New Record Enrollment For Unt

SUMG

I think they won't know the official number for a week or two...but the first day of class numbers are biggest ever:

http://newsgatheringblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2010/08/record-number-of-unt-students.html

Damn. Since Austin wants to stay around 50k, I wonder how long until we pass them? Wouldn't be surprised if the Aggs pass them first, and then we look to pass them to be the largest. Someday I suspect.

I'll, uh, go outside the box here, :rolleyes: but in the old days of extended (late) enrollment at NT we have added as many as 1,000 additional students. Don't know if late registration is at it was back in the day, but what the heck--the more the merrier.

No "potential" UNT student could ever visit our campus now and not feel that special buzz of excitement that all our latest wave of expansion along with all the very noticeable construction creates--especially that huge edifice of a new football stadium that looks so-oooooo sweet up close and from a distance.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

The only thing that matters: Did we pass Houston?

Also, are UNT-Dallas's numbers seperate from UNT's?

We will pass UH at the official Grand Opening of the New Stadium @ Mean Green Village and on the scoreboard! :P

(Just playing with ya' my UH Cougar friends! Look forward to having you--hope you bring your great marching band so we can have 2 great marching bands in the stadium that night, too). Good grief, what am I doing here, that game is more than a year away!

GMG!

PS: My first college team to support as a youth was Bill Yeoman's UH Cougars of whom I saw many of their games in the Astrodome. Ran into one of Coach Yeoman's former lineman, ie, David Bourquin, in Mineral Wells (TX) the other day who just retired as the MWHS Rams head football coach.

GMG!

PS:

Harry Miers, can you and your crack gang of computer experts on GMG.com super-impose a nice photo of our football stadium rendering on top of this "Mean Green Football" page? You will have many new visitors (and lurkers) this year who might be interested in seeing what we've got going on every time they log on to the Mean Green Football section. Just a thought, buddy.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I have been told that we or UNT plans to cap at 45,000 in Denton. Then the I am sure the admission requirements will increase. I heard this from various developers that were working around UNT and they said that that was what Gretchen was telling them two years ago or so.

• Upvote 1

I have been told that we or UNT plans to cap at 45,000 in Denton. Then the I am sure the admission requirements will increase. I heard this from various developers that were working around UNT and they said that that was what Gretchen was telling them two years ago or so.

Tony, I wonder what the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board has "requested" that TAMU--College Station cap their enrollment? Probably 45,001? :rolleyes:;):lol:

SUMG and I were marvelling the other day all the real estate at and near the New Stadium @ The Mean Green Village which UNT still has to work with for all our future construction and growth. Of course when you're doing your piloting thing you can see all this better than anyone, right?

GMG!

Luckily, I got to ride the bus, but we were packed in like sardines...

Been there. I lived in an off campus apartment the last couple years I attended ('08 grad). and the Bernard St. bus would pass us by a couple times before one would let us on to sort of stand on the bus, but really in the stair wells. So, UNT obviously needs more parking and a larger bus fleet. Wasn't there a parking garage planned on the Fry Street mud pit for a while?

I doubt the official requirements will change much if any, but capping enrollment will effectively make UNT more selective by not accepting everyone who meets the base requirements.

We need to shove this up some of those Smut posters.

I really doubt SMU fanboys would care they would counter that SMU is an elite school who doesn't just let anyone in blah blah etc...

I wouldn't blame them especially if I had to pay their tuition.