OFFICIAL UNT vs. LSU GAME-WATCHING LOCATIONS THREAD

Harry

Getting out to watch the games on TV with other UNT fans is the next best thing to actually being at the game. This gives us an opportunity to show local establishments our numbers and reward them for taking the steps necessary to allowing the Mean Green to be seen.

Please post any and all game watching locations and details (food and drink specials, directions etc) in this thread so we can keep it as organized as possible. I know that there are two alumni events at Rudy's in Allen and Fox and Hound in Lewisville so if you are organizing please copy and past any prior information here as well as future updates. I will be pinning this thread to the top of the football board until after the game is over. GMG!

This post has been promoted to an article

The Denton Chapter of the UNT Alumni Association will be hosting a watch party at Fox & Hound in Lewisville

I understand the Collin County Chapter of the Alumni Association will be hosting a Watch party at Rudy's...I think the Allen location

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

Just got off the phone with the woman at Champions in Austin (she happens to be an LSU fan)... informal UNT Austin watching party at Champions at 4th and Trinity. After party at Lucky Lounge at 5th and Lavaca. Tip me later.

Edited by meanJewGreen
  • Upvote 1

Rudy's BBQ in Allen:

Kickoff is at 6pm on September 1st to watch our beloved Mean Green take down the #1 LSU Tigers. Rudy's will have drink specials for North Texas fans. We will have door prizes, courtesy of the UNT Alumni Association. This year I'll be bringing a PA system to the Allen watching parties so we can still hear the game over the cheering.

sml_gallery_3776_23_153067.jpg

Rudy's is located on the east side of Central Expressway, just south of Stacy Rd in the Villages of Allen. It's next to Cabelas.

SO WHO'S COMING TO RUDY'S???

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

Watch party! My apartment in Edificio Ibis 2, Camino Antigua de Nayon, Quito, Ecuador. PM for directions if you don't know the Monteserrin/Sierra de Moral area well... ;)

LSU may not be feasible, but I'll check flights for some later games.

Looking at the map, it looks like its a straight shot down 35

Edited by Censored by Laurie

I just noticed that Rudy's in Allen has their "Watch UNT Football at Rudy's" banner hanging out front of their restaurant again. Glad to know they didn't get rid of it at the end of last year. The restaurant did the banner on their own. It's great to see UNT sponsored by community businesses.

• Upvote 4

I too will be bringing a few to the LSU game. This will be my first time seated in the end zone amongst all those wonderful, well behaved, educated, LSU students.

I'll be there with you.

LSU fans treat us pretty good. I don't think their fans view us as a threat.

• Upvote 1

Gawd, the September 11, 1999 LSU game and the damn telephone. I am shocked that anybody else remembers that fiasco.

While I was a little nervous, I just want you to know that I had your back if it had gotten sketchy. Although I might not have been much help as I was LMAO.

I was content to let the 6th grade educated drunk LSU fan go with it to see what he had to say to our coaches in the press box. Luckily you were more mature and did the right thing.

• Upvote 1