Ex-Heights Qb Vizza Tossed Football, And Scored Happiness

GreenBat

I see no one on GMG has ever had a change of heart, quit a job they didn't like, or dropped a class that wasn't going their way. I changed majors because I wasn't doing well, Biochemistry just wasn't for me. I'll one day quit my job in public accounting, leaving my coworkers at a disadvantage for tax season. Draw a parallel to your own life and stop acting like you wish death upon this man. GMG's obsession with Vizza is crazy, move on.

+1 sir. The man made a decision he felt was best for him. If he didn't want to play here why do we care that he left?

Quit on a commitment a university that needed him. Simple as that.

• Upvote 1

+1 sir. The man made a decision he felt was best for him. If he didn't want to play here why do we care that he left?

This is not about Vizza, this is about the cry babies on this board who didn't get what they want...then persecute a young man for making a decision he feels is in his best interest. If you want to blame someone...try TD who destroyed the MG year after year and made us the joke of college football....who couldn't seem to provide much protection for his QB.

Not happy at UNT....I am sure there are a lot of players who were not too happy playing for TD....seems to be a big player change under Canales.

I wish the young man the best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hold no ill will toward Vizza but I see both sides. I understand losing the heart to do something. We've all had second thoughts on something in our lives and if his heart wasn't in it, he wouldn't be doing the team any good sticking around. It shows more of the special individual it takes to stick through a D1 college football career than it shows anything negative in Vizza.

However

The way the article was written didn't make Vizza look very good. Several references to how hard it was for Vizza to lose since he was so used to winning his whole life. It stinks of a spoiled little baby. What about the rest of his teammates? They were struggling too. They were going through the losing too but they stuck with it. It makes him look like he thought he was a little above all that losing and didn't want to put forth the effort anymore.

I wonder what Craig Robertson or any of our veteran O-linemen would think about that article?

Me personally, really don't care what Vizza's doing i haven't really thought about him before that article There are too many good things going on with the program lately but to be honest, he impressed me as a freshman and I thought by now we would be talking about all the school records he owns.

Edited by TheColonyEagle

Vizza reminds me of those North Texas fans who stop going to games or donating to the Mean Green Club because they don't like how the football team is doing. It is easy being part of a winning team. How you face adversity is what defines your character.

If the highest priority adversity I ever find myself facing in life is whether or not to attend a few college football games, I'll confess to either being a complete fool or an incredibly blessed person with no other concerns in life. If my character is defined by my attendance and donations while I'm concentrated on feeding the kid whose mother has disappeared into the depths of some Austin yoga cult while struggling to maintain grades and find a job, then I'd say your character definition metric is a bit off kilter.

• Upvote 3

---I am not as harse as some... he got tired of losing and seeing 50+ points put up against him regularly. NO ONE can win with the kind of defensive support he was getting. ... He just didn't see it getting any better and it didn't. His life is his life and we get to do it only once and he just didn't want to do that anymore. He didn't trash UNT and I won't trash him. If he had lost interest in football, then it is better for both him and us that he decided to leave.... I find it interesting that the experience here under Dodge soured him so much that he did not want to play again.... anywhere.

-- I don't blame him... I blame the program and coaching staff for being so bad... especially on defense and special teams... He is nothing like Dickey who took parting shots at us and even dressed us in black uniforms... that was cheap and disrespectful...

• Downvote 1

I don't begrudge Vizza leaving this situation, like several do...But an article that basically says Vizza didn't like losing, so he quit, sure doesn't paint him in a good light.

--He also didn't like getting beat to a pulp for no reward (no wins) ... which happened to him a lot. How many QBs and players have we lost this year ??? If he had quit mid-season I would view him very differently..... he likely also thought Riley (coach's son) was going to eventually take his position anyway...we don't know everything that was going on..

--- It was pretty obvious to all of us (including him) that the HS coaches he saw really weren't up to the college challenge.... note the 50+ points put up in so many games. Considering the talent walking around in Texas and even on the UNT team ... we should never be THAT bad. No coaching staff at UNT before has done worse.

• Downvote 1

Vizza reminds me of those North Texas fans who stop going to games or donating to the Mean Green Club because they don't like how the football team is doing. It is easy being part of a winning team. How you face adversity is what defines your character.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Some UNT fans decided to stop giving money to the program until it got its act together. Maybe they helped RV finally realize the Dodge he bought was a lemon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Some UNT fans decided to stop giving money to the program until it got its act together. Maybe they helped RV finally realize the Dodge he bought was a lemon.

down a year or two...you keep going to games and spending money....down5-6 years...time to make a statement before RV extends the contract to another incompetent coach at UNT.

Quit on a commitment to a university that needed him. Simple as that.

Not that I'm defending the guy because I'm no longer really that concerned with his decision to leave, but if we are fortunate to have a player who is good enough to forego his Senior season for the NFL, are we going to also ostricize him as a quitter for making a decision that he feels is in his best interest? How about Collin Mangrum? Shouldn't we start a "I hate Collin Mangrum" thread over on the BB Board? Not only did he abandon us and leave us with little experienced depth in the backcourt, but he is now playing for what most on this board consider to be our most hated rival. Just saying that it's only fair that we start quitter threads for the couple of dozen other athletes who have recently abandoned us in our time of need. Vizza is not the only one. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Not that I'm defending the guy because I'm no longer really that concerned with his decision to leave, but if we are fortunate to have a player who is good enough to forego his Senior season for the NFL, are we going to also ostricize him as a quitter for making a decision that he feels is in his best interest? How about Collin Mangrum? Shouldn't we start a "I hate Collin Mangrum" thread over on the BB Board? Not only did he abandon us and leave us with little experienced depth in the backcourt, but he is now playing for what most on this board consider to be our most hated rival. Just saying that it's only fair that we start quitter threads for the couple of dozen other athletes who have recently abandoned us in our time of need. Vizza is not the only one. :rolleyes:

Vizza quit school because he did not like losing, Mangrum actually graduated and is doing grad school. NFL caliber player get the hell out of here and make some money, it is called capitalism.

• Upvote 2

Vizza quit school because he did not like losing, Mangrum actually graduated and is doing grad school. NFL caliber player get the hell out of here and make some money, it is called capitalism.

Sounds to me like he quit because he was tired of getting his butt kicked, having no life, and working 500 hours a week. Don't we still have grad school in Denton? ;)

• Downvote 2

How about Collin Mangrum? Shouldn't we start a "I hate Collin Mangrum" thread over on the BB Board? Not only did he abandon us and leave us with little experienced depth in the backcourt, but he is now playing for what most on this board consider to be our most hated rival.

I think it's obvious why there's a double standard at work here. Collin Mangrum is WHITE.

TheRaceCard.jpg

Yeah, I played it. BOOM.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Sorry... I didn't realize job of a fan message boards was to coddle fragile little quitters. If I quit my job or left my wife I would fully expect message boards devoted to either of the two to pull no punches.

As it relates to this Football team he's a sorry little quitter.

Luckily we don't need him.

Sorry... I didn't realize it was the job of a fan message board to attack the character of a young man whom none of you really know.

Edited by eppy4life
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2