Opening Vegas Line - UNT huge underdog

MeanGreen61

In no way are we 23 point underdogs. Not with the way we played last night. Someone in Las

Vegas has been smoking something. I would agree with -10, but in no way -23.

Go Mean Green --- Go North Texas

You realize that it isn't some sort of prediction or assessment of worth by oddsmakers, right?

They set a line so that a relatively equal amount of money will be wagered on each side and they won't be exposed to losses that exceed the margins they earn from accepting the wagers.

If people think it's high, they'll bet accordingly and it will come down. And if they don't...

I don't think you will see a lot of movement iin this line, which would mean the public betting perception is that it is set at about the right spread.

While winning yesterday was nice, people need to understand that was a bad football team we beat. Tulsa won't be nearly as easy.

wow 3 TD's with a Tulsa team without their Starting QB and other studs. I would take the 23 in a heart beat.

Just need 4 Quarters from this team and they should come back home with a hard fought W

Kinne played last night. His MCL was a sprain , not a tear. I expect we will be seeing him come Saturday

With TU being a generally high scoring fast moving offense and with Kinne back in play, that's a pretty realistic number. If you give them an inch, they'll take a mile.

I live across the street from the TU stadium and actually cover some of their games (covered the all night game against OSU a week ago) I also do some freelance for the U and the AD. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the game since I have another assignment.

Just a tip, if you park in the neighborhood just east of the stadium (where I live) Be careful to look for no parking signs. There is only one side of parking. The other side of the street gets ticketed every single game. I know it's not a big deal to pay the ticket, but with narrow streets and narrow driveways, it's likely you may get hit as well!

Shane

• Upvote 1

I don't know much about all these betting odds, vegas lines etc. I do know that NT has to go up there and put a whipping on Tulsa. They have spared nothing when routing us the last few years so that is all I care about.

Been attending North Texas games since 1973 and I'm not sure I remember us ever beating Tulsa in football. They seem to always have our number. I hope this Saturday breaks that streak.

Been attending North Texas games since 1973 and I'm not sure I remember us ever beating Tulsa in football. They seem to always have our number. I hope this Saturday breaks that streak.

Plummer's memory is correct. We have not beaten Tulsa since Nov 1969, 42-16 at Fouts. Overall record is 6-16 going back to our first game against them in '57.

Here's the link.

Edited by VideoEagle

Plummer's memory is correct. We have not beaten Tulsa since Nov 1969, 42-16 at Fouts. Overall record is 6-16 going back to our first game against them in '57.

Here's the link.

The Tulsa butt-whipping we took in 2005 at Fouts (54-2) still stands out to me as the game that made us realize that we were not really making the progress that a 4-time conference champion suggested. Since then, we have been smacked by them 2 other times, as well. I still like playing them, though. Its a good OOC game for a lot of reasons (travel, regional opponent, usually good team)--of course, it will be even better when this is a conference game one day!! :lol:

Here's the link.

Thankfully, dimensia has not completely over-whelmed me yet, but I do recall watching North Texas/Tulsa in that 1969 game that was televised by ABC-TV as a regional game and even shown in our Houston TV market where I resided. I thought NT was located in Denison, Texas, at the time.:blink: Folks, the SWC was the darling of Texas back then, too, and for us to get any game on ABC TV back then had to be some kind of miracle. Like my friend Denny Kalk told me years ago & I liberally paraphrase DK from back then: "NT never had the infra-structure to keep building onto some of our better times." I agreed with Denny back then but now we can all agree that we have our infra-structure in place because of Apogee Stadium and that fabulous athletic plant of athletic venues at our Mean Green Village.

What a godsend for North Texas to have an approx. 1,000 acre former golf course to be able to build all this on, too, and between those 2 Texas interstates to boot. To quote Harry: "Good days ahead."

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Thankfully, dimensia has not completely over-whelmed me yet, but I do recall watching North Texas/Tulsa in that 1969 game that was televised by ABC-TV as a regional game and even shown in our Houston TV market where I resided. I thought NT was located in Denison, Texas, at the time.:blink: Folks, the SWC was the darling of Texas back then, too, and for us to get any game on ABC TV back then had to be some kind of miracle. Like my friend Denny Kalk told me years ago & I liberally paraphrase DK from back then: "NT never had the infra-structure to keep building onto some of our better times." I agreed with Denny back then but now we can all agree that we have our infra-structure in place because of Apogee Stadium and that fabulous athletic plant of athletic venues at our Mean Green Village.

What a godsend for North Texas to have an approx. 1,000 acre former golf course to be able to build all this on, too, and between those 2 Texas interstates to boot. To quote Harry: "Good days ahead."

GMG!

Plummer, someone at UNT has been reading your posts over the years, touting the "535,671 cars that pass the interchange at IH35E and IH35w daily". Plummer spoke and someone finally listened! :lol:

Edited by DeepGreen

GMG!

Not trying to nitpick here but the former golf course, now Eagle Point, is approximately 200+ acres Not 1,000.

Edited by adman

In no way are we 23 point underdogs. Not with the way we played last night. Someone in Las

Vegas has been smoking something. I would agree with -10, but in no way -23.

Not unless we play like we did in the fourth quarter again.

But based on the first three quarters, I think a ten-point line would be fair though. Score predictions...

UNT - 34

Tulsa - 28

Unless the fourth quarter syndrome hits us, then...

UNT - 27

Tulsa - 42