8Th Annual Gmg.com Bowl

KRAM1

Confirmed for June 11th is All-Conference lineman with 4 bowl rings as well, #59 Weston Thaggard. Thaggard is a 2X shirt and still has those happy feet he always made useful. If anyone has a cowboy boot they don't mind beer being drank out of you might be able to talk the UNT players to enjoy some good times as they did at the steak pit on Bourbon street as they ran out of cups to serve the beer in! I know of 3 or 4 posted players that drank out of that boot!

• Upvote 3

WOW...super stuff...just got back from 10 days in Alaska without internet connection on a regular basis...and found out that with an I-Pad GMG.com is not compatible for tying replies...man was I out of the GMG.com loop....but, I see things are really going well and shaping up for a great event. Glad to see all the great new player additions...this is GOING TO BE GREAT FUN!

Still time to sign up to play...the player draft is fast approaching and final day to sign up to play is also going to be here soon...THIS FRIDATY AT 5PM...(Friday, may 20th at 5PM). DRAFT is set for Sunday, May 22nd.

Thanks to all for helping to make this a great event...much fun awaits...Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I'm just throwing this out there....but wouldn't it be cool if two ex players were the team captains and picked their teams? Of course you can have only so many "ex" players on each team. Many of us have played together before so it would be kind of cool to have a little bit of the unknown as far as team selection. I think it would make it a more even playing field.

Just a suggestion. :)

Well, super idea, but we have already selected coaches and they are set for the draft....I think our two coaches will do a good job of selecting so the teams are not one-sided. Of course, as Commissioner and "He Who Will Be Blamed", I can use some draft over-ride if need be...but, I can all but assure you now that the draft will be handled very fairly and all will end up enjoying their teams and teammates.

Looking forward to seeing you again this year at the Bowl Game....thanks for the idea.

Meh. Sure, maybe we've landed ONE solid recruiting class... But I bet KRAM is just going to coast on it for the next 4 years.

How many organizers of GMG Bowl have gotten offers from BCS programs? And does anyone think our GMG Bowl teams would have gotten invites somewhere else without the automatic tie-in?

Nobody will really respect our flag football program until we start knocking off internet messageboard recreational event teams from outside the Sun Belt.

40 years ago, I watched a North Texas booster beat a Tennessee grad in a game of electric football. This is NOTHING compared to that!

Seriously, though... It's like a bowl team reunion. I'm curious to see how it turns out when the forum members who spent all their time and energy tearing down the amazing run and accomplishments of thees former players line up to play football against them.

Should be interesting.

Well, maybe you have given me a new idea herer...how about a game set up between GMG.Com and the SMU board folks????? Once we take down the Ponies we could ask for a BCS challenge...maybe against the OSU posters in Stillwater. Road trip anyone? How about a GMG>com gathering at Eskimo Joe's in stillwater after taking down the "pokie Posters" in flag football? Road Trip anyone??????

Tasty, I did have a message from the Fiesta Bowl folks offering some "financial help" if we moved the game to Arizona!

:money::angel:

• Upvote 1

ONE THING...we need a couple more volunteer refs for this game...so far only FLYER is signed up to ref. Last year it would have helped to have a couple more....$ would be nice...so, if you don't want to play, but would like to help, we could use you as a ref. OK, sure, you would pay the $25, of course, but you would get a nifty swell keen BLACK GMG.Com Bowl T-shirt as a collector's item to have and to hold and to cherish forever.

What say you? Anyone have an interest in doing the ref thing? Ask Flyer...it's easy and no one throws anything at you or even calls you a bad name....well, at least not last year!

HELP...refs needed!!!!!!

ONE THING...we need a couple more volunteer refs for this game...so far only FLYER is signed up to ref. Last year it would have helped to have a couple more....$ would be nice...so, if you don't want to play, but would like to help, we could use you as a ref. OK, sure, you would pay the $25, of course, but you would get a nifty swell keen BLACK GMG.Com Bowl T-shirt as a collector's item to have and to hold and to cherish forever.

What say you? Anyone have an interest in doing the ref thing? Ask Flyer...it's easy and no one throws anything at you or even calls you a bad name....well, at least not last year!

HELP...refs needed!!!!!!

Hit me up if there is ever a GMG.com soccer game.

On second thought, I hate doing games like that since players sometimes do not play with the correct outlook on the match. How much fun is it if you have to red card a player in an exhibition? (and yes I have had to do this before) So just tell me if you can't get anyone else at the last minute and I will try to fill in.

Hello.. new to the Mean Green world.. but please count me as I try to relive the glory days... look forward to meeting everyone.

pretty sure you can count me in. where do we pay the money and by when?

