The Rangers Are In First Place!

Hell, this thread has been dying a slow death all summer. Pardon me for trying to pump some life into the SOB.

And stop interrupting my conversation with myself!!! Freaking rude.

Just remember the number 91, B&%$#es!!

I miss Diamond Talk with Greggo.

Maybe instead of shocking a choking victim with paddles, think about why he's choking in the first place?

Well, it is Greggo.

Wasn't he on your show when you were in high school?

He was probably broadcasting on your radio station, also.

Right on both counts and he royally fucked up. I forgot because I am 28 and am not some jack-wagon that throws rocks on a message board - I haven't a clue what I talk about every day and get paid for.

Edited by Green Guy Bass
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Right on both counts and he royally fucked up. I forgot because I am 28 and am not some jack-wagon on a message board - I haven't a clue what I talk about every day and get paid for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wJS3j9Zgrc

Right on both counts and he royally fucked up. I forgot because I am 28 and am not some jack-wagon that throws rocks on a message board - I haven't a clue what I talk about every day and get paid for.

That you are 28 is painfully obvious.

Again, you work for The Ticket, so don't go trying to get all sports self-important on us. It's The Ticket, after all.

As far as throwing rocks, I'm just tossing your's back after they land in my virtual living room.

Now, to get this back on track, nice game by the Rangers, and they are +2 on the 91 win pace.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I really didn't like this game tonight. The offense was great but Lee yet had another terrible outing but the one thing that kills me the most is we lose the game on a wild pitch. It was clear that Ogando was trying to unintentionally intentionally walk him and he was throwing completely wild. I am not saying that that Lee won't turn it around but it is a little troubling when the likes of Baltimore and Kansas City really have their way with you. But again I can't complain because they still have an 8.5 game lead.

Edited by Green Mean

The day the Rangers traded for Lee, I still said the team needed to Git' Sum Pitchin'. And nobody believed me.

Mark it: If Ron Washington doesn't get this team to practice free throws, they're never going to win the World Series.

Also, why is attendance so bad when the team is finally winning? It seems like every game I tune in to halfheartedly watch on TV, the crowd looks depressingly small. I'm very disappointed with everyone else in town.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The day the Rangers traded for Lee, I still said the team needed to Git' Sum Pitchin'. And nobody believed me.

Mark it: If Ron Washington doesn't get this team to practice free throws, they're never going to win the World Series.

Also, why is attendance so bad when the team is finally winning? It seems like every game I tune in to halfheartedly watch on TV, the crowd looks depressingly small. I'm very disappointed with everyone else in town.

It's really a combination of several things. The economy, the distance to Arlington, the heat, schools starting back up etc. I don't care what anybody in Arlington and FW says but the bulk of the Rangers' past good attendances were from the North Dallas/Collin County area. And lets not forget the gas prices. I think people are used to the price now but I think people are more conscious of making longer trips now because of it and consistently driving to Arlington and through the crappy traffic is not appealing to many people these days. Now with everything stated above it is very hard to consistently get say 35-40k+ a game unless it is the Yanks, Red Sox or its some Christian Rock band.

It's really a combination of several things. The economy, the distance to Arlington, the heat, schools starting back up etc. I don't care what anybody in Arlington and FW says but the bulk of the Rangers' past good attendances were from the North Dallas/Collin County area. And lets not forget the gas prices. I think people are used to the price now but I think people are more conscious of making longer trips now because of it and consistently driving to Arlington and through the crappy traffic is not appealing to many people these days. Now with everything stated above it is very hard to consistently get say 35-40k+ a game unless it is the Yanks, Red Sox or its some Christian Rock band.

Third Day + Red Sox Cap Night + Monorail = Sold Out Super Pit!

It's really a combination of several things. The economy, the distance to Arlington, the heat, schools starting back up etc.

Definitely hits on all points for me. I've been to a couple games this year, but it's far from Lewisville and it's a lot of cash to burn when you add up gas, parking, tickets, and food. I would've been at three so far, but their dog day promotion is just stupid. They have the dog day game during the buttcrack of summer and then put you directly in the sunlight in the left field porch. "Come enjoy a game where we cook you, and especially your dog, to a ripe temperature of 120 degrees for 3 hours." No thanks.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

Yeah...everyone needs 1-3, 6.10 ERA

:huh:

I liked that one of the main "Goodbye Lou" stories from a few weeks ago mentioned how he deserved better than to go out with the likes of Thomas Diamond and Jeff Baker. I giggled.

I liked that one of the main "Goodbye Lou" stories from a few weeks ago mentioned how he deserved better than to go out with the likes of Thomas Diamond and Jeff Baker. I giggled.

Lou strikes me as a flatulent guy...I think he liked Jeff Baker.