2012 Schedule Outcome Predictions

Sept. 1 -- at LSU (Loss)

Sept. 8 -- Texas Southern (Win)

Sept. 15 -- at Kansas State (Loss)

Sept. 22 -- Troy* (Win)

Sept. 29 -- at Florida Atlantic* (Win)

Oct. 6 -- at Houston Win (only with everyone healthy)

Oct. 16 -- Louisiana-Lafayette* (Loss)

Oct. 27 -- at Middle Tennessee* (Win)

Nov. 3 -- Arkansas State* (Homecoming) (Loss)

Nov. 10 -- South Alabama* (Win)

Nov. 17 -- at Louisiana-Monroe* (Win)

Nov. 24 -- at Western Kentucky* (Loss)

Going with 7-5 and that puts us at 6 FBS wins and hence bowl eligible. Say we do lose Houston... we could still beat either WKU or maybe even Ark St. to offset the FBS loss.

This post has been promoted to an article

I am right with you, but I honestly think we will split with LaLa and Arky State. Arky whipped us last year, but for most of the game we were right with LaLa. Im really hoping for 8-4 or 7-5. I wanna go to a dang bowl game!!! Luckily the WKU game is the day after my bday so Im thinkin a trip is def necessary.!

Outside of LSU & KSU, none of the games worry me too much. Why all the happiness over not playing FIU? With the losses of Carroll and Hilton, they could experience a drop off in production.

Edited by UNTLifer

Outside of LSU & KSU, none of the games worry me too much. Why all the happiness over not playing FIU? With the losses of Vareollr and Hilton, they could experience a drop off in production.

Because they have been recruiting fantastically for 4 years now and are deep. I think they underachieved last season. After watching the FIU and Ark St games last year I knew we had a ways to go.

No one would have predicted we'd win 5 games last year (outside this board). So who knows how good any of these teams are. Or how good we will be.

What I do know is that I'll be in Houston for the UH game, Baton Rouge for the LSU game, and Denton for homecoming as well as the Tuesday night game v ULL. Sounds like a blast to me!

• Upvote 3

Sept. 1 -- at LSU (Loss)

Sept. 22 -- Troy* (Win)

Oct. 6 -- at Houston (Win)

Oct. 16 -- Louisiana-Lafayette* (Win)

Game 13 -- TBA (Win)

9-4 Record

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Sept. 1 -- at LSU (Loss)

Sept. 22 -- Troy* (Win)

Game 13 -- TBA (Win)

9-4 Record

Hope you are right...and if so.... that will silence any and all naysayers and possibly even result in the shutting down of certain internet forums.

I can say I am comfortable with a 6 win prediction, and 7 would be my stretch number. We will have to win at least 7 this season to get to a bowl game...

Possible Losses: LSU, KSU, Houston, Laf, ArkSt, WKU

I think Sunbelt games are a crap shoot every year, nothing in this league is guaranteed. It wouldn't shock me at all to win 1-2 between Laf, ArkSt, WKU. With that said, in the Belt some suck team every year comes out and plays really well and surprises everyone.

We'll see...here is to a Bowl Birth

• Upvote 2

I'd like to see us go 5-0 at home. Arky St has the best talent in the conference, especially in their defensive front 7. Here's hoping Malzahn will pull a Dodge and screw their defense up enough to give us a chance.

We could turn around and go 0-7 on the road, though. The only game that looks like a possible sure thing is MTSU. The rest will be tough.

So, I'll say 6-6 this year. Next year will be our breakout year.

I'd like to see us go 5-0 at home. Arky St has the best talent in the conference, especially in their defensive front 7. Here's hoping Malzahn will pull a Dodge and screw their defense up enough to give us a chance.

We could turn around and go 0-7 on the road, though. The only game that looks like a possible sure thing is MTSU. The rest will be tough.

So, I'll say 6-6 this year. Next year will be our breakout year.

You mean when we play the likes of Rice and Tulane?

