The Rangers Are In First Place!

If you consider giving up Smoak as all-in, then I guess your right. This is hardly all-on. All-in would have been giving up holland or scheppers.

If someone had told you that a team was gonna be no hit through 6 tnite and the opposing pitcher would give up 3 jacks, who woulda rhunk it would be this way.

Terrible series continues against 1 of worst teams in the league starting one of their worst starting pitchers, yet he finds a way to throw a no hitter through 6 1/3

I consider a half-season rental going all-in. Smoak was a top-20 prospect, and there's a reason he was the player Seattle wouldn't do the deal without.

Actually, they have only been playing "dynomite" for a little over a month. Take out the 11 game win streak and they are 3 games over .500

Take out the 11 game win streak? Thats part of their record this year, you can't really take it out of the equation.... and if you take out the last two series we lost where will we be? If you look at things that way you can take anything out of what we have done to make the team look how every you want.

The truth is the Rangers are 14 games over .500 and kicking the rest of the divisions ass! They had an 11 game win streak, shouldn't that be indicative of how good they are or could be, or do you think it just dumb luck?

I think that this is a great team that needed a bit of a push to go forward. Don't worry about tonight, Lee will come around and this team is going to have a great second half! love this trade...

Edited by hickoryhouse

Take out the 11 game win streak? Thats part of their record this year, you can't really take it out of the equation.... and if you take out the last two series we lost where will we be? If you look at things that way you can take anything out of what we have done to make the team look how every you want.

The truth is the Rangers are 14 games over .500 and kicking the rest of the divisions ass! They had an 11 game win streak, shouldn't that be indicative of how good they are or could be, or do you think it just dumb luck?

Context, my friend. I was responding to a post that said the Rangers have been playing lights out all season. I was merely pointing out that the Rangers caught fire in June, and the 11 game win streak was a part of that.

Gut Punch

Relations with a beautiful woman

Gut Punch

Gut punch while you lay there and do nothing about it and that beautiful woman that you had relations with watches, except you are not intoxicated anymore and her beauty is much more questionable.

Actually, they have only been playing "dynomite" for a little over a month. Take out the 11 game win streak and they are 3 games over .500

I still have a lot of offensive questions about this team, but I'm glad they took a chance on the Lee trade.

I'll be more pumped when the old school crackhead is gone

If Johnny Oates was caught doing blow, would you call him this too?

Coming from a recovering krackhead... a krackhead is a krackhead regardless of age,race or sex. I don't know if Ron has a problem or it was just an occassional thing , but I gotta think that if he was a true krackhead he couldn't do what he does. Being out in public that much , being on airplanes and being on the camera. Is Ron a krackhead ? I don't think so , but if Oates was caught people would probably say that White Trash Krackhead or Old Krackerhead , either way when you get caught with something people will say negative things.

373 days & counting since I've danced with that devil !

Edited by NT03

No, I'd probably call him an old school George Jung. But if it were Josh Hamilton, I'd call him a young school crackhead.

Isn't it your station that calls him the old school brother?

Let's not get all self righteous.

Yeah, as long as he keeps a team in 1st place, I honestly don't care until the league does.

BUT, I'm gonna make fun of him solely on the basis that he claimed it to be a one-time thing he tried at 50+. It's insulting to expect me to believe that. It reminds me of a time when I was out in LA and a model/actress star of a TV show would regularly cost us half a day because she couldn't remember her lines. One day she says "It's not that I can't remember my lines. I just can't say the words," as if her inability to grasp English as a first language was somehow better than being forgetful.

Experimenting at near 60 years old? Doubtful to begin with. Add in being a manager of a professional sports team and it's just stupid, even if it WERE the truth.

All-Star Beak.Too bad the Rangers took off for the mid-summer break 4 games early. 2 games with Cliff Lee on the roster, 2 runs. He probably thinks he is still in Seattle.

Predictions for the rest of the way? Final record for the little Rangers? I followed the Quoner example and studied the remaining schedule before coming up with a number. I think the Rangers will go 41-33 the rest of the way. This incudes losing just about every series to the Yanks and Boston while taking most series from the lesser teams while splitting with the Angels, Tigers, Twins, and Rays. Amazingly, there are no more games against the White Sox (thank god).

I also figured in a 4 game sweep of Baltimore in Baltimore. Got to be a payback, right?

That would give them 91 wins, one short of the number promised by Mr. Ryan, and should be more than enough to win the AL West.

All-Star Beak.Too bad the Rangers took off for the mid-summer break 4 games early. 2 games with Cliff Lee on the roster, 2 runs. He probably thinks he is still in Seattle.

