Remember When We Would Beat Boise?

emmitt01

And why doesn't Fresno State ever get any love? I think they are a very formidable opponent and have a legitimate shot at defeating the Broncos. They are so well prepared and well coached up that you put them in just about any conference and they would be able to hold their own IMO.

Fresno shoots themselves in the foot year after year. They are a legitimate program, for sure, evidenced once again by handing it to Cincy this weekend.

Craig James is an uber douche. I really like Kirk Herbstreits commentary...he gives respect where it is due and yet after the game he says that Boise State will still have to be judged on style points for them to make their case on going to the NC game if they are undefeated which is correct.

Kirk Herbstreit is the biggest BC$ homer there is. He wants no true playoff or even a reduced playoff of 16 teams; all he wants is the +1 model added. His ultimate goal is to keep the Boise's and non-BCS schools out of the NC.

Was at the game...one of the best college football.games I've ever been at. Boise's defense needs to step it up...but they still hung in there when it counted.

Gotta hand it to fans of both teams. Classy folks all around...and not one single person was offended by my lack of previous attendance or one-time enrollment at their school.

The uniforms are a special Nike thing..."ProCombat". Ten teams got them.

http://sports.spreadit.org/nike-pro-combat-uniformsnike-launches-pro-combat-2010-1460/

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All of this commentary would be true if it weren't for one thing. How many times has a team run through a watered down AQ conference (see UT last season, USC several times) and been propped up by the patch on their conference's jerseys? Boise will have beaten a top 10 team in Va Tech and a top 25 team in Oregon State. How many teams has a "BCS" team run through a conference schedule littered with top 25 teams who were exposed as overrated by years's end?

Edited by emmitt01

Can anyone find our record against BSU, I'm curious.

we played them in boise 11/26/94 in a 1aa playoff game and lost 24 to 20.mitch maher was our qb. we beat them 30-27 in 96, lost 14-17 in 97, won 21-13 in 98,won 17-10 in 99, and lost 59 to zip in 2000. since then our programs have gone in different directions.

U of Houston from the Bill Yeoman era was the model I'd hoped UNT would follow during and right after Fry era ended.

Boise State was who I hoped we would model our program after we parted ways as conference-mates.

Frankly, I think Fouts Field was the main reason we were never able to use either model and having spoken to many of you veterans on this board through the decades, I think you'd probably still agree.

Wonder when Chuck Neinas was on our campus a few years ago representing CUSA as he scouted us out what the real skinny was on their real thoughts for UNT at that time? Wonder if they'd be different today if and when there is another shuffle?

GMG!

we played them in boise 11/26/94 in a 1aa playoff game and lost 24 to 20.mitch maher was our qb. we beat them 30-27 in 96, lost 14-17 in 97, won 21-13 in 98,won 17-10 in 99, and lost 59 to zip in 2000. since then our programs have gone in different directions.

What amazes me about 1999 was that we went 2-9 under dickey, but our two wins were at Texas Tech and at home to Boise State, both of whom finished with winning records and beat some really good teams. That is why just beating name teams doesn't get the fanbase going, nor does just winning conference games in the SBC and nobody else. It takes both.

• Upvote 1

What is La Tech going to do if BSU doesn't win?! Staying in the black is depending on BSU's success.

Wa Wa.

Hmm. Interesting way of looking at it, coming in to the game and afterward I was happy about Boise and their chance of making it to the national championship, now I really really hope they lose at some point and don't make it to a BCS game this year so La. Tech can have less BCS money thrown their way for doing nothing and further sink their program in to oblivion.

Let's go OSU!!!!!!

We were driving for a go-ahead TD when Mitch was intercepted by a one-armed DB. I knew then that the football gods were not going to let us win.