Who Is Watching Ark St.?

All About UNT

Ark St. may have beat us with a buzzer beater last night in Bball but I am surely pulling for them today and they are looking GREAT so far. Go Red Wolves and Go Sunbelt!

*I should also mention that ASU's attendance is impressive considering the distance from home (Mobile) and that only one out of 30 adults in Arkansas has a car....jk. Much better attendance than a certain school from Texas had when they played recently in a bowl game in Birmingham.

ASU gets screwed on a 4th down play where they clearly stopped the guy about a yard short.

As of now, that is the momentum changer. ASU hasn't been able to recover and has now gone from stopping NIU and getting the ball back up 13-0, to giving up 21 straight and being down 21-13.

• Upvote 1

As of now, that is the momentum changer. ASU hasn't been able to recover and has now gone from stopping NIU and getting the ball back up 13-0, to giving up 21 straight and being down 21-13.

I don't know how much momentum had to do with the two boneheaded special teams plays. If A-State doesn't muff the punt and doesn't rough the kicker, they would still be winning this game. NIU has 14 points off drives made possible by those two plays.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

It's going to be super disappointing is ASU doesn't have a bowl win to tout over us in recruiting...

Arkansas State is not one of our primary rivals in recruiting. I don't think we've offered a single one of their commits.

Our primary rivals in recruiting are members of other conferences. And do you know one of the major strikes they use against us? . . . Our conference. If our conference can improve its image with bowl wins and other OOC wins, it helps us in recruiting.

• Upvote 2

I don't know how much momentum had to do with the two boneheaded special teams plays. If A-State doesn't muff the punt and doesn't rough the kicker, they would still be winning this game. NIU has 14 points off drives made possible by those two plays.

I'm not blaming the game on the refs, as ASU had chances to recover, but that bad spot turned the game around.

As the unreviewable spot.

Absolutely botched by the ACC referee. NCAA Football Rule 12.3.3(e) listing reviewable plays

e. Ball carrier’s forward progress with respect to a first down.

The muffed punt? Previous drive Dwayne Frampton (he scored the last TD vs UNT this year) tore his MCL. He is our punt returner so they subbed in and it didn't work obviously.

While I am extremely unhappy that a crew that was "rewarded" for good performance during the regular season missed a basic rule of the game, we have no way of knowing what would have happened next. We might have fumbled or thrown a pick six after stopping them and the momentum may have swung even worse to NIU. But you do expect FBS officials, especially those who get to go to a bowl to get the rules right.

During the broadcast, when it seemed ASU would challenge, they had a referee IN THE BOOTH that said it was a challengable play. You expect this kind of crap from SBC officials who can't tell a forward pass bouncing off a helmet from a fumble, or can't count to five. You expect better from AQ Conference refs.