Predictions for the rest of the way? Final record for the little Rangers? I followed the Quoner example and studied the remaining schedule before coming up with a number. I think the Rangers will go 41-33 the rest of the way. This incudes losing just about every series to the Yanks and Boston while taking most series from the lesser teams while splitting with the Angels, Tigers, Twins, and Rays. Amazingly, there are no more games against the White Sox (thank god).

I also figured in a 4 game sweep of Baltimore in Baltimore. Got to be a payback, right?

That would give them 91 wins, one short of the number promised by Mr. Ryan, and should be more than enough to win the AL West.

Luckily the Angels are struggling like the Rangers right now too but I think Texas will bounce back. They aren't the same team like in years past and I expect them to come back and start winning again.

I decided I'd jump back in not by reliving the O's collapse (O's - collapse - economic collpase - Obama - think about it), but instead, making a list of what I want to say to each member of the offense for the second half.

1. Elvis Andrus. You're an amazing kid, but you, like many of your young buddies on this team, are moving into the point of your career where people can no longer excuse you for being a kid. In some ways that may not seem fair because you are still so young, but an all-star bid has pretty much canceled that out. No one is asking you to start hitting homeruns or steal 30 bases in the second half, but you need to play smarter. Your baserunning gaffs have been well-documented, but you know what pisses me off? When you have a 3-1 count, take a borderline pitch, but still defiantly start taking off your gloves to go to first, then look incredulously at the umpire when he signals strike 2. That makes people hate you and will not help you get calls. Take your umpire relations cues from Hamilton or Young, not Kinsler.

2. Michael Young. I trust you, Michael. At some point in the next three weeks, you will lock-in again and reel off a nice run of 22-50 or something like that. All I ask is that you continue to do your best in the field and not make the gaff that costs us a key game (save them for KC or something), and figure out things quickly. You were raking, but since you failed to run home on the wild pitch in the 2-1 loss to the Angels, you lost your mojo.

3. Ian Kinsler My dearest Ian. The numbers say you have been great lately, but for some reason, you never pass the eye test with me. It must be the frustration of last year. Still, the third highest OBP in the AL cannot be wrong. Just don't get any ideas about hitting 30 homeruns again.

4. Vlad Have my kids. And don't slump.

5. Josh Hamilton. Win triple crown. Eat the kids Vlad and I have for sustenance. Don't do drugs.

6. Nelson Cruz You were my biggest hope for this year. I expected you to lead the team in homeruns and be a huge presence in the lineup. Now, it's not your fault you got injured, but we need you right. This offense is already good, but you are the link that puts it over the top. If you can hit .300 with 15 homers in the second half, we win the division by 8-9 games.

7. Molina/Treanor We all know at this point that you two are what you are. Molina, your value will be to keep fast teams from running wild on us and learning your pitching staff. If Feliz ever throws an offspeed pitch on a full count again, I will kill you with my bare hands.

8. Chris Davis I love this guy and I think he comes up big down the stretch. In other words, I happen to believe he is going to be a damn fine first baseman and if he's not, I'll take my lumps (or trade for a bat).

9. Julio Bourbon I cannot believe you salvaged your season. If Andrus continues the mental slide, get ready to hit lead-off.

I figure we have some time, so I'll do the rotation and bullpen/prospects in the near future.

Edited by Quoner

This team sucks.

I actually had them going 1-3 in this series, so they are 2 games up on the 91 win prediction. Long way to go, but a good start.

I'll even take just 1 win in Detroit and be happy.

"What the %$^# do I have to do to get run support for ANY team I pitch for." - Cliff Lee thoughts while starting the 9th last night.

I actually had them going 1-3 in this series, so they are 2 games up on the 91 win prediction. Long way to go, but a good start.

I'll even take just 1 win in Detroit and be happy.

"What the %$^# do I have to do to get run support for ANY team I pitch for." - Cliff Lee thoughts while starting the 9th last night.

Taking 3 of 4 in Boston is a great way to start the second half.

Frince Fielder to the Rangers?

Don't think that it can happen, nothing o trade, no real owner, bud selig wants to shut down the franchise....... But it is an interesting idea from good ole John Kruk.

Kruk's idea would take some real ballS.

You know, if you took the throw-ins we've had to put in trades because Hicks sucks (Maine, Beavan and probably another guy or two), you could probably make this deal rather easily.

Which brings me to my real point, eff Tom Hicks.

Kruk's idea would take some real ballS.

You know, if you took the throw-ins we've had to put in trades because Hicks sucks (Maine, Beavan and probably another guy or two), you could probably make this deal rather easily.

Which brings me to my real point, eff Tom Hicks.

When did the Rangers deal Main?

The three way deal when they sent Augusta to Georgia and Portland to Oregon in exchange for John and Lion's?

Meanwhile, Frince Field is frolicking a few posts up, happily unmolested.