• Upvote 1

This is going to be fun. Think we could get a post going or a list of people who are going to be bringing or cooking food? That's quite a few mouths to feed and I said before we (Luis and I) are going to be grilling after we finish playing but I want to be sure there is enough food for everyone.

• Upvote 1

I cant believe the draft is already this Sunday. I think the draft will be just as fun as the game itself. "Well, I mean, whats not to like?" (Nick Gilbert) Anyway, hope everyone can attend the draft watching party online.

Gone back and forth on this thing because its on my birthday and don't know if my family will plan anything. Plus, I've never played in it.

But, since it's the last big thing at Fouts, sign me up. I'll still pay the $25 fee even if I can't show up.

The Fake Lonnie Finch:

Shirt Size: XL

Height: 5'9" (list in the program as 6'0" to keep opponents guessing)

Weight: Has been known to go from 178 to 204 depending on whether or not I get my lazy ass into the gym; probably closer to 190 these days.

Playing experience: Haven't played since 2000 on a law school intramural team at Tulsa. Played QB, but haven't throw a ball in competition since then. I'm probably a better clipboard holder these days.

Speed: No thanks. My only vices these days are Pepsi and Pecan Pie.

Tell me who to make the check out to and where to send it.

I'm going to try to get Paul Hartsfield to commit today as well. He lettered here in 1991 and 1992. Was a linebacker. Not a really well known name in UNT history. But, he's a hell of a character if you knew him from back then.

I am going to play this year.

Army of Dad

Height: Listed at 6'0" in high school, must have shrunk since then since I am now 5'10"

Weight: More than I what I played at in high school

40 time: I can't chug a 12 ounce beer, no chance at doing it with a 40.

This should be loads of fun, and I don't think baseball coaching duties can interfere this year.

I am going to play this year.

Army of Dad

Height: Listed at 6'0" in high school, must have shrunk since then since I am now 5'10"

Weight: More than I what I played at in high school

40 time: I can't chug a 12 ounce beer, no chance at doing it with a 40.

This should be loads of fun, and I don't think baseball coaching duties can interfere this year.

Excellent...T-Shirt size please?????

• Upvote 1

Gone back and forth on this thing because its on my birthday and don't know if my family will plan anything. Plus, I've never played in it.

But, since it's the last big thing at Fouts, sign me up. I'll still pay the $25 fee even if I can't show up.

The Fake Lonnie Finch:

Shirt Size: XL

Height: 5'9" (list in the program as 6'0" to keep opponents guessing)

Weight: Has been known to go from 178 to 204 depending on whether or not I get my lazy ass into the gym; probably closer to 190 these days.

Playing experience: Haven't played since 2000 on a law school intramural team at Tulsa. Played QB, but haven't throw a ball in competition since then. I'm probably a better clipboard holder these days.

Speed: No thanks. My only vices these days are Pepsi and Pecan Pie.

Tell me who to make the check out to and where to send it.

I'm going to try to get Paul Hartsfield to commit today as well. He lettered here in 1991 and 1992. Was a linebacker. Not a really well known name in UNT history. But, he's a hell of a character if you knew him from back then.

You "pay at the door" when you register and pick up your shirt.

Let us know as soon as you can about Paul Hartsfield...would be great to have him.

Just heard from Paul Hartsfield and he's in. Forgot to get his shirt size, etc. But, I can get that today as well. He was a stocky linebacker back in the day, so I'm sure he's good for an XL. He still hits the gym pretty regularly.

Excellent news...I'll put him down for an XL unless I hear otherwise from you. Nicely done.

this has turned epic!!! so many great ex players!!! flippin awesome! what's the total count of normals, explayers, and total?

We have 10 ex-players signed up to play and 1 to help and watch (Brandon Kennedy)

That makes 31 "regular" Joe's and Jenny's for a total player count of 41.

Several others will be coming to watch and help out including Rick V. Trying to get another "special" honorary coach as well. Stay tuned.

This will be an all time great Mean Green nation event....I hope lots of folks will want to come out and watch (free admission, but we might hit you up for a donation to the scholarship fund)...bring your tailgate gear and food and drink...we'll party before and after the game.

Also don't forget those checkbooks for the silent auction...you will like some of the special items we have...rumor has it that we will have an autographed item from one of the best to ever don the Green!

Thanks to all for participating, helping, sponsoring, etc. "See" you at the draft on Sunday!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

I have another player to add to the list...

The one and only Cody Spencer is going to be able to make it for the game. He is not promising a lot of playing time, but he's going to be there to say the least.

Please put him down for an XL T-shirt.

Have teams been picked yet? How many players do we have signed up, money raised etc...