8Th Annual Gmg.com Bowl

KRAM1

gallery_1_32_66185.jpg

Game is SET for JUNE 11th 3PM at FOUTS FIELD for the 8th annual GMG.com Bowl Flag Football Game. This could very easily be billed as the last "officially sanctioned" football game in Fouts Field...the real Fouts Finale! :thumbsup:

One format change for this year's game...we will be opening it up to paid staff members from the UNT Athletic Dept. (both male and female) who may want to participate. Not enough staffers available to make it a game of GMG.com vs. Athletic Dept. staff for lots of reasons, so we will just open the rosters to those in the athletic Dept. who would like top play.

This year's registration fee remain $25 per player. We will be looking for sponsors for the event as we did last year. If you know of a potential sponsor, please let me know.

The beneficiary will be once again the ANDREW SMITH MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND. Donations welcome.

Please check your schedules and sign up to play as soon as you know you are available...of course additional donations welcome from any and all. I also have an idea for a unique silent auction item that might be of interest to some...more on that later.

HERE WE GO...this is going to be great fun! Get your tailgate gear in shape for the after party tailgate extravaganza! CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE ANDREW SMITH MEMORIAL FUND!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

As his official "agent", ECHO would like to be apart of the FUN!

We look forward to watching him dust off his mouth guard. I'm sure he'll need a pair of suspenders so he doesn't lose his shorts in this game too!

He's still 6'4"

He's still about 240 lbs

The only thing different, he'll be 24.

I was just informed he played on the Army Post's Flag Football team.

Growing up he played QB, RB, Slot Back, TE, MLB and DE. If football had a utility type of player, he fit the mold.

And, going against our family values... he's a Dallas Cowboys fan :thumbsd:

As his official "agent", ECHO would like to be apart of the FUN!

We look forward to watching him dust off his mouth guard. I'm sure he'll need a pair of suspenders so he doesn't lose his shorts in this game too!

He's still 6'4"

He's still about 240 lbs

The only thing different, he'll be 24.

I was just informed he played on the Army Post's Flag Football team.

Growing up he played QB, RB, Slot Back, TE, MLB and DE. If football had a utility type of player, he fit the mold.

I would prefer to be on Echo's team....just sayin

I liked ECHO until this !! HAIL TO THE SKINS

I'll be there to watch this time. I suffered a sprained MCL & dislocated right index finger during the BB game and my knee is still swollen a week and a half later!! Man I'm old!!

Great stuff folks...WE NOW HAVE THE KICK-OFF Time...we will start at 3:00PM just as we did last year...seemed to work well for pre-and-post tailgating.

We will set up a separate Facebook page (like we did for the basketball game) for everyone to post their stats...and do the customary trash talking! Hopefully, we will be able to have a live draft for this event...just keep checking back here for all the latest updates. We have 13 players listed so far...good start. Remember, when you list your stats on the Facebook page for the draft...I will need your t-shirt size as well.

Thanks...this is going to be a great way to say "good-bye" to Fouts...anyone know how to contact Andy Blount, Scott Hall, etc., etc.?????

Great stuff folks...WE NOW HAVE THE KICK-OFF Time...we will start at 3:00PM just as we did last year...seemed to work well for pre-and-post tailgating.

We will set up a separate Facebook page (like we did for the basketball game) for everyone to post their stats...and do the customary trash talking! Hopefully, we will be able to have a live draft for this event...just keep checking back here for all the latest updates. We have 13 players listed so far...good start. Remember, when you list your stats on the Facebook page for the draft...I will need your t-shirt size as well.

Thanks...this is going to be a great way to say "good-bye" to Fouts...anyone know how to contact Andy Blount, Scott Hall, etc., etc.?????

So... June 11th, at 3:00 huh? Everybody better hydrate and be very careful... hello 100 degrees.

And yea, I realize this probably drops my draft status by being a temperature wussy.

Also, I don't know how to use Facebook.... this board is as technologically advanced as I get with social media-ing.

So... June 11th, at 3:00 huh? Everybody better hydrate and be very careful... hello 100 degrees.

And yea, I realize this probably drops my draft status by being a temperature wussy.

Also, I don't know how to use Facebook.... this board is as technologically advanced as I get with social media-ing.

I share your technology thoughts, but Facebook is really nothing more than using the Internet. But, just post your stats here or PM me and I'll get them on the Facebook page as soon as it is up...don't forget to give me your game t-shirt size as well. Glad you are "in".

I'll be there. Are we allowed to wear screw in cleats (plastic of course)? I've never noticed what the players wore on that field. Don't see why it would matter seeing as it'll be the last game on that turf.

Shoes are optional.....I would think molded cleats might work better than screw-ins, but maybe some of the players from years past can give you better info....Anyone care to answer about shoes????