The Rangers Are In First Place!

This is exciting. I think Lee is a stud. I know he is here for this season in particular but I am just hoping that we are able to sign him long term.

That, to me, is the key. I'm thrilled to have him for half a season; but if the Rangers don't sign him long term, they are in worse shape next year than at the beginning of this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270335/23100006?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry23100006

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5367615

Lee could start for the Rangers as early as Saturday against the Orioles.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100709&content_id=12103300&vkey=news_tex&fext=.jsp&c_id=tex

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Lawson, Lueke, and Beavan are confirmed by Ken Rosenthal. Rangers are stoked and so am I. I love this trade so much.

I completely agree. This is a trade where I actually don't mind renting Lee, if that is what it comes to (which it probably will, because the F'n Yanks will offer him a gazillionbillion dollars at the end of the year).

Just think of the pitchin' this gives the little Rangers. Although still behind the F'n Yanks, they have Lee, Colby, and CJ/Hunter as the top three pitchers, with Feldman (how great would this be if he were the same pitcher as last year), Holland, Harrison, McCarthy (is he healthy?), and Scheppers on the way.

Great, great day in the history of this franchise. They get a bonafide #1 starter and give up 0 players ready to play at the major league level.

EDIT: Don't count Harden out of this mix. He is a second half pitcher (lets all hope).

Edited by UNT90

Hope you like sloppy seconds, because the trade and I just consummated.

Funny, I just had a three way with JD and Nolan Ryan.

How they were able to do this with the ownership situation is stunning. JD should win exec of the year.

Funny, I just had a three way with JD and Nolan Ryan.

How they were able to do this with the ownership situation is stunning. JD should win exec of the year.

Underrated part of this trade: Lowe replaces Frankie when he leaves next season.

Underrated part of this trade: Lowe replaces Frankie when he leaves next season.

Plus, it gives them the option to slip Holland into Frankie's role when he returns (if they want to).

It just gives them so many pitching options.

If Lee doesn't sign the Rangers get two supplemental first round picks.

Depends on the team he signs with and other factors. If it's the Yankees, you end up with like #30 and a sandwich pick. I doubt he re-signs here.

I'm okay with this trade but not ecstatic, bc it doesn't do anything long-term and I have doubts about the Rangers this year. It's a half-season rental, and our two starters behind him are a guy who pitched last year in Japan and a guy who pitched last year in the bullpen. You downgraded at 1B long-twerm (as Smoak was a true blue-chipper), with little contingency plan, and traded Beavan, an underrated prospect who just got through dominating AA at 21. Love that JD got Lowe in on it.

Overall, I like it okay for right now. But I was happy with the Rangers season already. It actually makes me sick that JUST NOW some people are getting pumped about a 1st place team that's been playing dynamite most of the year.

Actually, they have only been playing "dynomite" for a little over a month. Take out the 11 game win streak and they are 3 games over .500

I still have a lot of offensive questions about this team, but I'm glad they took a chance on the Lee trade.

I'll be more pumped when the old school crackhead is gone

Edited by UNT90

Actually, they have only been playing "dinomite" for a little over a month. Take out the 11 game win streak and they are 3 games over .500

I still have a lot of offensive questions about this team, but I'm glad they took a chance on the Lee trade.

I'll be more pumped when the old school crackhead is gone

See, I have plenty of questions about the team. That's why I'm not super high on the rental of Lee. And yes, much of their record is propped up on that win streak vs. terrible teams.

I just think they went all-in a year early.

If you consider giving up Smoak as all-in, then I guess your right. This is hardly all-on. All-in would have been giving up holland or scheppers.

If someone had told you that a team was gonna be no hit through 6 tnite and the opposing pitcher would give up 3 jacks, who woulda rhunk it would be this way.

Terrible series continues against 1 of worst teams in the league starting one of their worst starting pitchers, yet he finds a way to throw a no hitter through 6 1/3