Zac Orr & The Redskins Helmet-Really?

DeepGreen

I admit the picture is kinda weird and confusing when you first see it but if you read it thoroughly it makes sense. I don't have a problem with this at all. And I highly doubt someone will be inclined attending our football games regardless of what helmet he is or isn't holding. Look at the audience of the magazine...the ones that subscribe to it and read it probably have a connection to UNT anyways and are fully aware they can and are encouraged to attend not just our football games but all of our athletics games.

While this guy is a douche and I hate him I'll just say something Donald Trump once said. "Small Potatoes".

• Upvote 1

The real travesty?

That this thread made it three pages.

If we had a "Summertime Blues" forum, these kinds of threads could be moved there. Uh, should I have said "Summertime Greens"?

There is one thing to remember about looking at a photograph: if you can't figure it out, quit trying to. Some art forms, "Modern", "Minimal", or whatever, require analysis; others like "Photography" or "Music", you either like them or you don't. If you don't, turn your attention elsewhere

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

If we had a "Summertime Blues" forum, these kinds of threads could be moved there. Uh, should I have said "Summertime Greens"?

There is one thing to remember about looking at a photograph: if you can't figure it out, quit trying to. Some art forms, "Modern", "Minimal", or whatever, require analysis; others like "Photography" or "Music", you either like them or you don't. If you don't, turn your attention elsewhere

Heat and bitchin'

A Texas summer tradition.

• Upvote 3

How about selling recruits?

Any link we can get to the NFL is good for UNT football right now.

That's correct. So, why not help promote an upcoming season we all know is already going to be a tough sell in the first place because of 8 losing seasons, fan apathy and a weak home schedule and all, and help instill some pride in the alumni who are reading this issue by featuring the 5 alumni who are CURRENTLY IN the NFL?

By the way, Coach Mac railed at the Caravan I attended over the fact that we somehow couldn't get the correct helmet when Dunbar recieved recognition on ESPN after the MUTS game last season. He sounded like it really pissed him off, and it should have. So I had expected that whenever that chance came up again our AD Dept would make sure that gets corrected. Yet for how ever many months now, the weekly "Sports Day On Air" show on Fox, which has all the regional college helmets displayed on their set, has had the Todd Dodge era helmet on their set. The week before last George Dunham was a guest on the show so I was holding out hope that maybe word would get over to the sweat shop on Bonnie Brea that it's happening again, but only locally this time. But when I checked in to watch last week there it was again, a nearly two year out of date helmet.

But hey, it's just a silly helmet, which is secondary to the bigger overall picture and why Deep pointed out the Orr article in the first place. If anything it assures me that, like so many other issues that continue to pop up time after time, year after year, that there will be plenty of good seats available this fall for walk up customers to purchase to cheer on the Mean Green.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

That's correct. So, why not help promote an upcoming season we all know is already going to be a tough sell in the first place because of 8 losing seasons, fan apathy and a weak home schedule and all, and help instill some pride in the alumni who are reading this issue by featuring the 5 alumni who are CURRENTLY IN the NFL?

By the way, Coach Mac railed at the Caravan I attended over the fact that we somehow couldn't get the correct helmet when Dunbar recieved recognition on ESPN after the MUTS game last season. He sounded like it really pissed him off, and it should have. So I had expected that whenever that chance came up again our AD Dept would make sure that gets corrected. Yet for how ever many months now, the weekly "Sports Day On Air" show on Fox, which has all the regional college helmets displayed on their set, has had the Todd Dodge era helmet on their set. The week before last George Dunham was a guest on the show so I was holding out hope that maybe word would get over to the sweat shop on Bonnie Brea that it's happening again, but only locally this time. But when I checked in to watch last week there it was again, a nearly two year out of date helmet.

But hey, it's just a silly helmet, which is secondary to the bigger overall picture and why Deep pointed out the Orr article in the first place. If anything it assures me that, like so many other issues that continue to pop up time after time, year after year, that there will be plenty of good seats available this fall for walk up customers to purchase to cheer on the Mean Green.

Rick

And a good number of those seats will be right between you and I. (You know, in the "Mean Green Club donation only" section)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Can we lock this thread down now? Everyone's chimed in; no one can do anything about it. I don't know what else can be said and all that is left to do is have an internet argument.

Hell, we would be locking down every thread if we followed your suggestion.

• Upvote 1

Just looking at the picture I assumed that one of our guys had made it to the NFL with the Redskins. After I skimmed the advertisement, I thought, wow a UNT player who gets to play for the NFL where his Dad played. The one nagging thought I had was that I'd somehow missed a guy getting drafted. So I read the advertisement again, and figured it out. It's a really cool picture, and it's a great NFL tie-in, but aren't advertisements supposed to be easy to understand? Then again, I was a history major.

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a big problem with this. His dad played for the Redskins.

File this under "off-season complaints."

Indeed...is it not his father's helmet? This really gets to the point of being inane....the Dept. puts a nice ad in the North Texan and people complain.... they don't put an ad in and people complain. Some folks just really do need to "get a life" and and instead of looking for "what's wrong" with UNT and the Mean Green all the time, find what's right with the situation. This is really a pretty nice layout in my opinion. Zac is obviously proud of his Dad and his play with the Redskins of the NFL. I would be too if my Dad had played in the NFL, and I'd be excited that I got the opportunity to point that out...along with being proud to me a member of the Mean Green...which the ad also conveys. It is, however, the off-season, so the troops are a tad restless...football season cannot get here fast enough.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3

The most ridiculous topic & thread of this long, long off-season. Why don't ya just call Orr up and tell him you don't appreciate him honoring his dad in a UNT ad in an alumni magazine. Football can't get here fast enough !

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

Now for something entirely different, I wonder if rv is on campus now handing out redskins caps to all those wearing cowboys caps?

Time will tell!

GMG

Have no idea on that, but over the last 24 hours I have become a Redskin fan.

Redskin & Proud of It! :rolleyes1:

GMG! :thumbsu:

PS: Ol' ugly is better than ol' nothing. (Darrell K. Royal)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

The most ridiculous topic & thread of this long, long off-season. Football can't get here fast enough !

People keep saying that, but my observation is that the inane threads are just as numerous (if not more-so) during the season. It's just that the season distracts us from them....or allows us the luxury of ignoring them.

However, since he is a current player, it would have been a better photo if the sleeveless shirt he was wearing had had at least a SOW on the front. Surely the athletic department could have provided him with one.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1