Pony Excess - Espn's 30 On 30 Movie Tonight

I won't pretend I've read half of these posts, but in regards to TCU related posts, while new to the boards I can still say just about everything I've read on this board has been positive reinforcement of the frogs (pleasing to me, I grew up in Fort Worth as well and can call myself a frog fan)...don't really see why everyones getting so tempermental.....ha will say in regards to the "Fatterson" comment any TCU fan who gets offended by people poking fun at Patterson oughta be used to it....NO ONE will doubt the guy is a defensive genius (pretty much invented 4-2-5)but anyone even remotely close to the program can tell you Gary has the attitude and field presence of a constipated grizzly. Common knowledge amongst staff and supporting staff....anyone catch that bit on ESPN about him going off on one of the doctors? Anyway, back to the point of things, people need to lighten up no harm no foul.

Hey Baby Arm! How bout this post from emmitt01 in response to our implosion!

emmitt01

* GoMeanGreen.com Addict

* Add as Friend

* PM this member

* Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

And still enough seats remain for their fanbase.

In direct response to our stadium being imploded. yeah, guess I made that up. Please address the rest of my post with regards to attendance smack and TCU as some fluke. And, do not give me that was just one person. The point is it was state. When a bowl game before you talk smack. When a conference title before you talk smack. Hell, have a winning record before you talk smack.

obvious_troll.preview.jpg

One, I came on here and admitted my point was posted in the wrong thread, and said that was my bad. Second, I have read comments downplaying TCU saying we will fade back into the dreaded eighties. Please see the work of PlummMeanGreen who seems to believe we are just some flash in the pan. But, I do love the shots at my intellect, especially that of CensoredbyLaurie. You do UNT proud. Say, lets agree on one thing. Lets start playing UNT again, rather than run away so we can continue our all time winning record against UNT. What would we call it?

That was your first mistake...anyone who has read this board for awhile knows no one reads any of his postings.

• Upvote 1

I finally finished watching this last night and a few things stood out to me.

1. These old boosters that were obviously involved in this mess stating that SMU "hung them out to dry" is comical. These men need to realize they made their bed.

2. Dale Hansen is tough to like at times but his quotes throughout this program were spot on.

3. The reaction by the boosters, players, students at SMU, etc... upon learning they had earned the death penalty were comical at best. They all knew they were guilty.

4. Dickerson claiming this was going on everywhere else as some sort of vindication for SMU breaking the rules was sickening. Those players that accepted payments, cars, etc... should be banned from having any contact with the program.

5. The last 15 or so minutes dedicated to their return to greatness under Jones is funny. Their only sustained success was due to cheating. SMU's overall record is 439-477-54 with 11 conference titles since 1915.

6. This just confirmed my dislike of this program and school. The smugness, attitudes and "this wouldn't have ever happened at A&M or Texas" whining is hilarious. They received the death penalty, because as Dale Hansen stated, and I paraphrase, "sometimes a bratty little kid needs to be slapped upside the head to get their attention." You cheated and were caught, continued cheating and were caught again and continued cheating, so they took the game away from you.

7. Ron Meyer made out like a bandit. He knew the NCAA was coming and hit the road and comes out almost unscathed.

8. Good program, but some of it is a little too melodramatic.

I would love to see someone due a documentary on North Texas during the 50's when they integrated the school and football program.

Man, I wish they would make a documentary about UNT. But, what would the narration to any preview go like? hmmm..Maybe, "What if I told you there was a school in North Texas no one gave a damn about. A directional school which wallows in the academic realm of Tier 3 institutions, an outsider who always yearned for SWC legitimacy only to be turned away. What if I told you they were anchored in a city that like the university played second fiddle to two strong private academic institutions that had three times the pedigree and history UNT had in two larger cities. What if I told you, they straddle the line between sanity and sports insanity by gorging in paranoia, hypotheticals, and supposed conspiracy theories meant to keep them out of the SWC, Big 12, Conference USA, or the Mountain West because everyone was just "too scared" of what would they would become. What if I told you there was a school out there that acted like they were the only school with potential and the promise of positive expansion. What if I told you there was a school out there that argued because you could see the stadium from the freakin highway, they were on their way to claiming their football program an oasis for 5 star recruits. What if I told you, they had a poster who claimed that a high TV rating for a 1982 UNT game against ULM, and being 25 minutes from the airport was reason enough to crown them worthy of inclusion into a BCS Conference. What if I told you, they used their high enrollment as a reason why they should be taken seriously, considering anyone including their dead dog could get int. I guess we can expect schools like University of Houston and UTSA to become Florida overnight because after all, they are universities with a high enrollment in major cities. What if I told you, they played in the Sun Belt, have endured losing season after losing season, and yet have that temerity to talk smack about TCU who has done wonders for a decade. A new addition to our 30 for 30, ‘UNT: we are awesome. Why are you walking away shaking your head, we really our number one! Look, we have a stadium with one section that looks like a cheesy winged replica, some 3 whatever time it is jazz band, and thrive off grand hypotheticals that never materialize.’ UNT, you do know they filmed a crap load of scenes for Unnecessary Roughness here don't you!! Take that UT and your championships, A&M and your following, Tech and your high powered offense, TCU and your back to back BCS Bowls, and SMU who we love to claim is our rival but does not want anything to do with us. UNT: Meh University forever!"

Dude, you're a dick.

"By the way, paragraphs are a great writing tool."

Man, strong substantive comeback replying to everything but the post itself. Go give yourself a sticker for that one!

We don't use helmet stickers.

To be fair, Harry's only been hosting an NT forum since the 90's.

Maybe this was something someone wrote on a messageboard sometime in the 80's. Or the 70's.

He could just have a very long memory. :ph34r:

I think there was some TCU smack talk on the old smoke signal forums.

Wow, I am trying to have an honest conversation and you attack me personally? And you wonder why I challenged people on this board. Nice way to divert attention from my post, and rather than attack it head on, you try and degrade me. An uneducated and overtly flaccid response, you must be so proud!

Please for the love of all things holy, tell me you are smarter than this. I would hate to think YOU are an example of my mother's education.

Edited by Rudy

Seriously though, there's a 60/40 chance I'll be at the Rose Bowl on the 1st. So look for the random dude in Green if you're going.

He won't be there, he'll be at the t.u. bowl gam....oh thats right. :thumbsu:

Back to the original topic. I didn't see the program, and really have no desire to. I think we know the attitude SMUt is going to take. What caught me off guard is the Hardline BJ session they had with some Phony QB from the era. He stated that he didn't know about the "cheating", yet in the same response, tells the story of himself taking money, literally under the table.

During the small part that I heard, he also had the same standard blame the media. I would love to hear, just once, them say, we cheated, and we got caught.

• Downvote 1