In Game Conversation

All About UNT

I am not gonna criticize the staff because they got the team to play great considering what transpired the last few days. But this is just about as heartbreaking a loss as you can have. It's almost funny how much crap this team had had to endure.

I hope they could at least forget about their sorrow for a few hours anyway.

Edited by CMJ

I am not gonna criticize the staff because they got the team to play great considering what transpired the last few days. But this is just about as heartbreaking a loss as you can have. It's almost funny how much crap this team had had to endure.

I hope they could at least forget about their sorrow for a few hours anyway.

Are you kidding me? Penalties?

I have to hand it to Riley...he played a great game...so did Lance. The coaches have got to get the penalties under control in that we lost this game in the 1st quarter with those BS Personal Fouls.

I am not a Riley fan, but he showed leadership alongside Dunbar on the 91 yd final drive. To bad TD did not stay with the hot hand in order to win the game.

Are you kidding me? Penalties?

Well, we did just have a death on the team. I half expected to get our asses kicked tonight. I figured the team would have no focus. Plus, we even came back twice from fairly large deficits.

So yes, I think the staff did a good job considering what the team went thru this week.

We still lost - but this week I'm not gonna criticize them. That doesn't mean they get a mulligan, but it also means I am more understanding this week.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would have been happy if we lost 28-27 but had tried to go for 2 pts. We dominated them using the wildcat formation and 3 yds would have been nothing, but nope we go to our highly unreliable kicking team and guess what happens.

Really?! You don't think people would be all over the coaches if they went for 2 and didn't make it?! Going for 1 was the no-brainer call. But you've got to get your trajectory above 7 feet at the LOS.

• Upvote 1

I am not a Riley fan, but he showed leadership alongside Dunbar on the 91 yd final drive. To bad TD did not stay with the hot hand in order to win the game.

Riley got hit hard tonight and the arm strength is clearly not there. But I'll admit this much. The sheen off the Southlake glamboy has worn off and I'm starting to see a little grit under the surface.

• Upvote 1

Really?! You don't think people would be all over the coaches if they went for 2 and didn't make it?! Going for 1 was the no-brainer call. But you've got to get your trajectory above 7 feet at the LOS.

I would have gone for two because nothing would lead me to believe that we would have won in OT. You just bite the bullet and try to win it when you have the chance too. Those that would have called out the coaches for that decision obviously hasn't seen Mean Green football the last 6 years.

Really, I would rather have lost going for the win than deal another heartbreaking OT loss due to coaching blunders. Put Riley and Dunbar in the Wildcat and they were tearing it up the entire 4th Quarter. What else do we have to lose? We look incompetent now that we can not even kick an XP. Feel horrible for the WR, Riley and Dunbar.

I can honestly say I wouldn't have been mad at the coaches for going for two and missing it. They crawled back into the game despite turnovers and huge penalties. The offense had just moved 91 yards. Weapons such as Carey, Dunbar, Hamilton and Dodge were all contributing. Bustle's Cajuns are known for special teams play and blocked kicks! I hate to sound like an armchair quarterback, but I would have accepted that loss much more easily than the one that actually went down.

Well, we did just have a death on the team. I half expected to get our asses kicked tonight. I figured the team would have no focus. Plus, we even came back twice from fairly large deficits.

So yes, I think the staff did a good job considering what the team went thru this week.

We still lost - but this week I'm not gonna criticize them. That doesn't mean they get a mulligan, but it also means I am more understanding this week.

I don't think we had this many penalties after Andrew Smith passed and he was a starting quarterback in our only bowl win.

Also, when considering the comebacks from fairly large deficits, remember how they came about in the first place. It starts and stops with the coaches. I'm sick of making excuses for these guys. Junior High Teams play smarter football than we do.

I can honestly say I wouldn't have been mad at the coaches for going for two and missing it. They crawled back into the game despite turnovers and huge penalties. The offense had just moved 91 yards. Weapons such as Carey, Dunbar, Hamilton and Dodge were all contributing. Bustle's Cajuns are known for special teams play and blocked kicks! I hate to sound like an armchair quarterback, but I would have accepted that loss much more easily than the one that actually went down.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd gone for two; I just didn't see how we had that much left to win in overtime.

I think alot of you who are saying that you wouldn't mind the coaching staff going for the 2pt conversion, missing, and being ok with it are completely full of it.

To me, it was a no-brainer. You get your points and you take your chances in OT. I know the kicking game is atrocious, but he didn't miss the other 3 PAT's tonight...Why think he would miss that one? We had the momentum at the time, so you go into overtime and win it there.

Then, boom. Just a total kick in the nads.

THE TEAM (players & coaches) should shoulder this loss. There were plenty of mistakes to go around. You can't point the finger at any one person (coach or player).

• Upvote 1