Example of Daily Workout Report for Winter Workouts

All About UNT

Fun info for the fans, and lot of pressure on the players. Just remember that some players are work out warriors that can't carry it to the field, while others shine at game time if they can get on the field despite poor practice performance. Coaches hate the later but they are far from uncommon.

I do like the competitiveness of the out of season workouts. Other teams have been doing this for ages but no idea about NT prior workouts.

• Upvote 1

The ones posted in this thread are mostly one day results, so keep that in mind. Check out the FB Site to get a real understanding how each player is doing over the long haul.

Agreed....don't let one day determine your opinion on a player. Feldt had a bad day too but the other reports show him moving along nicely.

Here is today's status of the series.

421935_349329508420534_306949465991872_1208872_720403764_n.jpg

You might notice the name Buyers on the list and consistently towards the top. That would be newcomer Kenny Buyers from L.D. Bell. Here is his Rivals

He signed for the Air Force Academy last year but looks to have transferred here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGAQfothO5E

Also another name on there is Renger as in Brett Renger of Southlake Carroll

Max Preps 2009-2010

as a senior in 2009-2010 he had 547 Receiving yards and 4 TDs

324884730_e6QPX-L-2.jpg

324884492_5RGWX-L-2.jpg

NS_21SOUTHLAKEALLEN21_5020458.JPG

Some comments about his play ability "Don't worry if you didn't catch Brett Renger's locomotive, never-going-down catch and run, you'll be seeing it on Dragon highlites reels 10 years from now...a classic"

"Below is a link to a kid who in my opinion is a small DI or DIAA prospect...he is very tough and can run, very good field awareness and can flat out catch the football...."

"We are really missing Brett Renger. He was a go to slot guy like Cantu and Jacobsen. It was nice having him on one side and Landers at the other slot. Pick your poison."

"we coached against this kid this year and I thought he was a player, and is currently training with me in my "startup" recruiting/training combine that i recently started....If you are a college coach please feel free to PM on here and I will give you my email address as well as his contact info...I really think he has the makings of a solid slot reciever...and I can confirm his numbers he is a diamond in the rough!!!!"

He was 2nd Team Offense in District 6-5A in 2009

Bench: 355

Squat: 480

Clean: 285

Vertical: 33

Forty: 4.5

Incline: 270

Southlake Carroll High School (TX)

GPA: 3.44

Class Rank: 480

Class Size: 740

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Weight: 200 lbs.

It's hard to take a lot from this workout data. I'm sure there's a lot we don't know such as whether the player is working through an injury and how serious the injury was. Even no-shows could be due to a class, test or project and may not be the norm for that person. It's better to pass a test than to miss one workout but of course the player should ask for permission to be excused. Also, some don't need stiff workouts if they're just maintaining fitness.

Overall it seems to be a good indicator though of those really buying into Coach Wentrich's program. I think that he'll be a difference-maker and that these stronger, faster players will have fewer injuries.

Edited by GrayEagle

This just in from Coach Wintrich

"A blitz is a 15-20 minute extra training session that is done voluntarily. Guys have the option of using this time to bring up "improvement areas" or things they struggle with. Typically we use this time to help our players with their flexibility and strengthening areas they have injured in the past. We also use Blitzes to work on lifting technique. Players receive .5 points in our competition for a blitz. Guys also can use this time to do some things they enjoy, like biceps, abs, etc. "Treat" is short for "Treatment" and represents a player taking time to get a treatment in the training room under the supervision of one of our ATC's. Treatment is worth .25 points in our competition. Buyers and Renger are both currently with the program, on the roster and are walk-on. Renger was with us in the Fall, Buyers just transferred in this semester."