wins build a program more than pay day losses. Recruits want to win, fans want to see a win, students want to support a winner. At this point most of the students don't even realize the disparity of who UNT plays. All they see is a scoreboard. That's where we are right now, and many schools have taken this route to build their programs u til they are ready to computer with bigger schools...Boise st did it, TCU did it, even Texas Tech did it. Wins bring in more fans than decent opponents. Just look at students comments after tonight.

• Upvote 2