Remember When We Would Beat Boise?

emmitt01

New Boise St. helmet logo -- thumbs up or thumbs down?

I think they're ok - the bronco is a little large for my taste ...

I guess you know that you are a national program when you don't have to spell out the name of your school on the helmet anymore. I think our blocked "North Texas" looks pretty good - but I'll be happy when we can also just have an emblem (like the diving eagle) and everyone knows that We Are North Texas.

New Boise St. helmet logo -- thumbs up or thumbs down?

I think they're ok - the bronco is a little large for my taste ...

I guess you know that you are a national program when you don't have to spell out the name of your school on the helmet anymore. I think our blocked "North Texas" looks pretty good - but I'll be happy when we can also just have an emblem (like the diving eagle) and everyone knows that We Are North Texas.

Are those throwback unis? Or did they change to those?

Hallelujah!!!!!! Blowhards like Craig James can put their "Boise is good but can't beat the real teams" crap to bed for at least two weeks. Hers hoping Boise blows out the beavers on the 25th.

Craig James is an uber douche. I really like Kirk Herbstreits commentary...he gives respect where it is due and yet after the game he says that Boise State will still have to be judged on style points for them to make their case on going to the NC game if they are undefeated which is correct.

(Written before tonight's game)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13887480/ok-boise-state-losing-to-virginia-tech-is-right-thing

Boise State has to lose Monday night, because Boise State has to be stopped.

Well, it's not necessarily Boise State that has to be stopped. It's the myth of Boise State. The myth that a team from a league as bad as the Western Athletic Conference can win one tough game all year -- maybe two if we're counting a Sept. 25 date with an Oregon State team that lost Saturday to TCU -- and then ride the wave of a junior varsity schedule all the way into the BCS title game.

That's silly. And it can't happen. But so many people -- media, coaches -- have bought into the Boise State myth that we're almost there. Over the years Boise State has lobbied us into submission, creeping its way into the preseason Top 25, then into the regular-season top 10, then into a BCS game twice in the past four years, and finally this season all the way into legitimate range of the BCS title game by virtue of its preseason ranking and crappy schedule that will suck it inevitably toward the title game like a black hole.

(Written before tonight's game)

http://www.cbssports...-is-right-thing

He seems to be writing this article with the thought of having a bit. I agree the WAC isn't the toughest schedule but how much more does BSU have to do to really garner national respect? And why doesn't Fresno State ever get any love? I think they are a very formidable opponent and have a legitimate shot at defeating the Broncos. They(BSU) are so well prepared and well coached up that you put them in just about any conference and they would be able to hold their own IMO.

Edited by Green Mean