The Rangers Are In First Place!

Game winning homer for Cruz last night, 8.5 game lead over both Oakland and Anaheim and it is not even August yet. Can the Rangers hold on? I say yes.

The next 5 games will show how easy this will be down the stretch. Go 4-1 here (especially if the Red Sox keep making such a nice second home in LA), and you're going to have a nice cushion for those upcoming TB, BOS and NYY series starting in August.

Also, has anyone else been worried to post in the thread as to not upset the mojo?

Also, has anyone else been worried to post in the thread as to not upset the mojo?

Yes, it's kind of like when a potential no-hitter is in progress. Great, now if they start losing it'll be my fault! I can delete it if needed.

Edited by UNTLifer

They are still +3 on my personal 91 win pace for them. All they need to do is split the remaining 2 games with the As to stay +3. I have them 5-4 on this next trip, then 2-6 in the home series against the Yanks, RSox, and Tampa. Before you jump down my throat, keep in mind all of these predictions end up with 91 wins, and they are already +3 on that pace.

Things are definitely looking up for the little Rangers.

i have been to the last 2 starts for Cliff Lee....the atmosphere at the Ballpark when he pitches is amazing and you know your watching the best pitcher in the Majors... Last night was amazing...13 strikeouts from Lee...the amazing Defense from Davis, Hamilton and Nellie...and then Nellie with the walkoff...which was absolutly CRUSHED...just a great game! this team is for real!!!

With the ownership issue settled, now we can all focus on what is going to be a fun 2 months. Rangers are still +3 on my personal 91 win pace (although they have to win tonight to stay +3). The offense finally wakes up. Niether Oakland or LAA can seem to get any consistency.

Good times.

Big confidence booster tonight.. Did anyone else feel very comfortable with the walk to Nelson Cruz to face Murphy?

Back to +3

Lee on the mound tomorrow against the Yanks 5th starter. A mini-sweep would really take a lot of pressure off for the rest of the homestand. Maybe it would even demoralize OAK and LAA a little.

Where did everyone go? I promise you, this forum has no effect on the Rangers winning or losing.

I freaking hate fushia.

Edited by UNT90

i have been to the last 2 starts for Cliff Lee....the atmosphere at the Ballpark when he pitches is amazing and you know your watching the best pitcher in the Majors... Last night was amazing...13 strikeouts from Lee...the amazing Defense from Davis, Hamilton and Nellie...and then Nellie with the walkoff...which was absolutly CRUSHED...just a great game! this team is for real!!!

Amen Brutha!!!!

This game and atmosphere was electric from the beginning. The Rangers fever is catching on and I think this is just as big as it was in 96 when it was the first ever playoff appearance. I tend to think that this bankruptcy/auction hoopla the last few months have only help in the marketing and buzz because people got interested and when you combine with a team that is in first place and playing some great baseball the fever is spreading.

On a side note, I have always loved David Murphy. He is probably one of my favorite couple of players on this team. Just a hard nosed, gritty guy that does anything and everything you want him to do. Michael Young said it best after the game saying he is the ultimate professional. Truer words have never been spoken and he is a very vital person and a great glue guy to have on this team and in the clubhouse and I hope he is a Ranger for a long long time.

Oh and to UNT90, I have had Rangers fever my whole life. It's my favorite sport and the Rangers are my favorite team so I myself am watching every pitch of every pitch. I am stoked.

About a 75/25 split last night -- much better than normal. Plus, there were way more...well, whores... in the crowd than normal, which means Dallas is embracing this team for better or worse. My only power down was getting home, turning on FSN and seeing stupid Mickey the Snowman pleasuring himself while previewing the upcoming Oakland scrimmage.

Not sure if Murphy will keep this up, but with Vlad worthless the past 6 weeks or so, you can put him, Hamilton, Moreland in the outfield with Borbon as insurance and then move the other pieces around as needed. Hell, if Michael's fielding slump continues, maybe he could play some first. When Kinsler returns, I like our bench and what we have to play with.

SPORTS!

By the way did you guys see the picture of the lady who had a huge sign saying "Texas born, Yankee obsessed"? What a complete doucher.

Most DFW area sports fans are dbags. I've been to a ton of cities around the country and never seen the same level of needing to be "part of the winning team." It's like the whole region has an inferiority complex.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Most DFW area sports fans are dbags. I've been to a ton of cities around the country and never seen the same level of needing to be "part of the winning team." It's like the whole region has an inferiority complex.

Look no further than Denton, Texas. I would not use your "dbags" reference, but it is no secret that way too many local area "fans" shift their loyalties to whichever way the wind is blowing at the time. The "loyalty" factor when it comes to a big segment of the local fan base is no where to be found. It boils down to character for me when it comes to the "native population". Hard to support the local team when it is going through a "challenging time"...takes character to do that...but, for some it's just too easy to "cut and run". I'd hate to have these folks looking out for my backside on a field of battle. They also like to find ready and lame excuses as to why they either don't or won't support the local teams. I agree, if you have spent much time living in other parts of the country, you don't see as much of this sort of thing. Maybe there is a study some sociology major can do on the subject or maybe it's a matter of having so many people move to the area that support their home teams even after moving. If the place you left was so great, why did you leave it in the first place?????

Part of it is true but I really think the main reason for the front-runner types is that are so many transplants in DFW and all over the south that they sort it make the true fans look worse than they are. The fact that so many people move down here from the north etc is a huge factor why a lot of opponents fans are at all of our sporting teams games. Of course you have your douchers as well that are born in Texas and have other teams as their favorite but I think the main reason has to do with the amount of douchey transplants in the south.

If someone is considering not voting Josh for the AL-MVP....show them tonight's tape.

Evan Grant in his blog time line at the game said that he was with the Boston media members who are pretty influential in the voting and EG pretty much said he is a slam dunk to win the MVP. Although you may hear from the Yankee doucher on pleading their case for Cano.

Tough series. But they went 3-5 against the East bigboys, which is one game better than I had them. So they are now +4 on the 91 win pace. Next up is Baltimore, who I have them sweeping on the road. Looks like the minor league offensive lineup the Rangers are rolling out right now may have some problems with this, plus Baltimore is playing much better under Buck.

4-5 on the west coast swing, 3-5 against the east, and still an 8 game lead in the division. Despite recent events, things are still going quite nicely for the little Rangers.

Edited by UNT90