The Rangers Are In First Place!

Sad that this thread didn't have the legs of last years.

But it is funny how this year is shaping up so much like last. Rangers get out to a 4 game lead ( last year it was 5), only to have the Angels come charging back. Don't look now, but they Halos have won 10 of the last 12 and are ready to overtake the little Rangers once again.

But, I actually have hope for the strangers this year.

And with his recent upswing...Ron Washington decides to sit Smoak tonight...

I swear, that man could not manage his way out of a plastic zip-lock bad filled with palvo blanco.

Even better: Josh Hamilton had a cortisone shot in his knee yesterday. He was brought it as a PH in the 6th (which is good) and stayed in for 3 innings (which is bad). Today he is playing center while Gentry (a fast and good OF) plays left.

Please let the sale go through in July and the team still be within 2-3 games of the division lead.

So amidst Oswalt and Lee discussions, why has Danny Haren's name not been tossed into the Ranger's rumor mill? Arizona has already announced they're going into fire-sale mode...Haren is younger, cheaper and has a better K rate than Oswalt.

Oswalt would put butts in seats.

Dan Haren has been horrible this year. He is giving up a ton of homeruns and taking this struggling pitcher who always falters in the second half of the season from the NL to the AL in the most hitter friendly ballpark in the league is going to resolve those problems? I think not.

I have a strict no-A's castoff policy. If that many guys can pitch well in that park and nowhere else except the NL JV league, then eff them.

Oswalt for Profar (sp?), Davis and a pitching prospect or two intrigues me -- especially with two more years, but Lee has proven he can do it in the AL.

I have a strict no-A's castoff policy. If that many guys can pitch well in that park and nowhere else except the NL JV league, then eff them.

Oswalt for Profar (sp?), Davis and a pitching prospect or two intrigues me -- especially with two more years, but Lee has proven he can do it in the AL.

If those prospects are Perez and/or Scheppers I think you'd be nuts. Kiker/Main/Beavan/Font...sure.

If those prospects are Perez and/or Scheppers I think you'd be nuts. Kiker/Main/Beavan/Font...sure.

I am considering Scheppers to be a deadline acquisition since his promotion should be around then.

Perez is off limits unless it gets us Greinke. Of the other four, I'd do Kiker and Font without hesitation, and the other two with just a little more.

Bold prediction: We'll be up 5 by June

Things are going to pick up in the division and the Angels will not stay down forever, but I think 90 will get this done. The May and June schedule for us is (seemingly) super-soft, but the second half of July and August looks like a real beotch.

And yes, I often stare at my wall calendar wistfully at work.

Prophet?

11 and counting...