The Rangers Are In First Place!

Prophet?

11 and counting...

This seems like a good time for me to post my things that make me feel nervous despite everything going well:

-Nippert spot starts that won't always turn into Ogando pimpage

-Feldman

-CJ (still scuffling, but seems so close to just getting lit up for a few straight starts)

-The upcoming schedule

-Knowing now that, despite the success, not getting the win streak to 14 will probably make us lose ground

-Knowing that the Rockies will probably let us down against the Angels like the Dodgers did

-Knowing we have to win 2 of 3 in Cali to keep the momentum

-The ownership fiasco

-The thought of trading premiere talent to Seattle if the ownership situation gets resolved

But, on the good list, EVERYTHING ELSE! I also realize it might be fun to revisit the Hurdle/Jaramillo debate at some point.

This seems like a good time for me to post my things that make me feel nervous despite everything going well:

-Nippert spot starts that won't always turn into Ogando pimpage

-Feldman

-CJ (still scuffling, but seems so close to just getting lit up for a few straight starts)

-The upcoming schedule

-Knowing now that, despite the success, not getting the win streak to 14 will probably make us lose ground

-Knowing that the Rockies will probably let us down against the Angels like the Dodgers did

-Knowing we have to win 2 of 3 in Cali to keep the momentum

-The ownership fiasco

-The thought of trading premiere talent to Seattle if the ownership situation gets resolved

But, on the good list, EVERYTHING ELSE! I also realize it might be fun to revisit the Hurdle/Jaramillo debate at some point.

You are nervous about the ownership siituation a: if it doesn't get resolved and b; if it does get resolved?

Make up your freaking mind already. A prophit never goes both ways...

Edited by UNT90

You are nervous about the ownership siituation a: if it doesn't get resolved and b; if it does get resolved?

Make up your freaking mind already. A prophit never goes both ways...

Yes, but didn't clarify. I am not worried that this thing gets resolved this season; I am now worried if the Ryan/Greenberg bid survives the obstacle course Hicks is laying for it behind the scenes.

Whether or not that gets resolved, I am worried about the team making a short-sighted trade for a guy who will be gone in a year when it might make more sense to hold those chips to play a better hand than Roy Oswalt or Cliff Lee. If our farm systems is that good and the core isn't going anywhere for awhile, I say make trades to address other shortcomings while keeping chips aside for the moment KC, Florida or anyone else decides to start their next rebuilding project and puts someone like Greinke or Johnson on the market.

If I hadn't made a vow to myself not to berate the team whenever the winning streak ended, I would have plenty to write about one of the worst games I've seen in years, but I'll just point out that:

1. Cheering when an umpire gets hit in the face with a 96 mph fasetball is sorry, no matter how bad he was

2. I hope the ridiculous Astros couple in matching ponchos directly behind home plate lost all of their retirement funds to Enron

Edited by Quoner

I happened to hear Cooperstein this morning. He was actually saying that since balls and strikes can't be argued, throwing at the plate umpire is the only way a team has to get it's point across.

Throwing at the umpire?!?!?!?!

What's next? If the first base ump misses a call, the next batter runs out of the baseline to mow down the 1st base ump?

I really hope he is wrong about this.

I happened to hear Cooperstein this morning. He was actually saying that since balls and strikes can't be argued, throwing at the plate umpire is the only way a team has to get it's point across.

Throwing at the umpire?!?!?!?!

What's next? If the first base ump misses a call, the next batter runs out of the baseline to mow down the 1st base ump?

I really hope he is wrong about this.

Coop said this? He was probably kidding around.

Big series for the little Rangers. Sure wish I could watch it, but all I get on FSSW is a fixed picture and some smooth jazz. Guess it is blacked out? An away game?

FSSW has it on the television calender on their website. Anyone know what is up?

Big series for the little Rangers. Sure wish I could watch it, but all I get on FSSW is a fixed picture and some smooth jazz. Guess it is blacked out? An away game?

FSSW has it on the television calender on their website. Anyone know what is up?

I've got the game right now (I have U-Verse).

5-6 ↑8th.

