Zac Orr & The Redskins Helmet-Really?

DeepGreen

Well, I think it's pretty bad when a player on scholarship can't wear something that honors his choice of Universities....at the same time that he is honoring his father. The last time I checked, you can do two things at once with an ad. And that big bare chest of a North Texas player on scholarship, in a North Texas publication, really screams "LOST OPPORTUNITY TO PROMOTE OUR SCHOOL".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc

^goes for this entire thread. Some people on here really have no sense. :bangin:

• Upvote 2

The apathy won't be dictated by a NT player holding a Redskins helmet honoring his father. Look at our athletics history and it's consistent underachieving results on top of that decades of administration not caring about athletics and school related connection and pride and you'll clearly be able to locate where our apathy stems from.

I don't in any way blame Mr. Orr for the ad. It's not up to him to set it up. It's not up to him to say "Ok, we're almost ready to take the photo....except that, instead of that plain white sleeveless shirt, we need you to wear something with the North Texas logo on it".

THAT oversight is a symptom of our long tradition of apathy and/or indifference in promoting our athletic program.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You know what really pisses in my Cherrios? When I am sitting at Apogee watching a Mean Green football game and they show that old commercial where that goofy kid exchanges a coca-cola for a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey from that mean looking guy.

How does that relate to NT?

And we have a winner ...

You know what really pisses in my Cherrios? When I am sitting at Apogee watching a Mean Green football game and they show that old commercial where that goofy kid exchanges a coca-cola for a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey from that mean looking guy.

Shut it down. Let's go home.

• Upvote 2

Because our sports teams are named after that guy?

• Upvote 4

I agree. That kid wasn't wearing a North Texas shirt. Yet another missed opportunity to reach our apathetic fanbase.