Sept. 1 -- at LSU (Loss)

Sept. 22 -- Troy* (Win)

Oct. 6 -- at Houston (Loss)

7-5

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sept. 1 -- at LSU (Loss)

Sept. 22 -- Troy* (Win)

Sept. 29 -- at Florida Atlantic* (Loss)

Nov. 24 -- at Western Kentucky* (Win)

7-5

Sept. 1 -- at LSU (Loss)

Sept. 8 -- Texas Southern (Better be a blowout win)

Sept. 22 -- Troy* (Win)

Oct. 6 -- at Houston Win (If conditioning has improved enough and our starters are at 100%, this is a win, though it'll be close.)

Oct. 16 -- Louisiana-Lafayette* (Win. Maybe.)

Nov. 3 -- Arkansas State* (Homecoming) (Win, but with the same conditions as Houston)

Nov. 24 -- at Western Kentucky* (Win, but same conditions as Houston, which is doubtful at the end of the season.)

If the ball bounces in our favor every time and our team is at 100% every game with no injuries, I say 10-2.

Being more realistic, I'm expecting 7-5.

I don't think Coach McCarney will allow anything less than 6-6.

Honestly,

There's no way to predict this early without knowing if anyone will step up to fill the ENORMOUS void Lance Dunbar leaves. If the passing game does not step up significantly and Byrd/Jimmerson/Whitfield/Wilhite can't step up either, then we're in for a long, painful year... like 4 wins bad.

If all goes well, then I don't think 8-4 is out of the question.

• Upvote 1

Sept. 1 -- at LSU (Loss)

Sept. 22 -- Troy* (Win)

Oct. 6 -- at Houston (Loss)

This schedule sets up really well for us! We get the tougher teams at home and the easier teams on the road, besides WKU. Although with WKU losing Rainey I think that is a very winnable game. I think if we catch a few breaks we can pull get a W in Houston. Of course this all hinges on DT staying healthy.

Honestly,

There's no way to predict this early without knowing if anyone will step up to fill the ENORMOUS void Lance Dunbar leaves. If the passing game does not step up significantly and Byrd/Jimmerson/Whitfield/Wilhite can't step up either, then we're in for a long, painful year... like 4 wins bad.

If all goes well, then I don't think 8-4 is out of the question.

I have to disagree with you. Losing Lance means that any opponent we square up on has ZERO idea what we have in the arsenal. Stacking the box against Lance, among other things, lead to a serious and drastic step back in his performance. He did have a fantastic day against MTU that really helped pad his numbers with a solid breakout game... but otherwise... he was typically held to being ineffective. He will be a very tough player to replace but just remember Jamario's freshman year he rushed over 1,800 yards. It can happen.

I have to disagree with you. Losing Lance means that any opponent we square up on has ZERO idea what we have in the arsenal. Stacking the box against Lance, among other things, lead to a serious and drastic step back in his performance. He did have a fantastic day against MTU that really helped pad his numbers with a solid breakout game... but otherwise... he was typically held to being ineffective. He will be a very tough player to replace but just remember Jamario's freshman year he rushed over 1,800 yards. It can happen.

So if the passing game does not improve, then opposing defenses will continue to crowd the box against Byrd/Jimmerson/Whitfield/Wilhite. So the problem persists, only I don't think any of these guys are as good as a Senior Dunbar.

• Upvote 1

Because they have been recruiting fantastically for 4 years now and are deep. I think they underachieved last season. After watching the FIU and Ark St games last year I knew we had a ways to go.

Yes, and the team of seniors from FIU and U-LaLa that beat of last year were primarily 2-star recruits coming in, proving how ridiculous some of these ratings can be. With all due respect to both teams, we should not be afraid to play anyone in this conference.

Sept. 1 -- at LSU (Loss)

Sept. 22 -- Troy* (Win)

Nov. 3 -- Arkansas State* (Homecoming) (Win)

8-4. Delusional? Possibly.

Sept. 1 -- at LSU (Loss)

Sept. 22 -- Troy* (Win)

Oct. 6 -- at Houston (loss)

Oct. 16 -- Louisiana-Lafayette* (win)

Nov. 3 -- Arkansas State* (Homecoming) (loss)

Nov. 24 -- at Western Kentucky* (win)

It is not dilusional to think we can go 8-4 and maybe 9-4. Houston isa a toss up because of the drop off with out case. We are going BOWLING!!!!!