I like the addition of Molina, but the details of the Cliff Lee deal intrigue me. I am hearing that the Rangers can get Lee without adding money by including Harden in the deal. Because the Mariners aren't shedding cash the prospects in the deal would have to be top of the line. It would probably involve 1 sure thing prospect (the Smoak, Feliz, Holland variety) and then 2 or 3 of the highly touted prospects (Scheppers, Ogando, Perez, Beavan, Moreland). Just interesting to think about.

Oh and this just in, Vlad strokes.

I like the addition of Molina, but the details of the Cliff Lee deal intrigue me. I am hearing that the Rangers can get Lee without adding money by including Harden in the deal. Because the Mariners aren't shedding cash the prospects in the deal would have to be top of the line. It would probably involve 1 sure thing prospect (the Smoak, Feliz, Holland variety) and then 2 or 3 of the highly touted prospects (Scheppers, Ogando, Perez, Beavan, Moreland). Just interesting to think about.

Oh and this just in, Vlad strokes.

I don't think I like the Cliff Lee deal. It seems like you are sacrificing depth for one guy, one very good guy, but still one guy. I don't have a problem with this in theory, I'm just not convinced that Cliff Lee is the guy for which this should be done. He will be a free agent at the end of 2010, and it seems a lot to give up for the rental of one guy, although a very good guy.

Hopefully the sale can get done and a contract extension can get worked out with Lee before the deal is done. That would be a good. If Lee is bent on becoming a free agent after this season, let him. But let him do it from a Seattle uniform.

Edited by UNT90

I don't think I like the Cliff Lee deal. It seems like you are sacrificing depth for one guy, one very good guy, but still one guy. I don't have a problem with this in theory, I'm just not convinced that Cliff Lee is the guy for which this should be done. He will be a free agent at the end of 2010, and it seems a lot to give up for the rental of one guy, although a very good guy.

Hopefully the sale can get done and a contract extension can get worked out with Lee before the deal is done. That would be a good. If Lee is bent on becoming a free agent after this season, let him. But let him do it from a Seattle uniform.

I read the Yankees aren't trading for him because they are confident they'll sign him this summer.

I read the Yankees aren't trading for him because they are confident they'll sign him this summer.

I just don't want the Rangers to get Teixeiraed.

Stay with the commitment that has you sitting with the best record in baseball.

I just don't want the Rangers to get Teixeiraed.

Stay with the commitment that has you sitting with the best record in baseball.

Well, today's trade pretty much seals it for me: meh to the big trade without a real owner. If financial relief means we'll overpay a good prospect for a freaking Molina brother, I shudder to think what Seattle or anyone else would ask for this year. I'm all for staying with this hand and exploring whether they could add a bat by dangling Ramirez, Davis or something of that ilk.

Well, today's trade pretty much seals it for me: meh to the big trade without a real owner. If financial relief means we'll overpay a good prospect for a freaking Molina brother, I shudder to think what Seattle or anyone else would ask for this year. I'm all for staying with this hand and exploring whether they could add a bat by dangling Ramirez, Davis or something of that ilk.

If you love prospects so much why don't you go marry them?

• Upvote 2

With the Rangers hitting a little rough patch, can there be any doubt that this hot July weather is the cause....

Thank you, Kansas City.

It's more like playing a very good Angels team, then facing a Chicago bunch that has won 16 of their last 22 might have something to do with it.

And yes, thank you very much KC.

Edited by Green Guy Bass

It's more like playing a very good Angels team, then facing a Chicago bunch that has won 16 of their last 22 might have something to do with it.

I guess I am going to have to start issuing sarcasm tags again, although a review of the temperatures for this July should have provided a clue.;)

Kansas City, you suck...

Scott Feldman is sparing everybody to death right now. Is it just me or does he have a total douche factor to him now? It seems that since he signed the big contract, it has gotten to his head. And after every dang start he always says he pitched well but things didn't work out. It is very very annoying.

Scott Feldman is sparing everybody to death right now. Is it just me or does he have a total douche factor to him now? It seems that since he signed the big contract, it has gotten to his head. And after every dang start he always says he pitched well but things didn't work out. It is very very annoying.

I fear last year was a career year for Feldman and the Rangers never get that kind of production from him again. Time will tell.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1