Uniform Talk

untbone05

The football forum has been a little slow lately and I know I've missed some of the ranting of the good old days...

So here are the first mock-ups of the new Green Brigade Uniforms that are going to come out next year that I saw on the GB Facebook page(not finished products... just different concepts in developement) Your welcome.

North Texas Breast Plate w/ Black Pants:

gallery_35451_78_53637.jpg

North Texas Breast Plate w/ Green Pants:

gallery_35451_78_37647.jpg

Son of Worm Breast Plate w/ Black Pants:

gallery_35451_78_56159.jpg

Son of Worm Breast Plate w/ Green Pants:

gallery_35451_78_51070.jpg

Back with Black Pants:

gallery_35451_78_14924.jpg

Back with Green Pants:

gallery_35451_78_4766.jpg

Edited by untbone05
  • Upvote 5

If these are the only choices, then SOW with black pants. Anything but that Enron design that they currently have.

I find it interesting that no one has mentioned that on the coat, one sleeve is black and the other sleeve is green. I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

Of course, if I was the decision maker I'd go retro and go with our Ohio State-style unis of the 60's.....complete with small capes and spats.

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61034/m1/143/?q=Marching%20band

All of them look great but I'm partial to #1. I don't see how anyone would understand the "feathers" on the SOW uniform. Looks unbalanced with the rest of the uniform. If our green pants are the same color as the top then I'd prefer black. My last criticism is the feather extending upwards from the cap is overkill. Shorter, please.

Now, something I've wondered about for a long time. Why do we still call ourselves the "Green Brigade"? We haven't done military-style marching in years. Can't we come up with something catchier than Green Brigade?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Blasphemy! I couldn't imagine anything other than the Green Brigade.

I vote for SOW black pant - very sharp. However, a black based uniform means they will debut on Tuesday 10.16 right? Get a good deal for 3 wears.

GMG

• Upvote 1

This is a huge decision. I understand the uniforms are about 500 each so we are speaking about a great deal of money here.

A few things... first. like Sliver Eagle, I would like a return to the old days but that is not going to happen.

Our colors are green and white but black is used because white fades easily and begins to look dingy after a few years as anyone from the 70's can readily attest. I don't know about you, but my white leisure suit just doesn't attract the girls like it did in 1973. Besides, who has time to go to the disco anymore?

With a life-span of ten years plus, I would be careful about incorporating anything specific to our current branding as it will surely change. SOW, the distinctive font, the shade of green, etc. Given our track record for changing these things, I would bet that none of that will be in use in 2022. Does anyone remember the Winslow era uniforms? They were ordered while Fry was coach and used that distinctive apple green and the worm. Fry left and the school was on to another shade of green. I must say, they looked pretty silly.

It seems that only at North Texas do we have these problems.

About the moniker Green Brigade, it works as well as any. North Texas has never marched in a military style by the way. Also, the new trend is for marching bands in Texas to start calling themselves "Outdoor Performing Ensembles" Good grief.

• Upvote 1