Question For Lurking Isu Fans

Texas Stranger

Iowa and Wisconsin changed their unis when McCarney was there. It was Hayden Fry who changed the Iowa logo to help change the culture of the program. Alvarez then did the same at Wisconsin. Bill Synder did it at K-State. And, McCarney did it at Iowa State.

I think we're going to see change in the uniforms for sure. Iowa and K-State got PowerHawkeye and PowerCat logo. Wisconsin got the big, flying W. Iowa State got a Cyclone with their bird mascot in it. Eager to see what we get.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Iowa and Wisconsin changed their unis when McCarney was there. It was Hayden Fry who changed the Iowa logo to help change the culture of the program. Alvarez then did the same at Wisconsin. Bill Synder did it at K-State. And, McCarney did it at Iowa State.

I think we're going to see change in the uniforms for sure. Iowa and K-State got PowerHawkeye and PowerCat logo. Wisconsin got the big, flying W. Iowa State got a Cyclone with their bird mascot in it. Eager to see what we get.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Yeah, we don't need a PowerEagle, just the logo on the Helment, Danny Mac.

Nike....for the Uniforms

McCarney.jpg

yea dude u read my mind... but ive kinda grown fond of the all white away uni's. I say go with the kelly green helmet and white diving eagle. Maybe throw some black in there but its never happend before (aside from the DD firing game) so i think they will stick with green/white

our current helmets blow... the uni's are ok but its definitley time to get new helmets

yea dude u read my mind... but ive kinda grown fond of the all white away uni's. I say go with the kelly green helmet and white diving eagle. Maybe throw some black in there but its never happend before (aside from the DD firing game) so i think they will stick with green/white

our current helmets blow... the uni's are ok but its definitley time to get new helmets

this

If Mac is sponsored by Nike, does that mean we get something like these???

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/77449/nike-pro-combat-college-football-uniforms

Hope not.

And I love the current green, but would like to get rid of the white helmet.

Edited by UNTLifer

If Mac is sponsored by Nike, does that mean we get something like these???

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/77449/nike-pro-combat-college-football-uniforms

I'm actually a fan of the pro combat uniforms, but unfortunately, Nike chooses which schools it gives these uniforms to. Other schools that have Nike as their provider, Houston and Memphis, come to mind without any research end up with very bland uniforms that end up all looking the same except for color.

• Upvote 1

Hope not.

And I love the current green, but would like to get rid of the white helmet.

Come on people, the pro combat stuff is cutting edge. We don't have enough tradition here to go the Bama/LSU/USC route. To get the the next generation of fans involved we need something that appeals to them. I don't think anybody under 25 (most of those 38k students) dislikes the TCU, Oregon, Boise or VT uniforms. Tech's camo numbers are are different story... hate those. But I loved the Boise vs VT game uniforms.

I don't think anybody under 25 (most of those 38k students) dislikes the TCU, Oregon, Boise or VT uniforms.

That's a bold and untrue statement. I know being in the minority is tough, but, as a lot of my celebrity heroes say, it gets better.

• Upvote 1