season tickets

10Eagle10

this is an email I got from that other board. Start at the bottom. Obviously, I'm a marked man now. Oh well, I pissed off way more important people in my life.

Grant.UNT

Message subject: Re: Unbelievable

Folder:

whoever "you guys" are, you get all worked up over nothing. So much negativity in one thread, and nobody had any facts about the situation. I've never even heard of your board till today. When I start hearing of your board doing events to raise money and not just bag on the other forum then I'll recant my comments and join you're events. Sent: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 pm View message

icon_post_quote.gif spacer.gif <a class="username-coloured" href="http://meanandgreen....ewprofile&u=66" style="color: #FFFFFF;">GreenFrys

Message subject: Re: Unbelievable

Folder: Inbox

Really? You come to the board to post then go back and say we suck? You're part of the problem or part of the solution. I'm not thinking you have a clue yet.

Edited by Grant.UNT
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

C'mon now . . . No need to be so negative.

Dude, they put me and the MGC on blast and had no idea of what really happened. Never mind the fact that nobody even asked me before they went off about it. then I got a private message from one of their members. Not worth my efforts

It's not my intention to be negative, but I've found Jessica difficult to reach. I wanted to join the MGC through payroll deduction and she never called me back. I finally gave up and mailed them a check.

Not surprising. Hopefully things get better around here before we run off every donor we have. As far as tickets go I'm hoping the next time we host a major program, say an LSU in basketball, that our ticket management people print enough tickets ahead of time?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Dude, they put me and the MGC on blast and had no idea of what really happened. Never mind the fact that nobody even asked me before they went off about it. then I got a private message from one of their members. Not worth my efforts

Sure, you may be getting harassing DMs out of the blue, but YOU didn't make the "blacklist", did you??? http://meanandgreen.freeforums.org/this-board-is-great-t215.html

That goes on my resume. It's the coolest thing to happen since the last time something like that happened... you know, in fifth grade.

Keep on keepin' on, Grant.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sure, you may be getting harassing DMs out of the blue, but YOU didn't make the "blacklist", did you??? http://meanandgreen....great-t215.html

That goes on my resume. It's the coolest thing to happen since the last time something like that happened... you know, in fifth grade.

You gotta admit... thats a pretty solid list of agenda pushing douche bags.

i must be the luckiest fan ever...i've NEVER had an issue getting tickets, monthly deduction, questions answered...anything!

You're Thor, of course they're going to listen to you. You could strike them down if they disobey your wishes.

• Upvote 1

Sure, you may be getting harassing DMs out of the blue, but YOU didn't make the "blacklist", did you??? http://meanandgreen....great-t215.html

I'm still...sooooo pissed at only being third on that list.

My favorite nugget of wisdom to come out of this: "Other than just for the sake of giving....there is no advantage to giving to the Mean Green Club. None whatsoever. "

• Upvote 1

My favorite nugget of wisdom to come out of this: "Other than just for the sake of giving....there is no advantage to giving to the Mean Green Club. None whatsoever. "

:lol:

I literally get no benefit for giving to the MGC since i live out of state and make a few games a year total (in all sports) if I am lucky. My first year I was bummed that I didn't get any sort of gift (because I gave at the lowest level), but that lasted about a day and a half. I still give every year, just like I am a lifetime member of the NT Alumni Association. And I didn't get anything from them either except a Texas Monthly subscription.

As far as the other board goes, I have a list of many of the members and their GMG identities but I think I'll keep that knowledge close to the vest for now. Except for the couple that I already called out on the board in the past anyway.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

i must be the luckiest fan ever...i've NEVER had an issue getting tickets, monthly deduction, questions answered...anything!

I do get prompt phone calls back.

I got the word on our MGC gift this year.

I'm kinda pumped about it.

a GMG keychain, seriously. I'm pumped and they go out with tix next week.

It could only be better if it had a bottle opener on it.

• Upvote 1

I'm shocked I made the list and my brother didn't. I'm not as bad at hi-jacking threads as he is. I do challenge people on their (sometimes) bad ideas that come across. See the Practice/Scrimmage thread as a prime example. If people don't like that; tough stuff.

It really is CS though to go start another board, then hide behind new screen names and post negative about people. Really makes me want to stay with the program when we go all high school and start talking behind people's backs. I have a pretty good idea of who is who on that board.

I got a good laugh out of JayDub not getting invited ... he posts on this site so frequently. :D

• Upvote 4

It would be great fun to "out" those negative grump buckets on the other board...but, everyone...including the AD staffers...know exactly who they are...it's funny that they continue to pat each other on the back about what great fans they are, while knocking everything about the program and its fan base every chance they get. And, let us not forget...threatening to withhold support at every opportunity. Of course, all the while claiming to be the only true and best fans of UNT and the Mean Green. With "friends" like these, does the program and UNT need any enemies?

How in the Sam Hill did I not make their list? They seem to still mention me on a pretty regular basis and always in such a kind manner...I wear that crap as a badge of honor as I am sure all the "listed" folks do.

Grant, fear not...you have plenty of company...your support of the program and UNT is known and should serve as a guideline for other young grads. I, for one, appreciate your enthusiasm and your support for the Mean Green. UNT could use a lot more young grads exactly like you! Thanks. And..........

Welcome to the club... :goodjob:

• Upvote 3

We talkin bout message boards?!?!?!?

On a message board?

• Upvote 1

Also from that thread, "Many of us chose different board names over here. Too many in the Ath. Dept. knew what our gmg.com board names were."

Maybe it's time for a little self-introspection when you've got to continuously switch user names on an internet message board so that nobody knows who you are?? Wow.

• Upvote 6

Also from that thread, "Many of us chose different board names over here. Too many in the Ath. Dept. knew what our gmg.com board names were."

Maybe it's time for a little self-introspection when you've got to continuously switch user names on an internet message board so that nobody knows who you are?? Wow.

The funny part is...the staffers know who they are anyway. The thing that is funny to me is that they actually thought they COULD hide behind a different Avatar. That should tell you something right there...just sayin.......

• Upvote 1

This all really boils down to posting a message on a message board and that message being posted on another message board, then a member of that message board taking offense to the message and posting a message back to the original messenger.

So glad I decided to adopt UNT because this is very entertaining.

• Upvote 2

This all really boils down to posting a message on a message board and that message being posted on another message board, then a member of that message board taking offense to the message and posting a message back to the original messenger.

So glad I decided to adopt UNT because this is very entertaining.

It's and enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a conundrum wrapped in bacon.

• Upvote 2

It's very high school not entertaining. It's more annoying than anything. Some of the same people that bitch about wanting a top tier program are the ones that treat it like a high school program. If you want to be respected as a "grown-up" program then act like it. Starting another board just so you can complain about the other is like breaking away from the church to start your own sect that despises the main body. It doesn't do anyone any good. They end up weakening each other, and hurting the "club"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1