Katrina, Ike, now possibly Isaac

ADLER

Frogs, locusts, fire, and brimstone seem a little outdated.......maybe some divine being is using tropical storms to tell LSU to move these games to North Texas.

There may be no electricity in Baton Rouge this weekend and the city may be in full recovery mode.

Should this week's game be moved to North Texas if it cannot be played in Baton Rouge and another suitable weekend cannot be scheduled?

o-TROPICAL-STORM-ISAAC-PATH-HURRICANE-FORECAST-MIAMI-570.jpg?6

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I can't think of any reason LSU would ever be okay with playing in Denton.

If someone can give me a reason, I'm all ears.

The only reason I can think of off the top of my head is that LSU wants a full record. Some people might give them criticism for not playing as many games as other colleges if they skip out on this one instead of moving it. One game shouldn't matter, but you know how people are.

EDIT: Oh, and that Apogee isn't Fouts.

Edited by dmaxel
  • Upvote 2

Move this game to Shreveport next Sunday night !!!!!

The problem with moving the game to Shreveport is that it is the primary destination point up I-49 for Louisianans on the Storm Evacuation Route. Shreveport (which may also receive heavy flooding) could be filled next weekend with storm refugees as this storm is predicted to possibly blast along the La-Tex border. Many of them may not be cleared to return to coastal regions for several days.

Here's a current forecast model

Wednesday:Noon

gfs_mslp_uv900gulf_tropical_23.png

Edited by ADLER

The problem with moving the game to Shreveport is that it is the primary destination point up I-49 for Louisianans on the Storm Evacuation Route. Shreveport (which may also receive heavy flooding) could be filled next weekend with storm refugees as this storm is predicted to possibly blast along the La-Tex border. Many of them may not be cleared to return to coastal regions for several days.

I bet Shreveport hotels are booked up for Thursday night with the Aggies in town.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You think LSU would learn. Schedule us, and the whole region takes an a$$ kickin.

Here a quote from the TigerDroppings page

Isaac looks like it may make landfall around the same area and have the same level of intensity as Gustav.

Gustav ripped signage off the stadium and scattered it onto the field and did some damage to the west side of the stadium. Gustav also knocked out power for a week in most of BR and 2-3 weeks in some areas or BR.

Keep in mind Gustav hit on a Monday and postponed the Troy game that next Saturday.

I wouldn't bet on playing Saturday.. but that's just me. Maybe Monday or sometime after Saturday.. or during the bye week.

• Upvote 1

I'd shit myself if the LSU game got moved here. That would be the absolute greatest thing I've heard in months.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm hoping that due to the LSU legal counsel's lack of common english skills and general intelligence, that a clause in the game contract specifying that Hurricanes are an acceptable cause for non-payment was not included, and therefore when "the swamp" becomes a literal swamp and the game cannot occur, that LSU can simply write their check, and we move on with an 11-game season, no serious injuries, and our first season opener at home in over a decade.

• Upvote 3

Too much state of Louisiana income impact... Remember this happened before and they just rescheduled it later in the year on a bye week I believe. If we had a return game in play - which we don't - I could see it. Personally Id love to see it get delayed as it would likely help our home attendance in the opener.

Too much state of Louisiana income impact... Remember this happened before and they just rescheduled it later in the year on a bye week I believe. If we had a return game in play - which we don't - I could see it. Personally Id love to see it get delayed as it would likely help our home attendance in the opener.

I compared the bye weeks for both LSU and UNT.

None fall on the same week.

This basically throws out rescheduling.

It looks like its either Apogee or Nothing.

Id throw out cotton bowl or any other neutral site because it would cost us venue fees and it probably wouldn't be prepped in time.

Im sure Apogee is already getting ready for Texas Southern for Sep 8

This would give us the opportunity to get Apogee on the national stage TWICE!

This could really pull the Denton community together.

Turning a snooze of a home schedule into (almost) the hottest ticket in town. (Cowboy Classic sold out)

Imagine a sold out Apogee, standing room only,Green&White,Purple&Gold, Scrappy&Mike The Tiger, Boomer kicking off the season on ESPNU

With BR fans and citizens needing to evacuate, this could really boost the Denton economy.

We have the additional hotels built recently that can accommodate this huge traveling fan base

Let's hope Rick V. and the athletic dept take the bull by the horns to make this happen.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1