It's official

emmitt01

It's not cut and dry, since I think we've had some guys really improve with more playing time that probably wouldn't have. Nonetheless, it's a big "what if", no question.

i disagree...it is cut and dry...just because others have stepped up in the absences of these two, they were head and shoulders above anyone that has stepped up...those two screwed this team for this year...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Alzee scored 28 points tonight. I don't know if Jones or Williams would have made a difference.

That second foul on Mitchell, aka the phantom foul, that made him sit out for most of the first half was probably the key to tonight's loss. I think we win if Mitchell stays out of foul trouble early on.

• Upvote 4

Yes. We hung in there with absolutely miserable shooting, playing with our 8,9 and 10 guys on the floor much of the night.

This has probably been discussed in another thread, but what happened to Roger in the second half?

GMG

I think 1 for 7 shooting happened. He couldn't buy a basket tonight and JJ wasn't going to wait him out.

• Upvote 1

Niko had a nice game for sure but gol darnit Tony has to keep himself from getting cheap fouls...had he stayed in for more of the first half we might have kept it close than 10.

We were ice cold for stretches...seems like for 9-10 minutes in the first half we didn't score a point..not that bad a game against the leagues best team given how poorly we were shooting at times though.

Let's give MUTS their credit due though -- that's a nice looking team and they will be tough to beat.

If you wanna get ticky tacky we could figure out a way to blame the loss on everyone on the floor down the stretch...

MT Out rebounded – shot 50% from the field and held NT scoreless for 9 minutes in the first half

NT shot 40% from the field and missed several 6 footers, 2 footers and point blank put backs

MT will most likely buzz through the rest of the conference and pick up the number one seed

You guys will have to put the lipstick on this one

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

yet couldn't corral an easy bounce pass in the lane that would have tied the game late...

I agree, but I would have really liked to see him get the ball more in the first half. Dendy only had one foul at that point and was guarding Niko. Niko has plenty of faults, but he can play offense. Let him work on Dendy a bit and see if Dendy just lets him go or fouls him. Also, this was during a time we couldn't hit a jump shot for about 8-10 minutes.

i too had a really hard time looking at the end of our bench and seeing those two. especially during the rough patches of the game and knowing they could have made a difference.

Interesting that they are even on the bench but at the same time I hope it is eating them alive seeing what their lack of attention has done to their friends and teammates.

Good life lesson being taught early on at least.

Interesting that they are even on the bench but at the same time I hope it is eating them alive seeing what their lack of attention has done to their friends and teammates.

Good life lesson being taught early on at least.

I question if it really matters to those two players. Wouldn't be surprised if you see them at some JUCO next season.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

i too had a really hard time looking at the end of our bench and seeing those two. especially during the rough patches of the game and knowing they could have made a difference.

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't even know they could still be with the team. I saw them in their warm ups at half time, and I was left scratching my head.