Make noise on D

SHOSS

I could not agree with you more. The students were awesome today. But, it seemed like only about 1/4 of the alumni side even bothered to make some noise on the key 3rd downs.

In my 20+ years as a UNT fan, this may have been the first time I have every really witnessed us having a home field advantage due to crowd noise. Apogee could really be a weapon for us, if more people would realize that making noise can really have an impact.

As it was, the crowd noise today caused Keenam and the Houston offense problems on several occassions resulting in penalties and/or timeouts.

The lower bowl on the alumni side was loud and active. But, it seemed like the further up you got, the more reserved the fans were.

I am not really being critical of the fans. People showed up and we need everyone we can get. I just wish that more people realize that the fans can really be a home field advantage, if they would just open up their vocal chords, especially 3rd down defensive stands.

• Upvote 3

I could not agree with you more. The students were awesome today. But, it seemed like only about 1/4 of the alumni side even bothered to make some noise on the key 3rd downs.

In my 20+ years as a UNT fan, this may have been the first time I have every really witnessed us having a home field advantage due to crowd noise. Apogee could really be a weapon for us, if more people would realize that making noise can really have an impact.

As it was, the crowd noise today caused Keenam and the Houston offense problems on several occassions resulting in penalties and/or timeouts.

The lower bowl on the alumni side was loud and active. But, it seemed like the further up you got, the more reserved the fans were.

I am not really being critical of the fans. People showed up and we need everyone we can get. I just wish that more people realize that the fans can really be a home field advantage, if they would just open up their vocal chords, especially 3rd down defensive stands.

I'll be critical. The alumni side is a joke. Maybe we can spend less time tailgating all day and save ourselves for the game. I saw a ton of people from this board no less sitting most of the first half

How did section 105 win anything "crazy" from Outback

Apathetic Stadium rather than Apogee

If you can not stand for this game at least the first half then I dont know what will get you motivated

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Guys, it will take time. Making noise at Fouts did absolutely nothing, and a lot of people are still used to that atmosphere. Once people get used to the new atmosphere and the team starts making more stops and big plays, it's going to get nuts. There were a few times tonight where it was pretty damn loud.

• Upvote 1

i was in 211...and very very rowdy for the first half...i kinda hit a deyhdration wall at halftime.

We were in 211 and left early in 4th 1/4. Hated to do it, but we were parked waaaay out. The way the 3rd quarter(1st few minutes)started, it seemed to drain all hope. 20-17 to 34-17 way too fast.

• Upvote 1

Guys, it will take time. Making noise at Fouts did absolutely nothing, and a lot of people are still used to that atmosphere. Once people get used to the new atmosphere and the team starts making more stops and big plays, it's going to get nuts. There were a few times tonight where it was pretty damn loud.

Exactly. I knew what was coming in the second half, but held out hope we would stay within a TD in the final 5:00 or so, because if we did, all of us students would have been going ape s***. I think back to KSU last year, there were maybe 13,000 of us, but we were yelling all the way until the end because it was close. Looking for to Indiana, and that game being competitive. The 4th Q will be ours to dominate if we can get the student section yelling again.

GMG. Had a blast today.

I was in section 106 1st row, me and my 4 year old yelled alot. It seemed like the upoer decks were very loud on 3rd down from where I was sitting...

I hope you were able to quickly cover your 4 year old's ears when Chico came over and chewed out the offense down there. We heard it clearly in row nine. It was good to hear, but not kid friendly.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I am on the alumni side, as I am an old now...

I was a little intoxocated when I made this entry during the game(while we were on offense btw).

I wanted to say, first off, that this was 1,000,000 times better than I ever heard fouts. It was a great experience.

HOWEVER, if we want a true home field advantage, it really is simple. When the visiting team is on offensive, we yell, whistle, and make noise in general. When our offense is on on the field, we should react to positive plays, but otherwise, a low level of noise is ok.

Kickoffs, make noise. When we are receiving, a brelan chancellor chant would probably be appropriate...(my buddies all but laughed at me when I suggested this)

I just hope we have fans show up more than once to figure this out.

I found myself trying to make up for most around me not yelling... I was doing the cheerleading thing too.... I got the feeling I was annoying people... 5 people yelling at lower levels is louder than 1 guy overyelling.

Go mean green

• Upvote 2

Guys,

The alumni section is full of OLD people. Most have a limited amount of energy and need to see a close game to keep it up; we are older than students who think nothing of all night parties and such...

It was also past bedtime for most of us ancients!

:sleeping:

I am over 50 years old and was there in section 205 with someone else in her 50's and another in her 70's. Don't expect us to keep up with those in their early 20's.

We did however have the wind knocked out of us in the 3rd quarter and never got it back. Perhaps next time, we'll get it better - if the team can too, so will we.

We were rowdy in club level. Let's stop calling out each other on noise level and realize that it takes product on the field to get a crowd excited. People not yelling enough isn't the recent we lost. That's the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while. Noise doesn't make up for talent, practice, and execution. GREEN NIGHTMARE sounds a little envious of section 105. Why don't you go to Outback before the game and we will tailgate.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

No envy. I'm right next door in 104.

I'll cut all people over 50 a break. But there are a lot of people just sitting there.

I was just kind of stunned at the lack of enthusiasm

It's all good.

It is all good. You have to understand that many people are still deflated over the Dodge era. LOSING SUCKS. Enthusiasm will come when we start putting drives together and doing things a little more consistently. I'm enthusiastic and optimistic, to the point of annoying everyone around me, but I hate losing too. Tailgating is the best part of gameday cause it's all optimism and enthusiasm. When you're tailgating, your team hasn't lost. They haven't won either, but you can think like they have. You talk like they have. You celebrate like they have. I'm most excited about the chance for a post game victory tailgate.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

It was LOUD in the ENTIRE alumni section for the ENTIRE first half. I lost my voice by mid third, and I'm OLD. You can't expect folks to continually be loud when the team couldn't hold on 3rd downs and gave up several HUGE plays quick. It really took the wind out of our old sails but we'll bring it back for the next game.

I had a blast and brought 5 people with me. Can't wait to do it again. GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

No envy. I'm right next door in 104.

I'll cut all people over 50 a break. But there are a lot of people just sitting there.

I was just kind of stunned at the lack of enthusiasm.

It's all good.

The problem is that many people who are "over 50" are sitting right behind us who are wanting to stand the entire game.

We were able to get the people behind us to stand on big plays and 3rd downs. It will take time. We have to groom them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was on the 50 row 8 section 105 and was asked no less than 15 times to sit down. All requests were ignored. Some more drunkenly than others. It was pathetic after the first quarter.

this is the reason why i chose the top row of 106...stood the entire time...it's great not having to sit down or worry about trivial stuff like that at our sporting events.

Guys,

The alumni section is full of OLD people. Most have a limited amount of energy and need to see a close game to keep it up; we are older than students who think nothing of all night parties and such...

It was also past bedtime for most of us ancients!

:sleeping:

I am over 50 years old and was there in section 205 with someone else in her 50's and another in her 70's. Don't expect us to keep up with those in their early 20's.

We did however have the wind knocked out of us in the 3rd quarter and never got it back. Perhaps next time, we'll get it better - if the team can too, so will we.

Maybe except my mom is almost 70 was standing and yelling most of the game until it got out of hand. It's not an age thing at all. It's a mindset.

• Upvote 1