From the Twitterverse

GreenBat

Skiver, you can setup the board so that signatures are not loaded onto your screen. I think it trims things down nicely and makes it easier to read.

Skiver, you can setup the board so that signatures are not loaded onto your screen. I think it trims things down nicely and makes it easier to read.

Now that I did not know... Thanks

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I like your comment but please remove your quote by kenieth Lyons. I do not want him anywhere near any basketball court on unt campus.

Skiver, truly just asking...no judgement...can you elaborate a bit on your reference to Kenneth Lyons? Why would you not want him anywhere near any basketball court on the UNT campus? I am at a real loss to even guess what you mean.

• Upvote 1

I have no respect for a man who lives in the past. I could care less if he dunked on Malone or outscored him. He runs his mouth too much in the rec and is a huge bully among other things. He runs his mouth and when I hooped with Collin and few other people from the team in the rec he was an A$$ always bragging. I played with a tall white guy who I honestly do not know but he elbowed him in his mouth hard and knocked his tooth out and then told him to get up honky you aint tough and went back up the court. There is a reason he has been banned from the UNT rec on at least 6 occasions. He was over aggressive and only bragged about his past. Now no I do not expect him to have held his own against 22 year olds in the rec but to take it to that extreme is childish. I could go on but again there is a reason he was banned from the REC.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

lol why would I get a minus one for telling the truth? Well as Jack Nicholson said "Truth!?.... You Cannot Handle the Truth!" On the side note I Love me some booger Kennedy and UNT has had great success in basketball who are stand up men! Jacob Holmen being one of them :)

Edited by Skiver
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

lol why would I get a minus one for telling the truth? Well as Tom Cruise said "Truth!?.... You Cannot Handle the Truth!" On the side note I Love me some booger Kennedy and UNT has had great success in basketball who are stand up men! Jacob Holmen being one of them :)

I believe Jack Nicholson said that...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ya, but he fed Ray, so I think it's a push on that one.

One time, he was playing fetch with Ray in the rec and I saw him pull Ray's tail and elbow him in the snout so hard it made him fall down. Then Kenny said, "Get up puppy. You aint tough." Shortly after that, Ray went into a downward spiral of depression and tried to soothe the pain with drugs and booze. Then, one Saturday, he went missing...

• Upvote 4

I have no respect for a man who lives in the past. I could care less if he dunked on Malone or outscored him. He runs his mouth too much in the rec and is a huge bully among other things. He runs his mouth and when I hooped with Collin and few other people from the team in the rec he was an A$$ always bragging. I played with a tall white guy who I honestly do not know but he elbowed him in his mouth hard and knocked his tooth out and then told him to get up honky you aint tough and went back up the court. There is a reason he has been banned from the UNT rec on at least 6 occasions. He was over aggressive and only bragged about his past. Now no I do not expect him to have held his own against 22 year olds in the rec but to take it to that extreme is childish. I could go on but again there is a reason he was banned from the REC.

You don't think Michael Jordon would talk smack in a pickup game with 20 year olds?
  • Upvote 3

You don't think Michael Jordon would talk smack in a pickup game with 20 year olds?

No I do not think Michael Jordan would swing elbows and hit people in the face and laugh it off up the court. Talk smack? Sure..

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Let me know when MJ comes to Denton to play pick up basketball in the nUNT rec center with some 20 year olds...that I want to see.

Skiver...appreciate your being such a good sport and posting as to why you made the comment you did.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Let me know when MJ comes to Denton to play pick up basketball in the nUNT rec center with some 20 year olds...that I want to see.

Skiver...appreciate your being such a good sport and posting as to why you made the comment you did.

Thanks... I just stand my ground and on this issue I will not budge. I am a huge UNT supporter and well studied in the game of basketball. I am ready for this season, but also hoping to hear some good news on the recruit front for next season!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I am sorry I posted what I thought was an outstanding comment from one of our better players. This thread turned into bashing one of the best basketball players and biggest supporters that NT has ever seen.

Skiver, I understand that Ken as probably whipped your ass on the court a few times, and you might not appreciate how a "Man" plays the game. But either take your ass whipping like a Man or STFU and don't let the rest of the world know what a whiny little bitch you are.

Really?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I am sorry I posted what I thought was an outstanding comment from one of our better players. This thread turned into bashing one of the best basketball players and biggest supporters that NT has ever seen.

Skiver, I understand that Ken as probably whipped your ass on the court a few times, and you might not appreciate how a "Man" plays the game. But either take your ass whipping like a Man or STFU and don't let the rest of the world know what a whiny little bitch you are.

Harsh Cheddar dude....

• Upvote 1

The dog days of summer... We have a thread thats goes from good pub by Fox News to child abuse and then a tweet from a current player who says our team is going to kick a** this year to this...

The football season needs to get here fast so we can all refocus on complaining about attendance, our quality of opponents, RV and the entire athletic staff, why we hired Coach Mac and i'm sure the width and length of the new pedestrian bridge.

• Upvote 1

haha I did not see that comment earlier. It is fine... but no I just shot from the outside or caught him off the break. He has bad knees but sure he can clog the lane in a rec game. Go as Tate if he is still around manage the rec how many times they had to ban his membership. You will see! And no before I had a life and a kid I lived in the rec and would play about 6 hours a day. I was lucky enough to actually get selected by good teammates who knew my shot and me better. But now a days a get a few miles away from the house and I am near empty. haha so goes the life of being married with children.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I just don't thing Green Bat was justified.

I think GreenBat was plenty justified. It sounds like to me Skiver got his ass handed to him by a 50 something year old on the court, pussed out when it happened, then decided to come here and throw a jab at him the only way he could, anonymously on a computer. What a joke.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

Why would you defend someone you have never played against? Just ask anyone who has played in the rec over the past 6 years. There have been plenty of class acts at unt. Why do you defend one who you have not played with. So is life, no one is perfect.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Look...I think it's well established that I think Skiver's slim grasp of basketball may only be surpassed by his slim grasp on the English language...so when I say this it should have some merit.

Skiver is right. Lyons is routinely a dick when he played ball in the REC...and I'm not talking about A-level competition REC games, which, at least when I was in school, were filled with D-1 level players. If he want's to be an arrogant and at times dirty player against top competition I'd have no problem with him. Problem is, the only times I played with Lyons were in the off-hours...Sunday afternoon, late nights, etc...games typically filled with 2 or 3 good players, 2 or 3 athletes with little basketball skill and 2 or 3 TAMS kids...basically about 1 step above what I imagine the GMG Basketball game is...and this is when he chose to relive his glory years.

• Upvote 4