What If This Were Year 1 For Dodge?

Green Dozer

First, I have never seen the fan base so fired up. Had this been the norm at UNT over the years, we might not be where we are and also would not have had to wait so long for a stadium. Though I think some posts are approaching a mean side, I know it is because we now truly care.

That said, what if this were Dodge first year and he had inherited THIS team from another coach who was fired last year, has the staff he does right now, and started the season the exact same way right through yesterday? Then throw in the injuries just as how they played out, would you hold he and all the coaches accountable and demand they tough it out, that you expect a winner, no excuses?

Like I said, just putting a different twist on things, not defending anything or anybody at all. Just interested in hearing how you would handle it. So please, discuss!

*Yes, like some of you, I thought somebody would start this. So, what the heck, here we go.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Downvote 3

Would still be disappointed, and would be utterly mystified at how the new coach refuses to use our one legitimate star player in any functional manner.

That said, wouldn't be calling for firings or declaring this a pathetically failed hire. That's the difference between a coach with 3 games of ineptitude under his belt vs. one with 3+ years.*

*Look, I actually legitimately responded to this thread!!! I'm so sorry....

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

First, I have never seen the fan base so fired up. Had this been the norm at UNT over the years, we might not be where we are and also would not have had to wait so long for a stadium. Though I think some posts are approaching a mean side, I know it is because we now truly care.

That said, what if this were Dodge first year and he had inherited THIS team from another coach who was fired last year, has the staff he does right now, and started the season the exact same way right through yesterday? Then throw in the injuries just as how they played out, would you hold he and all the coaches accountable and demand they tough it out, that you expect a winner, no excuses?

Like I said, just putting a different twist on things, not defending anything or anybody at all. Just interested in hearing how you would handle it. So please, discuss!

*Yes, like some of you, I thought somebody would start this. So, what the heck, here we go.

nostradamus.jpg

• Upvote 2

Would still be disappointed, and would be utterly mystified at how the new coach refuses to use our one legitimate star player in any functional manner.

That said, wouldn't be calling for firings or declaring this a pathetically failed hire. That's the difference between a coach with 3 games of ineptitude under his belt vs. one with 3+ years.*

*Look, I actually legitimately responded to this thread!!! I'm so sorry....

I can't imagine a first year coach not utilizing a star running back, especially in an offense that occasionally bogs down and can't move the ball at critical times.

/Jamario'd.

Edited by TheTastyGreek