So Florida State contacted us about a game ?

NT03

FBSchedules.com@FBSchedules

FSU has contacted Boise State, Arkansas, Wyoming, North Texas, Louisiana-Lafayette, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and others. No takers yet.

I guess that means our 2012 is still not set

If I'm RV I don't listen unless they are open to a return game

They played us at Fouts in 1976

Did not remember the exact year.....but that was the "snow game" and Bobby Bowden was FSU Head Coach!

It was, without a doubt, one of the most memorable games in the life of this ole life-long Texan.

The very act of driving from Tyler to Denton in what, to us, was a blizzard - and to sit in Fouts Field in a real snow game......well, that happens very seldom in a Mean Green lifetime.

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong Houston was nice but I am excited to see what Apogee looks like when we get a big program in here for a home and home.

Doubtful. FSU does home and homes with schools like Oklahoma, they're far too noble for us. If we want to improve our standing we need to get home and homes with Kansas, NC State, Cincinnati, Colorado, ect.

• Upvote 1

Doubtful. FSU does home and homes with schools like Oklahoma, they're far too noble for us. If we want to improve our standing we need to get home and homes with Kansas, NC State, Cincinnati, Colorado, ect.

I agree--if schools like FSU play road games against non-AQs, its usually because it is against a team in their region (see LSU at Tulane or A&M at SMU) or because the AQ team is desperate for a game for whatever reason (Texas at Wyoming a few years ago).

Our goal for a home game against an AQ team should be some of those schools you listed. Indiana was perfect. Look, Colorado needs to get back into Texas for recruiting now that they don't play anyone here. Same will go for Mizzou. Those games would be good for us. Heck, get good and you can get Nebraska to come back this way for a game--they'll need Texas exposure, too. But the key is to get good again. Otherwise, you get two non-return games against Iowa on your future schedule, as the bigger AQ school doesn't have any interest in visiting your school if you aren't any good. It just doesn't help them much at all to give up the $$$ generated from a home game, even if it could help them with recruiting.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hearing our 2012 FB schedule is set in stone... not the best ever but we are paying for the sins of getting Dodge one of the cushiest schedules ever and getting Houston here for the Apogee opener in 2012.

5 homes games is not ideal but we will have a fun and makeable roadie at Houston. 2013 gets a lot better with the 4-year SMU series starting up.

I'm hearing our 2012 FB schedule is set in stone... not the best ever but we are paying for the sins of getting Dodge one of the cushiest schedules ever and getting Houston here for the Apogee opener in 2012.

5 homes games is not ideal but we will have a fun and makeable roadie at Houston. 2013 gets a lot better with the 4-year SMU series starting up.

besides 8 conference games, are we still at LSU,K.State,Houston,and home against Texas Southern?

We then need to make the game at UH into a virtual 6th home game. The Alumni Association and Mean Green Club should work together on this. Those of us in Houston should be able to help - I'll have to get in contact with Derrick and Rob.

• Upvote 2

besides 8 conference games, are we still at LSU,K.State,Houston,and home against Texas Southern?

Yes we miss out on FIU this year which is good news and we add South Alabama. We open on road at LSU, get TSU at home and have roadies at K-State and Houston. Assuming we go 1-3 in non conference that means we need 5 out of 8 in conference games to get bowl eligible. Not an easy task but not impossible either.