Eliminating The R Word

Harry

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Eliminating-the-R-Word-121736794.html

"When Spencer came to me with the story about his sister -- what a natural thing it is for a football team, to tie in with sending a positive message using the 'R-word' the right way -- respect," said Dan McCarney, University of North Texas football coach.

McCarney is one of the college football coaches taking a stand against the "R-word." He said his dream is to reach out to all of the NCAA teams.

"I recently just got Kansas State football  team on board with the 'R- word' campaign, so that was pretty awesome," he said.

i still say that when someone does something really stupid or acts in a stupid manner. oddly enough, the words moron, imbecile, and idiot are much worse as a definition than retard, yet those words don't conjure up reactions like saying retarded or retard.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i still say that when someone does something really stupid or acts in a stupid manner. oddly enough, the words moron, imbecile, and idiot are much worse as a definition than retard, yet those words don't conjure up reactions like saying retarded or retard.

That's pretty gay.

Good for coach Mac, I hope the players get on board.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Thank You Spencer and Coach Mac. As the father of a special needs daughter, I know that words can hurt. People with special needs have feeling just like everyone one else.

If you want your heart touched, spent some time with a person will special needs, You will never be the same again.

Edited by ValleyBoy
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Just wait, the language police will get around to those words soon enough.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Our generation sucks, kids are to soft these days.

You cant call it "Indian style" in school becuase its degrading to native americans

You shouldnt say "gay" because homos cry to tmz and complain(because thats all they can do)

Peta complains about killing deer, and wearing exotic skin boots, Sorry I like to wear my alligator and ostrich boots because they look good.

Cant chew tobacco without a person saying, you know thats bad for you

Cant have 3 beers and a shot without being over the .08 limit while driving

The list can go on.....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Thank You Spencer and Coach Mac. As the father of a special needs daughter, I know that words can hurt. People with special needs have feeling just like everyone one else.

If you want your heart touched, spent some time with a person will special needs, You will never be the same again.

+1 to you, as well as Spencer and Coach Mac. You're all good guys in my book.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Our generation sucks, kids are to soft these days.

You cant call it "Indian style" in school becuase its degrading to native americans

You shouldnt say "gay" because homos cry to tmz and complain(because thats all they can do)

Peta complains about killing deer, and wearing exotic skin boots, Sorry I like to wear my alligator and ostrich boots because they look good.

Cant chew tobacco without a person saying, you know thats bad for you

Cant have 3 beers and a shot without being over the .08 limit while driving

The list can go on.....

try being a teacher...it's amazing what i get in trouble for saying to the kids...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

try being a teacher...it's amazing what i get in trouble for saying to the kids...

Not a teacher for pay, but work for free with a boy scout troop. We have several rules that the boys of the troop have to follow.

They will say yes/no (sir/mama).

If they choose to ware a hat, the hat will be wore correctly. (bill to the front) none of this sideways BS.

We do not want to see there underpants. Pull your pants up. If said pants will not stay up on there own, we have rope that they can use to hold there pants up.

Very simple rules. Follow these rules and you will not have any problems. Do not follow these rules and the wrath of the scouting forefathers will fall on you like stink on dung.

Each youth and there parents are informed of these simple rules. If they do not like this rules tough. They can join another scout troop.

Respect is not one of the scout laws, but respect will be given to everyone.

• Upvote 4

Not a teacher for pay, but work for free with a boy scout troop. We have several rules that the boys of the troop have to follow.

They will say yes/no (sir/mama).

If they choose to ware a hat, the hat will be wore correctly. (bill to the front) none of this sideways BS.

We do not want to see there underpants. Pull your pants up. If said pants will not stay up on there own, we have rope that they can use to hold there pants up.

Very simple rules. Follow these rules and you will not have any problems. Do not follow these rules and the wrath of the scouting forefathers will fall on you like stink on dung.

Each youth and there parents are informed of these simple rules. If they do not like this rules tough. They can join another scout troop.

Respect is not one of the scout laws, but respect will be given to everyone.

+2 for the content of your post.

-1 for using the wrong there/they're/their four times. :rolleyes:

I can only give you +1 anyway...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1