Texas Tech (11/16/11)

CMJ

Holmen had some nice post moves early in the game, but we are really missing the offensive operating down low of Odufuwa. I feel like Chris Jones is equivalent to Tristan Thompson running the point.

Don't get me wrong, Tristan Thompson was a very good player for us, but Chris Jones is more talented than anyone we had last year. There are gonna be nights like these with a young team, but we will be fine.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

We're going to need ALOT more out of Ked and Zo to win these kind of games. I'm not sure if either of them have it in anything more than a complimentary role.

They have to seal better...Edwards got out-muscled by a freshman wing at one point. That can't happen.

If Holmen plays, it NEEDS to be at the 4.

Jordan Williams is not college ready...at least not for extended minutes.

Franklin may not have shot well, but he ended the night with 7 boards, 4 offensive and 3 steals. He needs more minutes...though fewer shots.

Alzee needs to play. A lot more. Simple as that.

• Upvote 1

Some bad mistakes and still should have won this game with any kind of offense. Feel like NT would have easily won if Patton was available. This front court is not very good at this time. This was a game that NT should have won. Now I hope many see what I have been trying to hint at since his signing, Jones is going to be a star. He was one of the top 5 players in the state last year but never got the credit.

• Upvote 1

Your not allowed to criticize JJ over here. You know that don't you?

Rick

For Christ's sake is this really starting from you already?

I question why Holmen saw extended minutes, I question why Alzee didn't play more...but in the end JJ didn't shoot 1-16 from three...hell, this team maybe only knocked down 2 (Chris Jones's 3 and Alzee's 15 footer of the curl) jump shots.

How about you just go ahead and chime in on the women's games...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I question why Holmen saw extended minutes, I question why Alzee didn't play more...but in the end JJ didn't shoot 1-16 from three...hell, this team maybe only knocked down 2 (Chris Jones's 3 and Alzee's 15 footer of the curl) jump shots.

For Christs' sake can't you use the ignore button and let someone have their own opinion that differs from yours?

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Preparing your team to go up against a Billy G coached team by playing non scholarship patsies doesn't allow much time for your team to GEL.

Rick

You just bitch to bitch, don't you?

Opened the season last year with Henderson State...then beat Tech.

Opened the season in '07 with Cameron...then beat Oklahoma State.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

LOL. Freaking funny stuff right here^

• Upvote 2

You just bitch to bitch, don't you?

Opened the season last year with Henderson State...then beat Tech.

Opened the season in '07 with Cameron...then beat Oklahoma State.

Come on, we obviously should have opened with North Carolina to prepare for Texas Tech.

Edited by Keith7
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Another thing I liked from this game...TT had every opportunity to run away with this game, up 12 in the 2nd half but they battled back on the road to cut it to 1 and give them a chance to win it late. They don't have that "it" yet.

What they lack in chemistry at this point they make up with some scrap...

Well the Tech – UNT game is thankfully over. Quick game summary – Players at one point in second half were shooting 12% (Deer in Headlights – totally intimidated) – 1 of 16 from 3 point range - for the game shooting percentage some was in the 33% range – Chris Jones only player that showed up tonight – no one else could hit their a_ _ with a base fiddle. No one was using the bank when they were in the paint.

Only time we pressed was in last 3:00 minutes of the game – No zone defense at all – not sure we know what a 2-3 zone is – in last 19 seconds we let the clock run down 12 sec. before we called a time out – did not foul immediately.

Final summary – out coached, out played, players totally intimidated - Only one player showed up tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

All I saw tonight was a bunch of guys, Jones excluded, that really don't know their role. This will change as the season progresses. I saw guys that were hesitant and guys that forced a lot of opportunities. They are still trying to figure out where they all fit in and I think JJ is still trying to figure it out as well. We have a lot of raw talent, but it is just that: raw.