My only complaint

unt_rocket09

Loved last night, loved the tailgating and the overall atmosphere. Only thing that sucked, around 5 me and a friend were walking around and needed to use the restroom. Well the restrooms were locked so we scanned our tickets to go inside and go the bathroom. Well then we were told if we went back out we could not return! What is up with that???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was told that restrooms were open to the outside of the stadium before the game for this very purpose. The restrooms are built to open to the outside during pre-game tailgating (not sure what time they open them) and then they are locked to the outside and opened to the inside at game time or a bit before. That may be at 4:30 or 5PM. Lots of college and NFL stadiums have the no exit/return policy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No signs to let me know and nobody told me. I understand, but at least open the pavilion for us to have a brew at half

What Pavilion for a half-time brew-The Alumni pavilion? The Alumni Pavilion closes about 30 min. before game time and does not (and will not) re-open. If folks leave to go there at half-time they cannot re-enter the stadium. That wouldn't make much sense, plus, Alumni personnel want to see the game too. Plans were always set for the pavilion to close prior to game time (that is not just the Alumni's decision by the way)...and those plans have been announced and public for quite some time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Any one else have this problem? When I go to the gate to go into the game, thye informed my girlfirend and I that my tickets were reprints (whatever that means). We had to walk to Gate #2 on the other side of the stadium, but it was resolved quickly there. Besides that and catching someone trying to steal my tailgating stuff (and them breaking my new misting system) I had a blast.

I'm starting to think we don't need a fanbase. Maybe our team should play to an empty stadium on purpose. We have waaaay waaaay too many things that will "cause people not to come inside stadium at all." We get LITERALLY all day to drink, eat, and play during our tailgates. Hell, you can drink all Friday night if you want...I did. And we are, seriously, complaining that for three hours we're forced to endure the torture of college football...our Alma mater's football team by the way...without beer????!!! And here I was thinking it was the product on the field that needed fine tuning.

You put my thoughts into words. Thank you.

People post all year about how they cannot wait for the season to start. Then this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oklahoma has a no re-entry policy; and absolutely NO parking around the stadium (except some street parking and frat house revenue-generating parking). And the concessions we used took credit cards. My biggest complaint was the parking. Perhaps UNT could consider what OU does - they encourage everyone to park at Lloyd Noble (miles from the stadium) and use the OU bus system - at $1 - for a round trip to the stadium. I saw so many older fans trying to make that trek from Fouts and worried some of 'em weren't going to make it. Seems someone could make quite a bit with a golf cart and a minimal charge to get fans over there. Heard a lot of people complaining about their "climb" to the 25th row - geez, try OU where it's well over 100 stairs to the top - of every section!

Overall, it was a great experience, and UNT folks have a lot to be proud of. Even enjoyed the game itself!

• Upvote 1